Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bennetts Lick Balls

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:39 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Bennetts Lick Balls Reply with quote

Well, I just rang them with a hypothetical VFR800 to see how much it was gonna cost me to upgrade my current policy (runs out end of May) before fucking off to H&R or someone nice.

Apparently, even though my policy is actually underwritten by Honda, they wont upgrade it cos is only covers groups 1-15 and the VFR is outside that (what the fuck? I thought it was a 14 or a 15 at most).

So... unless i cancel my policy and start again, putting me back to 2 years NCB again* I cant change my bike. And I'm not prepared to do that, so I'm just gonna stick where I am until May Smile

Not that big a deal... stick with ol' faithful while the weather's still iffy, then plenty time to find a mint one in time for the proper summer. But if you're thinking of using Bennetts you might wanna ask them about this *before* you sign up if you're gonna get on the upgrade path.

* I had my scooter insurance with Bennetts and the same thing happened - dropped 6 months NCB cos I couldnt upgrade. Made more sense that time, scoot policy to bike policy, fair enough.

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 12:54 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that the VFR was group 14 too. Strange Confused

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 12:58 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh VFR800 should be group 14-15. With them my VFR4 is only group 10, and group 16+ is really heading into blade territory.
cheeky company. altho i've never had any trouble with them.

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my mcn bike mart mag VFR800 are group 14.
Ring up and kick there butts abouts it

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:16 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different underwriters class bikes in different groups apparently. The beauty of this one is..... it's actually Honda insurance Rolling Eyes

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:50 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Re: Bennetts Lick Balls Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
Apparently, even though my policy is actually underwritten by Honda, they wont upgrade it cos is only covers groups 1-15 and the VFR is outside that (what the fuck? I thought it was a 14 or a 15 at most).

Maybe they are just trying to protect you from the looks of the new VFR Laughing

It does sound a bit crazy, and a VFR is hardly the quickest bike that Honda make. It isnt an age thing is it?

All the best

Keith

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:53 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, cos I'm old and wizened. Very Happy

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:05 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thought you were 24? Just thought it might be a restriction for those under 25 / 28

All the best

OAP

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 14:15 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, 25.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 15:26 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

bendy if its honda they should be...sympathetic....LET SOME INSULTS FLY!!! threaten to take your money to suzuki...there soon come around Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1