Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Banksy's new graffiti piece..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 17 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I remember giving it large when my licence was revoked, 58 in a 50 zone. I was caught by a mobile camera which was sneaked behind a few trees on a dual carriageway. I’m not sure what I was more annoyed with, but two things really, 1, the camera was possibly inaccurate, meaning I lost my licence for nothing and 2, it was only 8mph over and I couldn’t see the bloody thing. I got the letter in post, my licence was revoked, through post.
Posted on BCF, the general consensus was ‘you broke the law, get over it’. So is this due to us being brainwashed by the government so we feel it’s wrong? Or should we just think, if we break the law, expect penalties?

We should just think not to bend over for stupid laws when there is evidence to suggest that they do nothing other than penalise an otherwise innocent citizen.

You've highlighted an interesting point, ‘you broke the law, get over it’. It's this attitude that let's those cvnts that run the show get away with this seemingly never ending ban culture crap.

Quote:
So you’re on the system with ID and stuff (no DNA because you haven’t commit offences), you’re a law abiding citizen but one night you throw your kebab and box at some idiot in the street and get a letter the next day saying you littered. Isn’t that just law?

If you deliberately did something like that then fair enough, you fvcked up but let's say you pull your phone out of your pocket and a cigarette butt or a bit of paper falls out without your knowledge but the camera didn't miss it. Is the £75 fine fair? (Failure to comply or instead of a fixed penalty being offered, can result in a prosecution and fine up to £2500.) £75 is extortionate in itself but that's a different rant.

Quote:
Is 9/11 to be compared with a street stabbing? I’m not sure.
I think I’m unlikely to stab someone in the street, but if someone stabbed me, what I’d hope for is a CCTV camera that is able to recognise a face in less than a second and have the pri*k in custody before he can say ‘I got fokin reeboks innit mush’

9/11 was just an example of CCTV not being used appropriately in favour of suspected criminals.

CCTV didn't stop you getting stabbed and you better hope that the assailant didn't have the sense to cover their face before committing the crime, rendering the tape useless.

More physical police patrolling could have prevented it but seeing more police will make me just as uncomfortable because of my fear of being prosecuted for my lifestyle choice even though the harm I cause is to no one other than myself.

Quote:
I’ve been caught with a drink in a no drinking zone. Copper took it off me, and disposed of it, I didn’t give him any jip.
As for carrying drugs around with you, it’s breaking the law and you know it, but 9 times out of 10 no ones going to search you.

The law is wrong and I have absolutely no respect for it. All it takes is to be searched once and the grief begins. How long will it be before random on the street searching becomes commonplace and acceptable?

I don't mind the idea behind simple CCTV but I have no faith that it is used correctly and that justice will be served appropriately.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:28 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
We should just think not to bend over for stupid laws when there is evidence to suggest that they do nothing other than penalise an otherwise innocent citizen.

You've highlighted an interesting point, ‘you broke the law, get over it’. It's this attitude that let's those cvnts that run the show get away with this seemingly never ending ban culture crap.

To be fair, these odd ball penalties, for example Hetzers Dave the dolphin fiasco had nothing to do with CCTV and it is very rare that it would happen. You can fight the law, especially if you get others on side that the case is ridiculous. Like the time I had my beer confiscated by the cops, I’d be very surprised if a CCTV camera could pick up a fag butt the moment it falls from my pocket and then you would need to prove, 1. That is was defiantly me and 2. That it was indeed litter.

Take petty crime for example in your area.
Before CCTV the kids vandalise your hedge, you call the police, they see the hedge and no kids. Nothings done. Much to the annoyance of many people I’ve spoken to (not just about hedges.lol)
CCTV’s introduced in your area and this picks up some kids vandalising your hedge, there’s two ways it can go, the kid in the stripy hoody is seen when the cops go out on patrol 10 minutes later and gets taken in. Or they don’t find them that time, only for the CCTV to catch them later.
What the problem is with this scenario is the penalties afterwards for the kids. It doesn’t deter them.

I know it all seems a bit finicky but it was not much bother too me about the beer for example, I was breaking a law that’s been around for sometime and the coppers attitude wasn’t TAZE HIM TAZE HIM!
I know the CCTV evolution could bring some odd fines, but generally the aim is to use them against all those random crimes that people constantly moan about.

SoND wrote:
If you deliberately did something like that then fair enough, you fvcked up but let's say you pull your phone out of your pocket and a cigarette butt or a bit of paper falls out without your knowledge but the camera didn't miss it. Is the £75 fine fair? (Failure to comply or instead of a fixed penalty being offered, can result in a prosecution and fine up to £2500.) £75 is extortionate in itself but that's a different rant.

I’ve been around long enough now to know that even when a cop see’s you lob a fag butt on the street, it’s rare they do anything. But bravo to the cop who does something I guess, as you should really look for a bin.
Anyway, what I think some of the replies are heading towards on this thread is like an automated system to fine people, the way to stop this is not pay. The new legislation and penalty would be announced, the first person who receives a letter, should not pay. Once people start paying, that’s when it’s ok to continue. I’d like to think the public would ignore these fines on mass.

SoND wrote:
More physical police patrolling could have prevented it but seeing more police will make me just as uncomfortable because of my fear of being prosecuted for my lifestyle choice even though the harm I cause is to no one other than myself.

I know what you’re saying, I’d like to see armed police on horse back in the roughest areas of Birmingham for example, talking to the public, showing off to the kids etc. Its simple things like that which changes the attitudes of an area, not just more police or really arrogant whacky officers. Especially if it’s implemented properly.

SoND wrote:
I don't mind the idea behind simple CCTV but I have no faith that it is used correctly and that justice will be served appropriately.

My answer would be, when the hell has it been dealt out fairly?
But I know I run the risk of saying I bend over for the government and should be ashamed.
I’m not ashamed I’m dealing with the real world and doing my best at ignoring the bullshit.

Shit happens.
Razz Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoko
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:11 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

powelly wrote:
Yoko wrote:

There was a time when only the government could look down using spy satellites. Now I can do that on msn and google

You know that's not live don't you? Laughing

LOL yea of course Razz but I should imagine the government can access live images if they wish... Who knows!!

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did work experience in the police and went to the CCTV control room, they honestly don't give a toss what your doing unless it's illegal. And the answer to that is don't do illegal stuff (where they can see) Wink

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 20:36 - 18 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, fucking listen to you indoctrinated saps. It's only a problem to criminals, if you're not committing a crime why worry.

Bleat fucking bleat.

Ok, a few reality checks for the pig ignorant.

A) Any system, once in place, gets abused by all sides. NHS, DSS, DVLA, VAT... All started out admirably or from necessity... then they got bastardised to use by degenerates and the govt.

Have a fucking look, tell me how any of the short sighted systems they've put in place haven't become detrimental to the average joe after 10+ years.

B) My point about abuse by degenerates. How can degenerates abuse CCTV?
Well. I'm speaking purely from the numerous older mates of mine about what things used to be like. But you were a cunt to someone in a pub, you got your teeth put down your throat.
Kids never caused trouble because they'd get a slap. Admittedly the parents never used to blindly support them, but still.

Nowadays, most pubs have CCTV, let alone the actual roads and stuff. So what happens, spineless degenerates get away with being complete cunts. If they get nicked, they're usually unemployed crack heads with previous records, so they get no hassle.
You, the law abiding citizen, get a bit too much agro one night and lump them. Candid camera moment, ching-ching, criminal record for the easy target.

Likewise, how many times has it helped YOU personally. Someone ran over your bike, knocked you off in the highstreet, beat you up in an mindless attack? No, its not admissable.

Also the greatly missed point, just like motoring offences. The /really/ dodgy people take precautions to counter the system. They never catch a speeder running around in a stolen car with no licence... Lets look at all the minky taxi drivers eh?
With CCTV, you want to rob a place, you were a fucking cap or hoodie and keep your head down. Bosh, completely useless evidence.
You and I? We just happen to be going abit fast in a fully legal and safe vehicle, bosh, slapped with a fine.
We are in a pub, having a nice night of it, some filth keeps trying to make a mug out of you. Eventually you slap them, oh your nicked son.
These weak twats are the first to go to the police when it doesn't go there way, and back in the day nobody saw anything. Case over. Now... ?
So in my book, CCTV has created the very lawlessness it sought to remove. It simply gives a different type of impunity to those with no fear of conviction.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 19 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bonny Ricardo said

Oh dear

https://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article3776150.ece

precis Military surveillance drones to be used on civilians...
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3