Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Any of last seasons arais knocking about/when is next season

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 11 Mar 2008    Post subject: Any of last seasons arais knocking about/when is next season Reply with quote

Was in HG picking up a new catalogue the other day, when I did something foolish, since I've never even touched an arai before I decided to see if they fitted me.

Oh god, I thought my other helmets fitted, but this was like having a really fat lady put her legs round my face, it was amazing.

And now I need an arai Rolling Eyes to be fair I was planning on a new helmet soonish, my old HJC is pretty cheap and has taken a few knocks, and the marushin has a poorly finished feel, is too noisy, and pushes into my face at speed. I really really want this shark, but I'm not tarty enough to buy a helmet just cos it looks good, and because the arai fitted so well I would feel silly going for anything else.

Now onto the questions, firstly, I notice arai have a lot of different ranges, do all the ranges have the same head shape, or will I have to get the name of the range that fits me? Secondly, I really don;t like any of the designs in the current range, so it'll probably be a matt black/gloss white depending on if I feel sensible on the day, when do they change their range. I have a feeling it was quite recently, any recomendations of places that are likely to have quite a few of last season arais about (online or brick and morter,) so I can see if I like any of em, cheaper too Thumbs Up

Cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 11 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right....

Arai have 2 different shell shapes spread through the range, I couldn't reliably tell you which is which though.

Otherwise, they are utterly lush lids, my only critisim would be to keep an eye on your cheek pads as they can compress a little bit more than you'd expect. Easy enough to sort on most of them except the condor afaik.
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:36 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/

Call them, they're good guys. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.28 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 36.23 Kb