Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Car Driver in "not looking" shocker (!!!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 01:11 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Car Driver in "not looking" shocker (!!!) Reply with quote

Zim's had a bit of a nasty incident with a cager, from what he told me the bloke saw him coming, let him go then at the last moment tried pulling out. From what he's told me Zim clipped the back end of the car with the right front side of the bike, but kept it from going over.

He's ok apart from his right hand, which is a bit mashed. Right about now he's sitting in hospital waiting for an X Ray (quite possibly reading "Cooking with Cheese", the only half decent mag the hospital had to offer). Not sure if it's fractured or just bruised, but it doesn't look too bad.

As for the bike it's come off remarkably well for something which has bounced off a car at 20/30 mph. Cracked front upper cowl (just missed the headlight), slightly cracked/scratched right fairing, snapped brake lever and a bent right hand clipon.

I'll let him give you the rest of the details, for now, GWS Zim+ZXR Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 04:00 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Crap car drivers! Reply with quote

Hope hes OK and out ridin again!

I was out this evening for a bit of a cruz. Was in one very near crash with some stupid (women) driver who decides to pull out without looking. Luckily I predicted that she might be a bit dim(as many women car drivers are) and since I crashed my last bike in very similar circumstances I decided to slow down. Missed the dum bitch by inches and gave her a right boolickin at the next lights. Typically she ignored me!! There are way tooo many car drivers out there who dont know how to drive. Its scary!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

shamrock it scares the shit out of me when I see "L" drivers over here, back in sa we cant drive a car without a licensed driver in the other seat when U have a learner license :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 12:53 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Poor Zim!!! Reply with quote

Bugger!
I hope he is ok, and didnt have to spend too many DAYS waiting in casualty!

Give him a kiss better from me Korn! Razz

~Viper~

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:04 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Poor Zim!!! Reply with quote

Viper wrote:

Bugger!
I hope he is ok, and didnt have to spend too many DAYS waiting in casualty!

Bugger!
I hope his bike is ok, and won't have to spend too many weeks waiting in a garage! Razz

People mend them selves (kind of)... bikes don't Smile

Hopefully he'll be able to sue the &*%$ out of the driver.

rjuch
We have the same rules for learner car drivers here

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if its like that for Ireland
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: Zimm Reply with quote

He was lucky he kept the bike upright, could of been alot worse for him and the bike.

Hope he's back on his bike soon. Does he have any witness' for the insurance claim?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 17:10 - 18 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike's ridable, just cosmetic damage and the bent clipon. As for Zim he's broken one of the knuckes (I think) in his hand, from what I heard this morning.

He's going to have to cover the cost of the damage himself, but I'll let him tell you about that when he gets back on. He's back at home from hospital now but his computer isn't working, so he can't get on the forum.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 20 Feb 2002    Post subject: Get well soon Reply with quote

Get well soon Zim Very Happy

Yet another victim of the DICKHEADS that populate our roads. Hope he got their plate...... I went under a car last year cos a car pulled out on me. Had to swerve and brake and cos it was wet I hit a wet drain, went under a parked car at about 30. The bitch who pulled out on me just drove off, left me laying in the road. Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like the bike got off q.well considering....

Laters

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:20 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he's back on the road soon,

I got left in a hedge unconscious by a wanker in a blue mondeo after he pull out infront of me at a wee round-about!!!

Keep 'er lit!!

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 17:04 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: HEY EVERYONE! :) Reply with quote

sorry bout my lack of posts the past few days.. the pc's bin a bit mashed...
now calm down everyone im ok Smile silly idiot pulled out on me, i feckin hate cars Evil or Very Mad and after a nice long wait at the hospital i found out ive got a spiral fracture of the metacarpal (if anybody doesnt no what that is - i broke the 4th bone up from the end of my finger next to my little finger) if u get that Smile anyways it dont hurt too much, and im still able to ride the bike (avoiding the large potholes cos they hurt Smile ) and i cant claim on anyones insurance cos lets just say i have a lil problem with my insurance at the mo... Rolling Eyes which is unfortunate cos i woulda took the idiot in the car to the cleaners and got them to fix every little nut and bold thats broken on the bike... but i cant, so no use crying over spilt milk eh... anyways ive ordered a new front fairing (£387.63) :o Crying or Very sad and im gonna fix it up this weekend, then ive just gotta sort out a new side fairing sometime when ive got £250 spare and the bike will be nice and shiny again Smile ... and just to make matters worse, on the way to work this morning i got a puncture!!! Mad just not my week really, oh well, nearly the weekend, time to get piiiised up! Very Happy

sorry for rambling on everyone Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:21 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: HEY EVERYONE! :) Reply with quote

Good to see you & bike are okay...

Might have mentioned this before:

Someone I knew came off a Bandit 1200 when a car pulled in front of him; he put the front brake on to hard, went over the front (with pillion) and the bike landed on him. He didn't have any insurance, licence, tax or mot

When he had recovered a bit he managed to claim off the insurance indutry association (or somethin similar) who pay out if the accident is caused by an un-insured rider.

It's probably not worth the risk though and if the accident wasn't officially recorded by the police then you may well save money by not telling insurance companies.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're ok,

Whats up with your insurance then?

Laters
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1