BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Horse Box...Whatever next ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jimbondo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:39 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conditions are bullshit when a child runs out into the road right in front of you.
If you hit the child at 40 because you thought 'oh the conditions are great today', do you think they child has a better chance of survival than when you hit it at 20?
They are there for a reason, not as a guide for when you think you can drive better one day than another.

At the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame. They are there as an attempt to stop speeding.
If we didnt speed in the first place we wouldnt have them.
You shouldnt need to speed anyway, you're in a car or on a bike, you're gonna get somewhere faster at 10mph using transportation than you are walking and without getting knackered. Maybe thats another problem. Get rid of cars, we would'nt have so many fat bastards around.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:44 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
Conditions are bullshit when a child runs out into the road right in front of you.
If you hit the child at 40 because you thought 'oh the conditions are great today', do you think they child has a better chance of survival than when you hit it at 20?
They are there for a reason, not as a guide for when you think you can drive better one day than another.

At the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame. They are there as an attempt to stop speeding.
You shouldnt need to speed anyway, you're in a car or on a bike, you're gonna get somewhere faster at 10mph using transportation than you are walking and without getting knackered. Maybe thats another problem. Get rid of cars, we would'nt have so many fat bastards around.

I quote another recent post of mine;

bonny_ricardo wrote:

Bleat fucking bleat.

Go back to your flock sunshine

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Flock_of_sheep.jpg

From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jimbondo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:51 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why politicians don't listen to what people want because its immature crap.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 19:01 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
Don't want to be the bad guy here but if you get caught speeding you clearly have no road sense.

Blow it out your ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:23 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:

That is a part of the 'conditions' - are there parked cars children might run out from behind and many other factors. It's still easy to kill a kid going 20 if hit them - not helped if you're paying less attention to your environment due to an unreasonably low limit imposed.

What would be much, much better however would be to teach children not to run out - those that don't learn must remain under their parents control.
The green cross code is there for a reason, not for when a kid thinks they can cross the road better than another! Smile

Speed limits are there to try and work on a 'lowest common denominator' - because some road users are worse than others.

Quote:
You shouldnt need to speed anyway, you're in a car or on a bike, you're gonna get somewhere faster at 10mph using transportation than you are walking and without getting knackered.

Some people enjoy riding their bikes and driving their cars for more than just transportation. Many of those can drive a lot more safely than many of the people that mostly stick to speed limits.

You shouldn't /need/ to own a motorbike, indeed, or post on an internet forum, or eat anything bar basic subsistence.

As for 'ourselves to blame'; not sure if it's Gatsos or speed limits you mean, but either way it's been well shown that the correlations to safety are often pretty tenuous.

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondp you clearly have a 50cc mo ped. Try not getting caught on a 1000cc everything is a fuzzy blur apart from the road ahead!

This is immature but you sound like a compleat wanker!

"Lets just ban/restrict everything because someone could die" Sick
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
We dont all stick to the speed limit lets face it, but if you manage to get caught you obviously were not paying attention to your surroundings.

Yeah because the f*ckers never hide do they Rolling Eyes

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbondo wrote:
If you hit the child at 40

https://www.ochainn.ath.cx/pix/safetynazi2.jpg

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:39 - 01 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this 'Jimbo' guy for real, or is it just someone here trolling under a different name?

scootabk
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 02 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/scoota_bk/horsebox.jpg

If I saw that parked up there I'd be very tempted to park my van right behind it (so they couldnae see out) Twisted Evil

Also I have my doubts whether the trailer meets the standards of the roads vehicle lighting regulations, 1989, regarging numberplate illumination Shifty
You'd get pulled and charged for that round here Police

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:24 - 02 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to be so up in arms when someone molotovs the cunt
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 02 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

You called? Wink
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:15 - 02 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:

You called? Wink

Yep. We'll fill you with oil, set you on fire then throw you in there. That'll learn em!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 04 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we have speed limits due to some having no common sense on appropriate speed. Unfortunately too that government now look at it as a cash cow with the drivel that speed kills. Inappropriate speed kills. If the "safety cameras" were there for safety then there would be more warnings on the hazard and the camera would only be there for those too stupid to see the dangers. but you don't see cameras on tight bends outside schools in pedestrianised areas or the like. you see them where judgement can be used to the pace you can set yourself for the prevailing conditions. Open straight dual carriageways that were national speed limits are now 60 mph or even 50mph with a camera in place. but there are no cameras outside any schools with a 20 mph limit and zero tolerance.
I would rather see someone being done for inappropriate speed than just the blanket speeding.

andy b
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 25 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i when't to oz a few years ago speed cameras were marked with count down markers and sighs were only put up where cameras are.

kal9001
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:32 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most roads marked with any given speedlimit are marked for people with reactiosn times simmaler to watching a 90 year old woman playing a 1st person shooter in the mongolian wilderness trying to shoot at you while playing on a 64/64 server hosted by someone on AOL's 256kb service.

Really...its not just case I ride a bike, I can go out in the car and VERY easily take the roads 10-20-30mph above the limit. the roads themselves are safe for much higher speeds unless your the old lady depicted above, driving a 35 year old car thats never been serviced or a complete and utter twat wanker driver.

Speeders arent the ones that need their licence taking away, its the pillocks who dont know what their mirrors are for, who never used the stick on their steering wheel that tell people which direction you intend to go...people who drive acorss two lanes, swerve between two lanes, sit there in a trafic jam holding the car on the cluch (WTF DO YOU THNK YOUR HANDBRAKE IS FOR YOU FUCKING NOB - sorry thats just my pet hate)

The point is that you cant over generalise this thing and say that if you speed your a toser, cause as others have said there are FAR FAR more dangerous things you could be doing yet very little effort is made to deter people from this, How many people do you still see using mobiles. even though that is PROVEN to affect your driving ability.

If you got some independant to look into road trafic accidents that have been atributed to speed, I wander how many of them had other factors, such as a poorley maintained vehicle, the driver wasnt driving fast, he was rushing (theres a differance) or some other contributer, but they look at the skid marks and say oh he was doing 60 in a 40 must have been that.

As for children running out...maybe spend some money on teaching children road safety, Introduce a j-walking law to give road users right of way over pedestrians.

When I was at achool the number of times stop-look-listen was crammed down my throat...these days you see kids intentionally crossing when a car is coming to luagh at them when they have to stop, or they will be fucking about on the pavement and pushing eachother into the road.

Drivers are getting blamed for everythig and we are constantley getting pushed more and more, they are lowering speedlimits in NSL znoes to 40's for no aparent reason. 40's to 20's just cause theres an estate within 2 miles...

Your right I guess. it is our fault. as a whole for drivving like such fucking bellends they have to treat us all like babys. speaking as a whole. And I dont defend bickers in that staement ether, theres a fair few dickhead bickers around aswell.

the point is I guess like any job or task, If you enjoy doing it, you wil do it better. I enjoy driving, I enjoy the speed and knowing that for the most part I am in full control and aware of my surroundings, I know on many a time where Ive spotted something and taken myself out of danger, and then 10 yards down a car pulls out from a blind corner without looking, And you see them look right at you after theyve done it and you know he or she is thinking "Good job that guy was in the other lane or id have hit him" Yea too right you would thats why I moved tard.

and this is all too frequent, I recieved a leaflet from the honda breakdown assistance people advising people to take the IAM or RoSPA advanced tests (which I was planning anyway) and it says stuff like :-

Do you often get caught out by other peoples bad driving.

Do you find yourself haveing close calls as other road users dont see you...

ect...

and afer a few pore points says casually that you yourself may be to blame, if you dont pay attention then how can you avoid other peoples mistakes. I havent ever been in a near miss, Ive had 1 accident envolving annother road user, that was 3 weeks after I got my scooter, I speed and sometimes I speed ALOT, but at all times I am aware of whats going on around me and if at any time I feel things will change I slow down to a speed where >>> I <<< feel safe, not what some suit puts on a speed sign.
this is in opposition to those who drive at 40 mph...everywhere all the time, 40 in 30 zones, 40 in 60 zones...and they dont have a car ein the world, You could ride along side there open window and slap them in the face I doubt they would notice.

Damn I rant alot :-S Sorry for annother one guys, Theres some valid points there if you acctually fancy reading it. Maybe me and jeremy clakson would get on pretty well he seems to go off on one aswell Razz

Oh last point. Heres some advice fo the govenment, if you wanna make money, hide all the cameras, and stop giving points when your done by one. then everyone will relax as their licences arent under threat.
You will probably notice a two fold benefit from that. 1st increced revenue, People wont be as botherd any more and speed more, get caught more and thus pay more in fines. Like a fast drivers tax, you pay more for the provelidge of going faster. 2nd as people will stop speedo watching, you also wont have little pockets of slow moving trafic (where the camera is) so road accidents would probably be rediced overall.

Sorry if anyone is offended by the tard comment, but it really is the only way to describe some of the bafoons who they let drive these days as I doubt some of them are mentaly able opperate a toaster let alone a motor car. I use that word purely as a figure of speach and would not want to offend any retarted or otherwise disabled people by suggesting they are the same level as the average road user.

[./rant]

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:00 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAL9000 wrote:

If you got some independant to look into road trafic accidents that have been atributed to speed

In <5% of accidents excessive speed was a contributing factor.

Driver inattention is the biggest killer IIRC.

Sarge-Devil
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem about police is if they can't catch you for your £60 fine by police car (followed by the horsebox) is the chopper is called out.

The next thing will be every vehical will be fitted with a tamperproof tracking device...and they just catch you via GPS and flick your engine off if thought to be speeding.

The best bet is always the radar detector...
Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3