Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Red Ken a lying s***?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:27 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Red Ken a lying s***?! Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=47

Nasty Red Ken the newt-lover wrote:

"So much of the American experience of directly elected mayors shows it gets progressively more difficult to defeat a well-dug-in incumbent who has been able to establish extensive systems of patronage.

"As recent experience in Paris also shows, corruption tends to flourish the longer an incumbent is able to hold onto power.

"In a city that changes as rapidly as London it is hard to believe that a mayor who has served two terms will have the freshness of approach that is required to stay abreast of such a dynamic city. I therefore recommend that no mayor should serve more than two terms.

"If I am lucky enough to be elected as London’s first mayor and bearing in mind that I have already served 5 years as leader of the GLC, I would not seek to serve more than one term."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lying pig who's had a good long taste of the trough and will do anything to keep his snout buried in it.

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Livingstone has been telling lies for years and nothing will ever stop him from doing it.

snigger..... Very Happy

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:36 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure he has lied about far worse things than how long he intends to stay in office

with something like that, people would change their minds once they are doing the job anyway

mister james, how long will you stay in your job ? (once you say, you are not allowed to change your mind in the future)

He could be right about incumbents digging in though, and maybe thats what he now intends to do

I just hope he remembers to try to route out some of the corruption that he thinks would be rife under a long serving mayor.

He pledged not to run as an independent if he didnt get the labour nomination to be mayor, and of course he did.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 05:38 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
im sure he has lied about far worse things than how long he intends to stay in office

with something like that, people would change their minds once they are doing the job anyway

mister james, how long will you stay in your job ? (once you say, you are not allowed to change your mind in the future)

If I were to state a time limit, and make it a point of principle, you'd be quite right to attack me for breaking it.

As it happens, I intend to stay in my job for another 6 shifts.

Quote:

He could be right about incumbents digging in though, and maybe thats what he now intends to do

Maybe?!

He said he wouldn't seek a second term - and he's currently trying to be elected for a third!!!

Quote:

I just hope he remembers to try to route out some of the corruption that he thinks would be rife under a long serving mayor.

It's 'root' - although 'route' is probably quite accurate, as he is very good at routing funds to corrupt individuals and organisations - as long as they are left-wing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 12:52 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

it still surprises me that the best opposition the tories can come up with is boris johnson who comes across as a bumbling idiot

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:56 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumbling idiot who doesn't like the bendy buses Thumbs Up

That makes him a better prospect than ken, just.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't like bendy-buses, Muslim fundamentalists, London being linked with bizzare left-wing South American governments, or those annoying "Red Ken is spending your money much better than you ever would" posters on public transport.

He does like motorcycles using bus lanes. For that alone I'd vote for him.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
it still surprises me that the best opposition the tories can come up with is boris johnson who comes across as a bumbling idiot

From you that can only be considered a compliment.

He might just have a brain what with being the editor of the Spectator was it?

Last edited by sickpup on 22:37 - 27 Apr 2008; edited 1 time in total

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris is brilliant. he puts his foot in it so many times that it can only be honesty. He appeards to be a genuin guy. His father was the same. His heart is in the right place and he can laugh at himself and lets others laugh at him without recourse.
As for Ken "the drunk" Livingstone. a rabid dog in wolves clothing.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:07 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
colin1 wrote:

Boris almost certainly exaggerates and plays on his 'bumbling buffoon' persona - it's obvious when you actually listen to him or read his articles that he's fearsomely intelligent. Ken doesn't come across as particularly intelligent - my Dad's met him in a business context and wasn't too impressed, and Paddick is a Lib Dem - 'nuff said!

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Boris is brilliant. he puts his foot in it so many times that it can only be honesty. He appeards to be a genuin guy. His father was the same. His heart is in the right place and he can laugh at himself and lets others laugh at him without recourse.

Jesus, that's the third post of yours I considered intelligent and spot-on this month. Somebody introduced you to acid, or did you fall on your head? Laughing

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

Jesus, that's the third post of yours I considered intelligent and spot-on this month. Somebody introduced you to acid, or did you fall on your head? Laughing

Hetzer - your refreshing (Boris-style) honesty about the sources of your 'inspiration' is most impressive, and demonstrates excellent self-awareness!

Wink

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Three posts? I must be slipping. Wink

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 14:57 - 03 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, and finally... Boris it is then. I wasn't about to stay up last night to find out the result, it's pleasing though, about as pleasing as such a thing could be anyway. He was rather generous to Ken, but I suppose thats just the way these people operate Rolling Eyes

One bad point, Boris is my local MP, so I assume we are going to have to elect some other muppet for Henley then?
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 16:23 - 03 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I doubt they'll be as colourful as Bozza - but I'm sure he'll still pop by from time to time!

I honestly think he'll be a breath of fresh air - and he'll have the full backing of the Tories, because this is their big chance to show that they actually stand a chance of being a half-decent government.

Anything will be an improvement on Old New Labour - and even if Boris or the Tories turn out to be an utter disaster, it was worth it to see Labour crushed this week - the arrogant shites.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:48 - 04 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
colin1 wrote:

I've no doubt he is academically clever, but sometimes people like that are focused on detail and dont see the big picture, or are more interested in entertaining ideas rather than what matters.

In the past he has often said things that are amusing knowing they are offensive.

I think the tories will try to keep him disciplined and focused and try to stop him being silly.

To be honest I would agree, and say I am a bit like that in some ways.

I wouldnt vote for me as mayor of london, but u never know it could work.

In reality, London hasnt chosen Boris, they have chosen not to have ken and the labour party.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 11:12 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
In reality, London hasnt chosen Boris, they have chosen not to have ken and the labour party.

Not sure. Thinks Kens vote percentage has stayed about the same. Just that those who didn't want him have rallied behind Boris.

All the best

Keith

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:17 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite a fan of Boris Johnson.

However overall I am just chuffed to bits that Labour are on the brink of falling apart, which in my mind is living proof that even limited democracy can destroy the most oppressive government's.

However, we will soon see what Labour want cause traditionally we should be having a general election next May, but I am 75% sure Brown will go for a May 2010 election. Or propose an emergency decree Hitler style and impose a dictatorship on the United States of Britain.

I'm not overly fanatical about the Tories having the upper hand cause to be honest I don't think they will be any better than Labour. But I think Boris Johnson will be good for London.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:13 - 07 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that lasted a few days then..

I understand why he has done it, because there is a lot of anti social behaviour goes with it, but essentially its daft and unenforceable.

Just my opinion of course, because I like the freedom to drink in transit, but his first policy sucks.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 10:48 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Well, that lasted a few days then..

I understand why he has done it, because there is a lot of anti social behaviour goes with it, but essentially its daft and unenforceable.

Just my opinion of course, because I like the freedom to drink in transit, but his first policy sucks.

I don't agree with bringing this in but he did say he would be doing it during the election so i can't really complain having voted him in.

As long as he sticks to his promise of allowing bikes in bus lanes and scrapping the £25 congestion charge then i'll be happy.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
because there is a lot of anti social behaviour goes with it, but essentially its daft

If it cuts down anti-social behaviour it doesn't seem daft to me.

Mark

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:11 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Boris must be good as he has the best Surname ever! Smile

And yes, the bumbling idiot thing is a bit of an act, and he is very intelligent and astute. He uses the 'bumbling idiot' thing to keep his opponents on the back foot IMO.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1