Pete Docherty Jailed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

I agree somewhat in what you are saying, supply and demand being the main gist, but what some may say is that the demand is there because of the likes of Docherty.

Yeah I understand what you are saying.....people didnt want smack before pete doherty, its all his fault because he takes smack that he can afford by the way, and the papers take pictures of him.

So if that didnt happen there would be no smack?

Shouldn't the papers be getting a battering for reporting it? If they didn't then we wouldn't know about it and everyone could all go back to not taking smack.

That notion is ridiculous, smack was out and used by many many smack heads before pete doherty got famous.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:
Skudd wrote:

I agree somewhat in what you are saying, supply and demand being the main gist, but what some may say is that the demand is there because of the likes of Docherty.

Yeah I understand what you are saying.....people didnt want smack before pete doherty, its all his fault because he takes smack that he can afford by the way, and the papers take pictures of him.

So if that didnt happen there would be no smack?

Shouldn't the papers be getting a battering for reporting it? If they didn't then we wouldn't know about it and everyone could all go back to not taking smack.

That notion is ridiculous, smack was out and used by many many smack heads before pete doherty got famous.

The likes of Docherty. Drugs have been taken since time began, however, there are alot of people who copy "celebs" and do things that they would not normally do. Look at tattoos, they have been around since, well since a long time, but the new wave of tattoos are copied from "celebs" just look at the Barbed Wire tattoo after, whats her name........... can't remember, but she played the lead role in Barbed Wire...... Pamela Anderson? The amount of people getting that style done shot up after the film, just like the celeb thing on BMWs riding around, more BMWs were sold. So in some ways you are correct in saying that some people would do drugs no matter what, but others only do it because they see the " celebs" do it.
I know you want to defend drug taking, but you could look at why some people take it and if that is the right reason to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folk with small cocks and extra large fannies take drugs.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:27 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a small cock and a huge vagina, I'd probably need something to take my mind off the horror too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weemo2007
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:13 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
If I had a small cock and a huge vagina, I'd probably need something to take my mind off the horror too!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Karma Karma

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:17 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for me, I've only got the small cock........Confused

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 14 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fucking ridiculous...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1036876.ece

See thats exactly what I said would happen, the juditional system is a joke!
/remembers that I was once let off very lightly by the young magistrates court Embarassed . /Scuttles of and hides in corner Laughing

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat Doc is a Fu**ing Legend!

Yes he can be a bit of a twat sometimes but know one would have given a shit if he had never gone out with Kate Moss! She just bought him right into the limelight.

His music is amazing and will live on for years and years to come!

The Libertines started the snowball of all these Indy bands witch have appeared in the last 10 years and know one has come close to them.

For me they are one of the top 5 bands of all time. Rolling Stones being number 1!
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAMSXR wrote:

The Libertines started the snowball of all these Indy bands witch have appeared in the last 10 years and know one has come close to them.

No they didn't. They jumped on a bandwagon started by the likes of The Smiths, The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays etc.

Indy has been around for a hell of a lot longer than the Libertines. It has evolved over several decades to become the vibrant music genre we have today so to credit one extraordinarily average band with inventing it is naive at best and total tosh.

Before Punk, all records were made and distributed by the big companies and their subsidiaries. The post punk era saw a steady rise in the number of independent labels and bands who would not normally have been signed by the big boys. This is Indy, not the Libertines and the current crop of bands. There are far better bands than them around who never got the recognition the deserved even with hard work, constant gigging and self promotion.

Pete Docherty is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the music business and the publicity machine that drives it on.

snigger..... Very Happy

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
JAMSXR wrote:

No they didn't. They jumped on a bandwagon started by the likes of The Smiths, The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays etc.

Indy has been around for a hell of a lot longer than the Libertines. It has evolved over several decades to become the vibrant music genre we have today so to credit one extraordinarily average band with inventing it is naive at best and total tosh.

Before Punk, all records were made and distributed by the big companies and their subsidiaries. The post punk era saw a steady rise in the number of independent labels and bands who would not normally have been signed by the big boys. This is Indy, not the Libertines and the current crop of bands. There are far better bands than them around who never got the recognition the deserved even with hard work, constant gigging and self promotion.

Pete Docherty is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the music business and the publicity machine that drives it on.

The Libertines are amazing! I see you point the Libertines have taken influences from bands like The Jam and The Specials (Who i rate just as highly). But their is know one who sounds like them! Music is all about being influenced from things you hear. Since The Libertines started you cant move for new Indy bands.

Try listening to one of their albums the whole way through its pure musical brilliance!

And allot of those bands do get recognition from people who know music, but not from those main stream wankers on the Radio and TV.
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 17 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAMSXR wrote:

Try listening to one of their albums the whole way through its pure musical brilliance!

I have both their Studio Albums. Up the Bracket was ok but the self titled second album really did show the cracks in the band and it could have been so much better had Docherty not been totally focused on snorting and injecting as much drugs as he could get his hands on. He destroyed that band just when they could have had the world at their feet.

I was never particularly a fan, I acquired the albums through my DJ contacts. They were nowt special.

snigger..... Very Happy

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 17 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They were nowt special.

In your opinion...

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 17 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My professional opinion. Thumbs Up

snigger..... Very Happy

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
My professional opinion. Thumbs Up

Laughing

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:05 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
I have both their Studio Albums. Up the Bracket was ok but the self titled second album really did show the cracks in the band and it could have been so much better had Docherty not been totally focused on snorting and injecting as much drugs as he could get his hands on. He destroyed that band just when they could have had the world at their feet.

You might know about a bit about strumming and drumming, but you haven't got a clue how more'ish skag is.

So be quiet. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 20 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having personally seen two people very close to me go through the horrors of Heroin withdrawal, I suggest that it is you who should be quiet.

snigger..... Very Happy

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:06 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
Having personally seen two people very close to me go through the horrors of Heroin withdrawal, I suggest that it is you who should be quiet.

Think you missed the point of my post completly as i pretty much said what you've just tried to point out. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 11:16 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually u said he didnt have a clue on how more-ish skag is when it sounds like he may do

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the point of Killa's comment, I merely felt I had to tell him to shut up as he gets all upset when he feels that folks are ignoring him. Wink

snigger..... Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2