Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Horse Box...Whatever next ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictured in the Sun

paulcdb
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:08 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Deaths and injuries have SOARED by a third on the region’s roads despite the crackdown by Mr Brunstrom. The force refused to discuss its “tactics”.

hmmm, arrive deprived is working well then Rolling Eyes

Stevie B
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:44 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i got caught by it yesterday just outside Betws-Y-Coed Crying or Very sad

There were definately two coppers in there, just hope they didn't have the gun on me. I wasn't going savagely fast but we shall see i guess.. Mad

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone close by should find them, and ride by at 5mph giving them the finger.

They've only got a Land Rover what are they gonna do lol

phil2alp
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:13 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
Someone close by should find them, and ride by at 5mph giving them the finger.

They've only got a Land Rover what are they gonna do lol

They'd get on the radio and you'd soon have a helicopter and a couple of fast pursuit cars after you. That'd be more money well spent. Rolling Eyes

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a more sensible option would be to lock them in it.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:50 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahah I will give someone 50 quid towards their bail money if they just stop, run up and shut the hatch lol.

NexusDragon
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:50 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7322582.stm

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:02 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS

"parked on a straight 60mph stretch"

not outside a school or fluffy kitten crossing but exactly where they can generate dosh.

How the hell do they justify hiding in a box as making the roads safer?

If that particular bit of road was dangerous stick a big neon sign with flashing laser beams up warning drivers / riders.

How is getting a NIP in the post warning you that the road was dangerous or had a higher accident risk?

Anyone with a horse in Wales please ride it up to the horse box and having fed it a box of laxative chocolates get it to sh1t through the open hatch. Twisted Evil

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44527000/jpg/_44527607_horseback226.jpg

Is it legal to park there?

Surely if you can now get done with just cctv then a photo is just as good, maybe we should all report it to the local traffic wardens Laughing

Green Landrover Discovery CX04 XOZ

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife bought the newspaper last night for that story. Whatever next......

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/FIRE-AT-POLICE-HEADQUARTERS.3934582.jp

I wonder how many people hoped Cumstorm got caught in this fire.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

powelly wrote:
https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44527000/jpg/_44527607_horseback226.jpg

Is it legal to park there?

Surely if you can now get done with just cctv then a photo is just as good, maybe we should all report it to the local traffic wardens Laughing

Green Landrover Discovery CX04 XOZ

That is just begging for a paint-bomb...

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone own a Green Landrover Discovery, but just imagine you did and you happen to mistakenly put the plate CX04 XOZ on it and then go ragging it about North Wales Laughing

Stelmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw a stinkbomb through the hatch Thumbs Up

No wonder accidents have risen. It's making more car drivers stare at the speedo and the roadside more than the road itself.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always do a mass go slow day. Five bikes at a time going 10 mph under the speed limit in and around North Wales. Perhaps contact the Police and report any crime from graffiti to dog mess on the path, should block the phones up to. ( note not 999 number). Every time you see a police cuntstible stop him and ask him the time/ directions or what ever. Really make ourselves a pain in the ass for using the police and ALL their services. Imagine if every biker stopped every policeman on just one day in Wales and asked them the time. talk about being pised off and stressed. Passive protest FTW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 03:31 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, the idea about a hidden numberplate day makes good sense Thumbs Up But it would have to be en-masse. Although if you came off you'd be fucked.

What concerns me about this idea is twofold;

A) you can actually see through that box, which means they can swivvle it around. You come bombing up from the front, they clock you and spin it round for you number.

B) Rideouts. If you're on your own and suddenly remember horsebox = ban you can slam on full punt. If you happen to be leading a hoon, clock it you have to slam on and hope your wingmen are half awake. Not good Jim
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last few times I went out on a sportsbike (mates GSXR) I took the plate off. Reason was that I had no tax. I had both an MOT and insurance, but no tax.

My rationale was that if I had the plate on, ANPR woudl pick this up, and I would be busted. If I have no plate, the cops would still want to stop me, but would be unable to identify the bike. Since the chances of escape from coppers is very high (and since there is hardly any of them on the roads anyway, the chances of detection are very low), sack the plate off and ride how you like.

I think if I was staying here, I would certainly be modifying the plate carrier to include a hinged mechanism to hide the plate under spirited riding conditions.

If the camera/policing issue is similar in Oz, then I will be doing it there too.

LuckyDip23
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:45 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this on visordown - hopefully should stop brunstrom using shitty tricks like this.

https://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/brunstrom_accused_of_road_traffic_fanaticism/4345.html

phil2alp
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:01 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

404_NotFound wrote:
Just seen this on visordown - hopefully should stop brunstrom using shitty tricks like this.

https://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/brunstrom_accused_of_road_traffic_fanaticism/4345.html

I'm not so sure. Brunstrom seems like a law unto himself and untouchable. He just says "if it saves one life.......", "public safety is our priority.............", blah, blah, blah, etc, etc. Sad Mad

paulcdb
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:41 - 20 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

404_NotFound wrote:

yeah right, that twerp thinks all drugs should be legalised and its perfectly fine for his family to speed! Rolling Eyes

Police have pretty much lost all respect.

Jimbondo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:44 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to be the bad guy here but if you get caught speeding you clearly have no road sense.

There are signs prior to the cameras that give you the speed LIMIT.
There are signs prior to the cameras that tell you there are cameras around.
Not only this but they allow what? 10% plus some other figure.

If you fail to notice the first 2 and are doing over 30 and your argument is that you dont think its fair because you wer'nt doing that much over you shouldnt be on the road. Why? Miraculously, you've been caught out dispite all these warnings. Does this not prove you don't pay enough attention to the road?

We dont all stick to the speed limit lets face it, but if you manage to get caught you obviously were not paying attention to your surroundings.

I agree that there should be sufficient warnings though and i agree that these cameras are only in place to make a bit of dollar. The least they could do with their new found pocket money however should be to put it back into the country and provide firearms to eliminate the biggest problem in the UK.......chavs.
Thats my view anyway, im entitled to it. Peace out! Cool

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:08 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:11 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
Don't want to be the bad guy here but if you get caught speeding you clearly have no road sense.

There are signs prior to the cameras that give you the speed LIMIT.
There are signs prior to the cameras that tell you there are cameras around.
Not only this but they allow what? 10% plus some other figure.

If you fail to notice the first 2 and are doing over 30 and your argument is that you dont think its fair because you wer'nt doing that much over you shouldnt be on the road. Why? Miraculously, you've been caught out dispite all these warnings. Does this not prove you don't pay enough attention to the road?

Not sure what it's like around you, but here they often don't have signs up where camera vans are.
What they /do/ have is a lot of signs where there are no cameras at all. We also see Gatso-markings on the road appearing where there are no Gatsos.
The suggestion, of course, is that they don't want people to be easily aware of camera locations.

Paying attention to stationary vans at the side of the road as well as yellow and grey boxes is mostly useful for avoiding getting 'done'; and in some cases people doing this have caused accidents to happen; concentrating on the boxes and speedo, rather than the road ahead, which they should be looking at.

Jimbondo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:21 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but its those that constantly look at their speedo whilst going through that cause the accidents and this is normally the case for those accelerating and braking in between rather than sticking to the speed.
In my opinion refresher courses should be compulsory for drivers of all vehicles. It may just make them concentrate better for a few days before and after by 'practising' for the course but those few extra days for each driver could potentially save lives.

That or make pedestrians wear 'gatso' fancy dress costumes. Brakes on!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:31 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
I understand that but its those that constantly look at their speedo whilst going through that cause the accidents and this is normally the case for those accelerating and braking in between rather than sticking to the speed.

Are you actually reading this drivel before posting it?

People look at their speedos constantly BECAUSE they fear police. I couldn't give a shit, and ride to the conditions. Which means the speedo is there out of interest.

You should see the quality of driving in those average speed zones of motorways, its horrific.

We don't want people fucking about with mobiles or radios, yet we basically encourage them to stare at the speedo constantly.

Under speed limit - Hazard
Over speed limit - Hazard
Bang on by staring at the speedo like a pothead watching Futurama.... - Perfectly safe

Fuck that bullshit.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3