Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inquest

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inquest Reply with quote

Micheal Todd led the investigation into the charges that Britain cooperated with secret CIA flights.

Now he's dead.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of people who have 'evidence' against this government seem to be winding up dead in the woods... oops, I mean mountain.

*cough* Kelly *cough*

Brick Wall
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Brunstrom will take a hint. I would even drive him there and give him a bottle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Re: That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inque Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Micheal Todd led the investigation into the charges that Britain cooperated with secret CIA flights.

Now he's dead.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of people who have 'evidence' against this government seem to be winding up dead in the woods... oops, I mean mountain.

*cough* Kelly *cough*

Brick Wall

So who're we looking at here?

Freemasons?
Illuminati?
Lizardmen?

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
I have a theory it was a hit... Think about tha circumstances, Climbing... drunk... on snowdonia... In this weather?!

Then think about his recent "odd behaviour" and tha talk of all these affairs he had been having, including an alleged affair with a high profile manchester businesswomen.
Also I think he was up for promotion, though this would probably not have much to do with anything, unless tha was a reason certain elements could not afford to have this guy in th top ranks.

Finally there were notes and text messages sent to his friends and family members, that not only made them fear for his safety, but also for theirs...

Personally it all sounds a bit iffy to me, I think he may have been tha victim of a contract killing, and I'd have allot more respect for him if he did. I take a very dim view on suicide Tut Tut .... And I have just heard that a post morton revealed no obvious cause of death, he had no marks or visible injuries... hmmm Thinking

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I wonder if Brunstrom will take a hint. I would even drive him there and give him a bottle.

Well they say they happen in three's..
[url=https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7294840.stm] Linky to No 2 Karma

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me up until 'post morton'.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 13 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget some of his clothes were found 'nearby'.

Ah I see; the old drive to a hiking spot, strip off, text 'worrying texts' to loved ones and jump off a hillside thingy...

Nothing to see here, move along people..

Rolling Eyes

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye and a half empty bottle of spirits...Pppppfffff.

Dodgy as fuck. I didn't know about the involvement in this inquest lark, but I was suss when I heard it anyways.

Pretty brazen, almost too set-up to be a set-up.

Seemed like a good bloke, too. ACAB, but still... seeing the family always hits hard.

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:25 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Re: That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inque Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Lizardmen?

Know something I don't?

Wait a minute, maybe Tony Blair DOESN'T have a job working for JPMorgan earning 1m/year doing fuck all.

Maybe JPMorgan ISN'T reaping massive profits off the Iraq War, along with every other war America has been involved in in the past century.

Maybe politicians REALLY ARE in it for the good of the country.

But then I'd by lying.

Jesus Christ man, it's not a conspiracy, it's just profit.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:35 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The masses have been conditioned by the establishment, with huge help from the press, to call the truth a conspiracy-theory, so it can be treated as a joke and laughed at. Pure genius if you think about it.

What're really funny are the morons who think they're smart cookies when they point the conspiracy-theory finger and laugh at those who really do see and understand the truth.

Imagine the scenario...typical prol, bent over with the govt cock up his arse, hears somebody saying "Hey mate, you're being fucked by Big Brother!" and replies with a smug grin "Nice tin-foil hat you've got on there mate!"

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 05:46 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this makes a lot of sense. Maybe not in the way that he was killed, but that he was put under a lot of political pressure to do the wrong thing. So his turmoil was more than about himself and his life, it was about larger issues and as he believed in right and wrong, and felt he was unable to do the right thing, he topped himself.

So a lot like the Kelly thing.

The thing with conspiracy theories, is they often spot a grain of truth or a discrepancy in the official account, but sensationalise it to become something unbelieveable, so the grain of truth gets lost. Or join the dots in a way which gives a distorted picture which is something more easy to imagine than more subtle.

Ok someone could have killed him, but its more likely that he was put under unreasonable pressure and snapped.

Imagine, that he had investigated the rendition flights, and the right thing would be to go public with the results of his investigation, but someone had somehow bound him by the official secrets act or something. So he was in some kind of conflicted situation where he couldnt do the morally right thing and also obey the law. He didnt want to do the morally wrong thing and obey the law either, so his only way out was to end it all.

Maybe like Kelly he wouldnt be able to live with doing the wrong thing.

Probably not exactly that, but something similar.

Its almost nice in a way that high up figures like him and Kelly, care so much about these things that their own lives seem unimportant. They are right and they are wrong.

Last edited by colin1 on 17:08 - 14 Mar 2008; edited 1 time in total

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:37 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I though it was a bit suspect as soon as it came on the news. No history of depression suddenly decides to jump off a cliff?

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Imagine, that he had investigated the rendition flights, and the right thing would be to go public with the results of his investigation, but someone had somehow bound him by the official secrets act or something. So he was in some kind of conflicted situation where he couldnt do the morally right thing and also obey the law. He didnt want to do the morally wrong thing and obey the law either, so his only way out was to end it all.
- Coiln1

Cognitive dissonance, the effects of which can produce the most surprising reactions.

Regards

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7296678.stm

JP Morgan offers 'help' to another US bank that's facing troubles thanks to the credit crunch.

...Do you really think that JP Morgan Chase will give it money without expecting anything back?

It's going to swallow up the competition again (just as it did earlier in the century)

Planet Earth will eventually be renamed Planet Morgan (TINFOILHATERROR404)
John Lennon

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, the number of people who see things for what they are are growing. Thumbs Up

Bazza and the thoughtless drones like him will never change their minds. Even as Hitler's SS were ushering people into the gas chambers, some in the queues weer claiming that they were being 'looked after'. bazza is one of these sorts. They could be hacking them to death with a machete and Bazza would be offering advice...

Very Happy

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Kris, leave Bazza alone, he can't help it. You should feel compassion for the likes of Bazza.

Regards

Cestrian, the foam-splattering, knuckle-dragging meat-head.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://blatherreview.mu.nu/archives/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hilarious that some people can put corrupt politicians into the same "craziness" level as aliens controlling your brain.

History is full of people who have fought oppression from the political class. In today's world, even accusing any politician of corruption makes you a nutjob, regardless of any evidence you can show.

It's a scary time, but at least I'll go down with a smile on my face.
John Lennon

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll go down with a smile on my face.
- ColdInsomnia

Very Happy So the stories are true then? Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the thing is there is plenty of evidence for corrupt politicians , like when they received that 1 million bribe off Bernie to delay the ban on ciggie adverts.

Or when the Indian Steel bloke bribed NL with a couple million to destroy UK jobs,

Most recently Wednesday 12th March, Ed Balls , shouted out so what? (in response to highest tax burden) , he realised his folly , and immediately got the Hansard record changed and denied it totally.

Or the way the scottish corrupt MP Wendy Alexander took multiple bribes of £950 to get under the declaration limit , it wasn't once it was many many times this shows systematic and willful deceit and deception.

Moi as an accountant, I miss £1 in suspicious looking money I lose my cert to practice.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Re: That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inque Reply with quote

Some conspiracy theories are a bit far fetched, but It annoys me a little when people dismiss and ridicule a lot of them. I haven't really thought about this story at all, but I know that the possibility of a government murdering one or a million people is entirely possible. I wouldn't be shocked if the 11/9 theory turned out to be true, but most people simply won't believe that their leaders would kill thousands of their own. Same as I wouldn't be shocked if this dude was murdered.

I don't want to get into a silly 11/9 debate either Razz

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 14 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
The masses have been conditioned by the establishment, with huge help from the press, to call the truth a conspiracy-theory, so it can be treated as a joke and laughed at. Pure genius if you think about it.

The greatest trick The Devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist.

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would of thought it, a chance to agree with Colin1, I need a lie down after that.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:05 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've turned the corner, I talk a lot of sense, its just that a lot of people dont get it Smile.

I think that a lot of politicans can do evil without being corrupt. They think they are doing good, they bend or break the rules because they think its for a good cause.

I think Tony Blair really did think that Saddam Hussein was a potential threat and his control freak nature meant that this potential was unacceptable so it was worth exagerrating dangers to get into a war that really wasnt justifiable. I have more trouble with the fact that even after it was shown that he was wrong about the level of risk and Iraq is far less stable now than it was, he still thinks he did the right thing.

Mr Bush on the hand could be a Dr Evil, but he is more of a blundering idiot who thinks he is powerful enough to do what he wants and it to work, when it really doesnt.

The rendition thing sounds like something dreamt up by idealistic lawyers spotting a loophole whereby they can commiti illegal interrogations on foreign shores. Then because its secret due to supposed threats to national security normal processes of review and checks and balance that would have stopped it, dont happen.

People in power are often very capable individuals but they often overestimate their abilities, and underestimate the consequences of them fucking things up by bad decisions.

Its just a shame that this police chief may have been a good guy, who just cdnt live with being unable to do the right thing.

The fact that he wanted to have the tazer demonstrated on himself does suggest that kind of personal responsibility to me. He knew it would hurt but wanted to show it was a better alternative to firearms.

Whereas the politicians prone to evil actions, fail to see they have done anything wrong, and show not the slightest remorse.

Last edited by colin1 on 08:55 - 15 Mar 2008; edited 1 time in total

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:57 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
History is full of people who have fought oppression from the political class. In today's world, even accusing any politician of corruption makes you a nutjob, regardless of any evidence you can show.

Make no mistake, all politicians are corrupt - every one - from local parish councillors right up to old One-Eye himself.

They may not necessarily start out that way, but the fact is that politics is about making compromises and walking away with the best deal. Like heroin, once you get the first one out of the way, the rest become easier until you can't function without them.

Let's take a far-fetched example, lets say the NF/BNF win a majority and take over as the government in the next election. And, as expected, they gleefully tuck into their agenda of ethnic cleansing and white supremacy. For a couple of months things are going swimmingly - Britain is out of the EU and free from the iron heel of Brussels at long last, the ethics are being "relocated voluntarily" and Things Are Getting Done.

But what's this? The EU Kommissars are placing trade sanctions on brave Brittania and the Commonwealth has agreed to expel Britain and disband and reconvene as the Non-Soverign Alliance. Oh, and place Britain under trade sanctions as well.

Just when things are looking sticky for brave Brittania, the EU and NSA warn that any countries who trade with Britain will face the same sanctions.

So in less than six months, you have GB isolated with no trade to speak of - and let's face it, you can forget the USA bailing us out for old times sake - an economy going down the shitter and the entire country tipping over into violent anarchy. Not the good kind of violent anarchy you see in movies, but the murderous, psychopathic kind that only comes to light five years after Britain ceases to make the international news any more.

Now given that's an entirely fictional, but not entirely improbable future in the event of a one-issue party gaining power, and I never mentioned the global corporations and etablishment elite interfering, exactly how likely is it that even the NF/BNF would fulfil their manifesto promises once it's finally explained to them How Things Really Are?

By the end of week one, they'll be compromising their manifesto.
By the end of week two they'll be compromising their principles*.
By the beginning of week three their morals* will have followed.

In three months, you'll think NuLabour was back as more laws are passed to maintain the status quo and corrupt politicians grab what they can. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

So, kiddies, just remember the prime directives of human nature:

Everyone has their price.

Your particular price is not necessarily what you think it is.

So while you're running around shrieking about secret CIA assassination squads, nazi camp guards, elite establishment scum and droning out the same old "why I oughtta..." blahblahblah, bear in mind:

a. If you're right, there's nothing you can do about it.

and

b. If you're wrong, there's nothing you can do about it.

(*Assuming facts not in evidence.)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2