Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

a nuclear what if...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: a nuclear what if... Reply with quote

what if Iran was given a nuke?

I honestly think that it would be good, in theory it should make America shut the fuck up and wind there neck in.

nuclear stand-off i probably the best way to stop war i think.

opinions?

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoko
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:21 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having long range tactical nuclear weapons just stops other people using theirs on you.

Agreed the yanks need to wind their neck in and sooner or later the shits gonna hit the fan and it aint gonna be pretty.

I'd like to see them put in their place but there is always going to be someone at the top of the pecking order and its better for us that it's someone who likes us than someone who doesnt.

I think if it did kick off between two heavy weights it would be pretty messy unless you're in the International Space Station Laughing

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the islamist fundamentalists think life happens after death, so they wouldn't feel they had much to lose in a nuclear conflagration. Them having nukes would be like...a suicide-bomber having Semtex. Shocked

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
The problem is the islamist fundamentalists think life happens after death, so they wouldn't feel they had much to lose in a nuclear conflagration. Them having nukes would be like...a suicide-bomber having Semtex. Shocked

Not only Islamic fundamentalists that think that though, hey?
(Actually, all the islamic fundamentalists in the news always seem to be acting as useful idiots. See 7/7 or 9/11 bombings for the irregularities there) Trained at US bases anyone?

I wonder why the issues of Iran and Nukes (that old chestnut AGAIN Rolling Eyes ) is suddenly being mentioned? Is it because the top US commander for actions in the Middle East, Fallon, has suddenly retired (in what appears to be disgust) leaving the way free for Bush et al to move in on Iran?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/182868.php

I don't trust Iran, but I trust the nations that currently hold nuclear stocks even less.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:59 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they did have one. Two important points:

1) They can't get it to anywhere outside the middle East, no delivery system.

2) They live next door to Israel who have LOTS of nukes and aren't afraid to use them.

It a matter of historical fact that Israel at one point had 13 thermonuclear weapons (not pansy fission bombs like Iran are after) slung under aeroplanes with pilots in the seats and the engines running while being hot refueled. They were ready to wipe Egypt off the face of the map.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what now Iran is a country of complete fanatics? ,

People are more alike than you reckon , the government does things we don't like but should we as a population as a whole be condemned for the actions of our scummy government ? , no?

And anyway it is a question of economics! ,

Iran gets nuclear power , it can sell almost all of the stuff it consumes domestically , in Euros , it does this the US$ , becomes even more worthless on the open market.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 14:48 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea.

It would certainly level the playing field, and you might see Iran getting a bit more time to put its own point across in the news - countries gain a bit of international respect when they have a nuke.

They are a stable country too, so I wouldn't expect them to go launching their nuke at Israel, which would be a bit of a problem.

and as said, it would allow them to start trading in euros, and therefore push the weak US economy over the edge. Would be a good reason for us to get in on the single currency too, but it looks like if this EU constitution thing comes in thats only a matter of time.

I just hope that America doesn't declare war on them before they get a nuke, that would make a horrible mess.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is another theory though that the US government is getting into tons of debt on purpose, (its not my theory)

In that if you think about it the US has a huge military, and can grow surplus food to its own requirements, thus when creditors want the debt back ,the US government can say make me.

The theory goes as such , with all 'enemy' powers owning masses of US debt, if they keep making more debt , and sometime around 2011-2015 renege on it.

This would cause a deep US recession for USD would be worthless on the money markets years which would be very harsh and kill millions of people in the US generally the poor, for 5-10 years.

This would have various side effects China would implode and its economy would be toast, all the USD it is holding would suddenly become just paper, and all the gold it has exchanged for USD would be in the US. China would be set back 50-100 years economically , especially since they have to import alot of their food, and there would be huge civil disorder as factories supplying the US/EU shut. (remember in such a situation Europe is also toast)

The king of the rubble heap would be the US,

How realistic this is depends on how many of its own citizens its willing to kill.

Though as said this isn't my theory.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the issue of trust is a big one, but i think it would make America behave, then again of it does come to a nuclear war, then America will probably win, to be honest i think the Russians will be next to 'rule the world' as it would be.

for example the British had an empire kinda thing, now its the yanks turn, but the Russians have got a much better air force, not enough cash to keep it all floating but everyone knows that if a standoff happened between a su33 flanker and the yanks F-22 Raptor, the flanker would blow it out of the sky, same a a hind would wipe out an apache any day with a well trained pilot.

I think the Russians should get nukes, ok they probably already have but maybe if they could afford to flex there military arm a bit more then America would wind its neck in.

Kris wrote:

I wonder why the issues of Iran and Nukes (that old chestnut AGAIN Rolling Eyes ) is suddenly being mentioned?

because they were discussing it on Kerrang radio last night and i thought id start a debate on here Laughing

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:19 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Russians have more nukes than every country in the world bar the USA.

In fact the USA, fucked over the USSR during the SALT talks of the 70's and 80's promising disarnament, the USSR destroyed almost three quarters of their arsenal, still leaving enough to destroy the world a few times over, the USA only destroyed a quarter.

Nuclear weapons are so pointless, if one ever gets launched there will ALWAYS be a retaliate attack, the world and civilisation over in a few hours.

It's a button to self destruct. Simple as.

I think the British empire, american empire thing is a bit overblown.

Britain had a HUGE empire, we were the first properly industrialised country in the world, if there hadn't been two world wars this century our country would be a hyperpower, not a minority power in a superpower utopia of the EU.

The American's are shooting themselves in the foot somewhat, on their banks notes they have something about freedom from oppression on them dating back to the American war for independence in the 18th century, yet now they are becoming more and more imperialist in nature.

You can't blame America for this. It is Europe's fault, if we didn't self destruct in the 1940's, we still would have been the most powerful. The USA set out with very good intentions, they were picking up the pieces from World War II, gave shitloads of USD out to rebuild Europe, mainly to protect them from the evils of communism, whereas the USSR as seen in Eastern Europe weren't bothered about rebuilding and development.

The fundamental problem in it all is that Congress in the US changed in the 1970's, giving more power to the president and the military. You give the military power and you get the nasty consequences, which is what we are experiencing now. The USA used to be pacifist in nature, only joining in if they really had too, i.e Pearl Harbour. Of course they had allies, the UK wouldn't have won either WW1 or 2 without US money and arms, but generally didn't want to fight, they were happy by themselves in N.America.

The New World Order and subsequent globalisation stems from this, in one vein purists would see the USA as protectors of the modern world, seeing as they had to pick up the rest of the world, they had Nuclear weapons before anybody else, they only used them in Japan, to save more US soldiers lives, yes they killed millions of civilians, but the war would have gone on much longer without it. However I firmly believe in the cold war they would never have been the agressors to a nuclear war, the unstable USSR, or Mao's china was going to provide the spark.

Do you know what the great Chairman Mao said to Khrushchev at a conference in 1958?

"We could launch some missiles at the USA, yes we will probably lose half our population, but half of them will still be alive to make sure the victory of communism is ensured." Think yourself lucky Mao didn't have nuclear arsenal at this time. Is also one reason why the USSR were reluctant to give China the instructions on making the bomb.

Ha, here's another thing. When the Sino-Soviet conflict took place in 1960's the USSR shredded all the instructions for the Chinese on how to build a nuclear bomb. The Chinese actually pieced these shreds together and made a bomb two years later! Shocked

OK, now I feel like i'm writing an essay, forgive me I was writing an essay on the Sino-Soviet conflict this morning. Embarassed
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:

Do you know what the great Chairman Mao said to Khrushchev at a conference in 1958?

"We could launch some missiles at the USA, yes we will probably lose half our population, but half of them will still be alive to make sure the victory of communism is ensured." Think yourself lucky Mao didn't have nuclear arsenal at this time. Is also one reason why the USSR were reluctant to give China the instructions on making the bomb.

Well you just described the fallacy of MAD, in that if one side has more to lose much more to lose then it is unbalanced, China in the 1940s on had a massive increase in population in preparation for a huge USSR vs China war, China with no high tech weapons would rely upon infantry rushes , which up until the 1960s actually still worked (as proven in Korean war).

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:41 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were skirmishes along the USSR/China border throughout the 60's. In fact the closest they got to nuclear war was at the peak of the Sino-Soviet conflict when they actually pointed their nukes at each other.

Mao didn't care about the people anyway, his Great Leap Forward and the death of millions from starvation proved it.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:

because they were discussing it on Kerrang radio last night and i thought id start a debate on here

I didn't mean why are you talking about it, I meant why is it suddenly cropping up on radio as a talking point?

Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that Mao was helped into power by the Western elite banking cartels? He was the annointed one, with certain policies already agreed before he took power.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:48 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say it has come up in my China module, as far as we have read and been told, the USA supported the GMD and Chiang Kaishek, who subsequently fled to Taiwan after the creation of the PRC under Mao in 1949. Smile

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
There were skirmishes along the USSR/China border throughout the 60's. In fact the closest they got to nuclear war was at the peak of the Sino-Soviet conflict when they actually pointed their nukes at each other.

Mao didn't care about the people anyway, his Great Leap Forward and the death of millions from starvation proved it.

People's century an old 1990s history programme has a good take on this, in that in in Asian societies face is incredibly important, villagers were encouraged to lie about crop yields , show fields were arranged to view by the great leader when the crops were uprooted and planted in a single field.

Harvests were destroyed to save face by planting show fields, government would come and take the harvest away , (later to pay debts incurred to the USSR) , killed millions , which cements his place in history as the highest body count ever , perhaps more than every other dictator put together.

BUT , this was the pain that was incurred to 'catch up' , in less than 50 years they became economy #4 booting ourselves out the way.

v bad if you were one of the sacrifices for the future though.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Can't say it has come up in my China module, as far as we have read and been told, the USA supported the GMD and Chiang Kaishek, who subsequently fled to Taiwan after the creation of the PRC under Mao in 1949. Smile

US and British forces worked closely with Mao during WWII, and once the war was over covertly backed and bankrolled Mao in driving out the Kaishek nationalists. It's well documented that the various round table groups (you're aware of these - right?) have bankrolled the authoritarian regimes from Fascism to Communism in modern history.

Thumbs Up

Tell that to your tutor and watch his face Wink

[edit] found a top quote. Thumbs Up

"Whatever the price of the Chinese revolution it has obviously succeeded not only in producing more efficient and dedicated administration, but also in fostering high morale and community of purpose. The social experiment in China under Chairman Mao's leadership is one of the most important and successful in history"
-David Rockefeller, Aug 10, 1973

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send in the Wombles and they could tidy up the world.
No matter how much we debate it WE will only be the fall out. The expendable ones. No matter who you vote for the outcome will be the same. You can debate history, religion, finance, ethics, or whatever. The truth is we will never know who what or why when it does happen. It's like debating about walking on the sun, it may happen one day but we will never see it.
When the button is pressed the guys in the mud huts and walk for 3 miles for their water will be the new super powers because we can't even catch, kill, skin and cook a rabbit.
Mind you when the shit does hit the fan all the bloody Poles, Indians, Nigerians will sod off.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:56 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat with an Iranian family in Pizza Hut two weeks ago waiting for my order. Made me realise all Iranians are not mental, suicide, Allah chanting maniacs.

I also met a lap dancer who was Muslim. Damn she was hot.
I'm now of the opinion it isn't Muslims that are the problem. Its poverty and anger in piss poor nations that drives teh people to hatred and they then use religion (aka Islam) as the means to express their anger.

I doubt if Iran even had a nuke it would make one bit of difference to the world power play, except create public support for another war against those evil muslims.

I think evil Arabs is probably a far more accurate term than muslims as it seems to be the middle eastern nations that breed the extremists. Moderate Islamic nations (such as malaysia) are to economically dependant on foreign investment and 'westernisation' of their ways of life to get bogged down by backward religious laws. Arab states are not bound by the same financial laws. Their oil means the rulers can do as they choose whilst western nations turn a blind eye.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 16:52 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
I sat with an Iranian family in Pizza Hut two weeks ago waiting for my order. Made me realise all Iranians are not mental, suicide, Allah chanting maniacs.

It's true, when you go out and meet the people from the places you see and hear about in the media, or personally speak to these people….it can change your view a great deal.

I visited Istanbul in January and was having a nice sit down, drinks and a fag with some Muslims who are my girlfriends house mates. They are Muslim like I am Christian, born with no choice of your religion but thankfully have had the right to think freely with out pressure.
The one girl explained to me that she thinks it’s funny that Muslims are asking for certain privileges, not just here in the UK but the world over. When talking about the clothing for example, she said there is no written ‘law’ in the Koran about what the women should wear, and that they should cover up head to toe how they do. She said it is simply to draw attention and make their voices heard in the communities they develop in, that way you start to feel like the minority and not them. Well coming from someone who lives in a country dominated by religion without the immigration problems we have, this put a lot of weight into what she was saying.

A lot of this shite mentioned above is all to do with the powers that be and the media, I try to ignore all of it. I only catch news I need to on the web and anything else is just bullshit. Unfortunately in these developing, religious countries a lot of them still think the white man is a perverse, manipulative species and that the Playstation 3 is a dangerous super computer. The dribs and draps of information they see through their media do carry a lot of weight amongst the people. I imagine if Iran had nukes, a lot of ‘followers’ would be protesting to get the button pressed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 20:45 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
I suppose the issue of trust is a big one, but i think it would make America behave, then again of it does come to a nuclear war, then America will probably win, to be honest i think the Russians will be next to 'rule the world' as it would be.

Shows how much you've been paying attention then - Not only is Russia facing terminal decline thanks to an alarmingly high death/birth ratio, any potential it may have as a function of energy-based influence is minuscule in comparison to the way that China is bursting onto the stage.

Quote:

but the Russians have got a much better air force,

What the fook?!

Since when?

Even the Russians at the height of their power accepted that they would effectively lose the air war - there's even a joke about it.

Quote:

everyone knows that if a standoff happened between a su33 flanker and the yanks F-22 Raptor, the flanker would blow it out of the sky, same a a hind would wipe out an apache any day with a well trained pilot.

Sweet Baby Jeebus!

On what grounds?! The SU33 is simply a naval version of the Su27 - and was thus produced in limited numbers. Neither are a match for the F22 - their superior maneuverability at close range and slow speeds would be irrelevant when attacked by a stealthy fighter with avionics generations in advance of their own - especially when one considers the fact that American fighter control doctrine is decades ahead of Russia.

As for the Hind/Apache - why exactly are two anti-tank/CAS platforms attempting to shoot each other down?! Again, the Hind was built for a different era, and is generations behind the latest Apache models.

Quote:

I think the Russians should get nukes, ok they probably already have but maybe if they could afford to flex there military arm a bit more then America would wind its neck in.

What the Frakk?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons#Estimated_worldwide_nuclear_stockpiles

Russia have just about more than everyone else put together!

Quote:

they were discussing it on Kerrang radio last night and i thought id start a debate on here Laughing

L O frakkin' L - The context for your facile statements becomes apparent - you based them on a debate on Kerrang?!

There is plenty of room for skepticism of America's conduct in international politics, but poorly-researched Yankophobic nonsense is never acceptable.

Even the Guardian Comment section wouldn't have printed that!

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 20:56 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:

Even I knew that without having to visit Pizza Hut! Heck, I've even met pleasant Somalians, it doesn't necessarily follow that all of them are nice, moderate, middle class beacons of decency.

In Iran, most of the problem stems from the Mad Mullahs and the Revolutionary Guard, who are effectively a state-within-a-state. They have their own Navy, Airforce, Police, Army, businesses, banks, etc. The Iranian people - especially the nice polite ones in Pizza Hut - do not control them, and so their pleasantness or normality or similarity to us are an irrelevance.

Quote:

I'm now of the opinion it isn't Muslims that are the problem. Its poverty and anger in piss poor nations that drives teh people to hatred and they then use religion (aka Islam) as the means to express their anger.

Definitely true in many cases - however, if the threat is coming from (or is hiding in) the Muslim community, it is only common sense to target them.

Quote:

I think evil Arabs is probably a far more accurate term than muslims as it seems to be the middle eastern nations that breed the extremists.

Definitely the driving force behind the majority of extremists, but there are plenty out there in otherwise 'moderate' countries who don't fit into the 'Evil Arab' category.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

Even the Russians at the height of their power accepted that they would effectively lose the air war - there's even a joke about it.

Probably ,

But then I do recall an article in the early 90s when you 12.8kbps was fast Laughing , where Russian airforce Mig 29 pilots went up against F16s in an icelandic exercise, the 29s were limited to 65% engine power and loaded up dirty (tanks and loads of missiles)

The Migs won the many of the first few mock engagements, until the US pilots adapted to the tactics used. And it turned the other way. Unfortunately if you die you are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

But the F22 is a white elephant , although super duper capable , it costs too much wayy too much it is the NR750 of military aviation.

And if you recall 1943 the Panzers were the BEST tanks in the world , Sherman tanks and T34's were inferior , the funniest comment I've heard was when a British sherman commander met a (unknown) he hid his tank in a hedge and waited for it to go past , and fired into its rear, the shell bounced off, he fired again and it bounced off.... (courtesy of the history channel).

Which is why the F35 cheapo version of the F22 was developed,

Also as we have crossed swords on this forum before, stranger things have happened a South African Diesel submarine killed an entire Nato fleet last year in a military exercise.

Fighter vs fighter is irrelevant , as F22/F35 are developed to counter SAMs , which the battlefield opponent to counter these days, why do you think Iran is trying to buy S300PMU/S400 SAM systems?. Sure the S300 costs $1/2 million per missile , but the F22 costs $150million.

But Russia is king of cheap weapons, an Apache D model costs $8 million , I bet a cheapo anti helicopter mine can turn it into scrap.

Infact in Iraq an RPG29 , killed a Challenger 2 tank , a challenger tank costs £3 million an RPG29 I suspect costs a fair bit less.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:26 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

But then I do recall an article in the early 90s when you 12.8kbps was fast Laughing , where Russian airforce Mig 29 pilots went up against F16s in an icelandic exercise, the 29s were limited to 65% engine power and loaded up dirty (tanks and loads of missiles)

The Migs won the many of the first few mock engagements, until the US pilots adapted to the tactics used. And it turned the other way. Unfortunately if you die you are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

True, although one must remember that multi-national exercises are hardly indicative of either a nation's actual capabilities or the results of a large-scale conflict.

Quote:

But the F22 is a white elephant , although super duper capable , it costs too much wayy too much it is the NR750 of military aviation.

It is obscenely expensive (6 times the cost of the Eurofighter for about 5% more AA capability) - but that wasn't what our friend said, he criticised it on the basis of ability!

Quote:

Which is why the F35 cheapo version of the F22 was developed,

To an extent - cost was definitely a factor, but so was the fact that America seldom wars with equals now, it gets down in the gutter with the Little People.

Quote:

Also as we have crossed swords on this forum before, stranger things have happened a South African Diesel submarine killed an entire Nato fleet last year in a military exercise.

Again, exercises often turn up things like this - as indeed do wars. It's seldom a good idea to take one incident and use it to generate a rule.

Quote:

Fighter vs fighter is irrelevant , as F22/F35 are developed to counter SAMs , which the battlefield opponent to counter these days, why do you think Iran is trying to buy S300PMU/S400 SAM systems?. Sure the S300 costs $1/2 million per missile , but the F22 costs $150million.

True to an extent - but the F22 is an air superiority fighter, and was thus designed to fight other fighter aircraft.

Quote:

But Russia is king of cheap weapons, an Apache D model costs $8 million , I bet a cheapo anti helicopter mine can turn it into scrap.

I'm sure there are 'cheapo' weapons that can muller a Hind too - the Apache is still better.

Quote:

Infact in Iraq an RPG29 , killed a Challenger 2 tank , a challenger tank costs £3 million an RPG29 I suspect costs a fair bit less.

I believe it was a soft kill, that the crew survived, and that occurred because the reactive armour failed to go off - and because the RPG most likely hit a rare weak spot in the frontal plates. There are other reports of Challengers weathering dozens of RPG hits (mostly RPG 7s I suppose) without suffering heavy damage.

There will always be lucky shots, and there will never be a totally invincible war machine - to use isolated examples can be misleading at best.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say probably...

But diesel subs thing isn't an isolated incident its been going on for a while

DAILY MAIL ALERT!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=492804&in_page_id=1811

https://www.sinodaily.com/reports/Chinese_Sub_Approached_US_Aircraft_Carrier_Undetected_999.html

three incidents (the other one being a South African sub) and diesel , electric subs are supposed to
be obselete too to boot.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2