Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

\o/ but nothing to be proud of

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:13 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: \o/ but nothing to be proud of Reply with quote

i now am an official (well not really but ill explain) proud(well not so proud) owner of a.....C90!. my dads mate who owns the gixxer1000 owns it for what im doing with it now. itll cost under £200 to insure TPO and i just want the NCB off it. itll never leave the garage cos i wouldnt be seen dead on one so ill never need to claim!. ill post pics if i ever get over the embarrassment Embarassed
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

why ere you embarassed if you aint ever gonna ride it?

Smart idea if you ask me. If I had some spare cash its something I'd do.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:22 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

just that thought of it...if me mates at college saw it id never live it down. good idea tho like ya said!
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

JImbo if u aint gonna ride about on it use it as a stunt bike im sure it can do something or other Smile

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
itll never leave the garage cos i wouldnt be seen dead on one so ill never need to claim!

Wingchunal wrote:
JImbo if u aint gonna ride about on it use it as a stunt bike im sure it can do something or other Smile

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:09 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing he doesn't 'stunt' on public roads, or doesn't crash into anyone while he is that wouldn't be a prob.

IMHO c90s are cool though Very Happy

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 19:12 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the bike need to be taxed and tested each year?...or can you build up NCB with SORN?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo u could start delivering pizza's Razz

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 19:13 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

its definately an oportunity to perfect your wheelies etc even if it is on a C90 a wheely at balance point would still kick arse. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:37 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

i aint paying tax or mot...do you need an mot to insure it???

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 22:57 - 27 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need neither Tax nor MOT to insure a bike. But make sure that the SORN is sent off each year.

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:24 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could be insured on your next door nabours car if u like they dont even need to know, i was temped 2 find a shit car i a scrapyard and get insure on it for the NCB,

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:35 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed to add to my knowledge SORN? que?

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 00:39 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statutory Off Road Notification [SORN]
Statutory off Road Notification (SORN) applies to any vehicle taxed on or after 31 January 1998. A declaration must be made by the vehicle's keeper whenever the licence is not renewed or is surrendered for refund. Keepers acquiring untaxed vehicles must license them or declare SORN if they are kept "off road". If your vehicle was not taxed on 31 January 1998 (i.e. classic cars, vehicles stored away for restoration, etc), you do not need to take any action until it is next taxed

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:55 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh i see...not a clue about that tho ill ask the previous/current owner about it

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 13:49 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the reminder form that they send you when it needs taxing it will say on the back how to take off the road. (you have to check a box and sign your name on it) then all you do is hand it in at your local post office. simple

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:04 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm what can they do if you don't tax it and don't declare it as SORN Rolling Eyes

/me checks tax disk... end of July '02 Rolling Eyes

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 17:14 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Bigass fine!

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:16 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... are you being serious? Confused

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:17 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that as long your vehicle stays off the road, you should be ok (i.e. crusher can't touch it), although you really should declare it as soon as poss.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:18 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't goin out my way to do nothin' for our government they're a bunch of arseholes, and the coppers did me for driving without due care and attention so they can bollocks as well.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:20 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, you'd be helping yourself rather than helping the government...especially if they slap you with a big fine...then you'd be helping the government...

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:23 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will claim I hear voices... Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:23 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do to get done for driving without due care and attention. And the £15 for NSR tax is a lot less than what they could fine you!

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:31 - 28 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tax it cos I have no insurance on it Confused

And I got done for driving without due care and attention cos I went round a rounabout the wrong way and nearly crashed into a police car that was tanking it along at like 70mph...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2