BCF: Bike Chat Forums

That copper that died on Snowdon? Yeah, he led an inquest

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 08:08 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we could do something about it, but we wont. Its more interest than anything. Trying to work out what's really going on rather than just taking the line which we are supposed to hear.

Sometimes I stay up late and sometimes hear bbc reports before they get moderated. Often when a breaking story comes in, it will just be from the correspondent before an editor decides we cant say that.

Often completely different spin can be put on the same event.

A typical one was several months ago, reports were coming in that american marines took revenge on the local populace after an IED had killed their buddies.

Then this story changed to a house full of insurgents had got killed when marines found the culprits who killed their buddies.

Then a film appeared on the internet by some iraqi of the bodies from the aftermath and they included women and children.

Eventually America admitted that women and children had got killed.

The interesting thing was not that Marines flipped out when their buddies got killed, but that the bbc would intially take a line of truth, and then moderate it so they didnt get criticised, before the truth coming out anyway.

Another angle was the line that muslim fundamentalists who promoted opposition to things that they thought were unjust was classed as 'hatred'. So muslims promoting supporting the palestinians struggle against occupation was actually anti-semitism.

Muslims in a mosque were asked by a bbc radio reporter if they supported the promoting of hatred in their mosque. They eventually agreed that they did not support promoting 'hatred'.

The accusation of promoting hatred, is oddly similar to the term' thought crime' from Orwells 1984.

Im not sure where reporters take these cues from, whether its editors, swallowing whole our governments take on things, or what, but the media is so flawed in presenting a version of the world that reflects reality, its good to try to piece something together yourself.

A lot of things cant be said even if they are believed to be true, as they cant be proven.

Jeffrey Archer successfully sued and won when someone accused him of a crime, that he had done, but claimed he hadnt.

He did get rumbled in the end, but most journalists wont report what they cant prove.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we're using "far fetched examples" I could just as easily write a long-winded example about how once the technology exists for them to survive without our support, the upper classes will kill us all off and keep the entire planet for themselves.

But no, I won't use far fetched examples. God knows what I have to do with white supremacy, either. If you must know, I'm a member of UKIP.

I have no problem with trading with Europe - but don't kid yourself, the EU needs Britain a hell of a lot more than Britain needs the EU. Why do you think Britain pumps so much money in to the EU and gets so little back? Where would all the money hungry immigrants go, if they could not come here? Probably France, and Lord knows the French probably wouldn't put up with an infestation of immigrants on the scale that we have here.

The Commonwealth makes up over 20% of the world's trade, and 40% of the WTO. It includes such powerhouse economies as India. Why politicians assume that we need the EU in order to survive, is beyond me. We already have one of the world's strongest trade groups which makes up a total of over 1.6 billion people - 1/4 of the world's population.

Recently, the same parties that have been swindling us into the EU have been pursuing crazy borrow-fest budgets. Hell, even Darling only a few days ago announced more. In spite of eleven years of tax raises, we are still going to have £20bn more borrowing over the next four years. This government has one thing top of the list on it's agenda: The destruction of the Pound, and the subsequent public outcry to join the Euro.

But we need to look at the bigger picture;

Why are politicians so intent on forcing us into the EU?
Why is the fact that 75% of our laws come from Brussells, unknown to most of the populace in a democratic country?
Why are they so intent on destroying the pound?
Who is actually making money out of the British public?

These are all questions that I cannot answer. But what I can do, is take an educated guess based on what I've seen in history, and what I see happening in recent news. And it does not fare well at all. Politicians are not stupid people, it's their cunning and thirst for power that got them to that position in the first place.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Quote:
I'll go down with a smile on my face.
- ColdInsomnia

Very Happy So the stories are true then? Wink

By the way, I lolled hard Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
If you must know, I'm a member of UKIP.

That explains a lot...

https://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2297799/2/istockphoto_2297799_pile_of_hazelnuts_isolated_on_white.jpg

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:52 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the EU, most of the time things aren't going to go our way, as we are only one member.

I still think we are better off in the EU to some extent for trade reasons and to influence things so we at least get our way some of the time, or can influence policy.

If we werent in the EU, we would still trade with the EU. At least when we are in it, we can influence things.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 15 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With the EU, most of the time things aren't going to go our way, as we are only one member" - Colin

Fair comment.

"I still think we are better off in the EU to some extent for trade reasons and to influence things so we at least get our way some of the time, or can influence policy.
If we werent in the EU, we would still trade with the EU. At least when we are in it, we can influence things."
- Colin

I'll have a glass of whatever he's drinking. Laughing

No offence intended.

Regards

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazza, are you ever actually going to, you know, debate with me instead of just posting cocky pictures with pseudo-intellectual comments?

If you want to play along with the 2 party system that we have, fine, enjoy your police state. America too.

How can this country call itself democratic when anyone who votes outside of labour / conservative is sneered at and ridiculed?
John Lennon

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:10 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Bazza, are you ever actually going to, you know, debate with me instead of just posting cocky pictures with pseudo-intellectual comments?

If you want to play along with the 2 party system that we have, fine, enjoy your police state. America too.

How can this country call itself democratic when anyone who votes outside of labour / conservative is sneered at and ridiculed?

You see any point in debating? I'm not going to change your views; you're not going to change mine.

I find that one-issue political parties tend to attact fanatics, fundamentalists and zealots. Not the types I'd really trust to overthrow the old order and usher in a new Golden Age of Enlightenment.

UKIP have always struck me as being a sort of "BNP Lite". Not so much brownshirts as beige cardigans.

At least you know where you are with simple greed...

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about the only thing that UKIP and the BNP have in common is that both want out of the EU.

Personally, I do not so much want *out* of the EU, I am more very weary of the reasons that politicians seem hellbent on forcing us in to it.

And yes, I do see a point in debating - I make an effort to enter any debate with an open mind and if presented with sufficient evidence I shall never hold any qualms about altering my opinion.

I agree with you that single-issue parties tend to attract nutters. However, I think EU membership is a very significant single-issue - one that needs far more attention that it is getting. And if UKIP were just a pressure group... well I'd bet that we'd already be using the Euro.

What I really like about UKIP though, is it's a libertarian party. They want less government interference in our lives. In today's nanny-state / police-state / big brother Britain, UKIP are in my opinion, possibly our last chance to ever retain some element of a true 'free' nation.

How you compare UKIP to the BNP really just shows how little you actually know about their policies.
John Lennon

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
How you compare UKIP to the BNP really just shows how little you actually know about their policies.

Possibly. It could also show how bad UKIP are at publicising those policies?

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Possibly. It could also show how bad UKIP are at publicising those policies?

They're no worse at publicizing their policies than any other non-mainstream party. Meaning that they're stuck with the publicity that the mainstream media gives them. And I can understand where your 'BNP lite' opinion came from. Before I pursued UKIP's interests for myself and saw a video of Nigel Farage (party leader) talking, I also assumed UKIP to be some sort of 'BNP lite' party. I don't know why. Perhaps it's because I don't wear my tinfoil hat whilst in public.

The UK Independence Party is a mis-leading name though - that issue has been raised within the party and a name-change is being considered so that people realize that there is a lot more to their policies than simply putting an end to foreign rule.
John Lennon

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 16 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

"EU membership costs each family in this country over £60 a week" - Nigel Farage MEP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_of_the_European_Parliament#Costs_and_Privileges

Despite what you read, British MEP's like Nigel Farage earn about £80,000 per year plus expenses. Nigel Farage seems to think that whilst he is working for Europe, he can pull Britain out of Europe becasue he is an MEP. He is either a nutter or a liar, you choose.

Regards

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:02 - 17 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to the topic....

For all those who doubt that there is anything at all strange with his death, do you think he simply, had to much and went for a long walk?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 17 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide by hypothermia is one of the better ways to go, by all accounts.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:38 - 18 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mild hypothermia once, and I didnt find it that great, but i wasnt pissed.

I reckon best way to go would be really quick, with explosives to the head so that you are disintegrated before you feel anything.

Admittedly explosives are a bit difficult to come by.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:41 - 18 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
"EU membership costs each family in this country over £60 a week" - Nigel Farage MEP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_of_the_European_Parliament#Costs_and_Privileges

Despite what you read, British MEP's like Nigel Farage earn about £80,000 per year plus expenses. Nigel Farage seems to think that whilst he is working for Europe, he can pull Britain out of Europe becasue he is an MEP. He is either a nutter or a liar, you choose.

Regards

he's on to a (vote) winner
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2