BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Parking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:30 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Parking Reply with quote

This is outside london as i know you have parking ares.
Are we allowed to park anywhere we want (obv within reason) my brothers friend is a traffic warden and he said that bikes are allowed to park on yellow lines, pavements and in car parks where you have to pay free of charge, because in their rule book the vehicle must have a windscreen to give it a ticket. is this true? am i allowed to park anywhere untouched?
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not at all.
you can park in any car areas, aslong as there's no signs saying no bikes.
yellow line rules still app,y to bikes, as do resident parking areas.
MOST car parks are free to bikes, but check first. all NCP areas DO charge for bikes.
aslong as it's got a numberplate, it can be issued a ticket. there's a common flaw to this though but i'm not sure if something has now been done about it.
if you put something over the numberplate, like a carrier bag, then they can't read the plate, and they're not allowed to remove it cos it would be tampering with evidence. yeah, they could read your tax disc but I'm pretty sure they can't issue a ticket off of a tax disc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:36 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Ask bendy about parking tickets Laughing

They will give you a ticket for parking where you are not meant to. Likewise on pavements, and ive seen this done at bike meets, which is patethic, cos the only people there are bikers!

In London, there was a thing in MCN about how people would put a pag over thier numberplate, so they cant be given a ticket (as they can do anything to your bike) and this was solved by them just impounding your bike, and then of course they cant take the bag off to see who the bike belong to, and neither can you when its impounded Laughing

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:39 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

well like i said this aint london he is a traffic warden but i didnt beleive him looks like he's a toerag
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea milo, i used that rule when i lived near a train-station. Yellow lines and residents parking everywhere, so i just got a bike cover and parked in a resident bay Cool only got caught out once when i ws washing my bike Laughing came out with a bucket of water to rinse her off and there was a ticket on the petrol-tank Sad

so jimbo...get a bike cover

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:44 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about if i chain it to a lampost and have a cover on it can they take it away and cut through my chain?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

they wont take your bike away even if its not chained up. They will only impound vehicles which dont display tax, are burned out, do not have numberplates (and are meant to), are causing an obvious obstruction or hazard, registered stolen etc etc. A bike under cover in a paking space (residents bays etc) or tucked away on a pavement (again with a cover on) is ignored by traffic-wardens. Dont park on yellow lines and you'll be okay.

stop worrying boy Razz

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:56 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
stop worrying boy Razz

lol its just where i used to park is now ======== <- double yellow lines!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 14:00 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get yourself a shower cap and get your tax disc dirty Smile

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 14:03 - 27 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally:

You cant park on pavement unless the pavement is private property and the owners dont mind.

You cant park on double yellows. Ever.

You can park on single yellows during the allotted hours.

You can certainly get a ticket without a windscreen. 10 and counting Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1