Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

England evicts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: England evicts Reply with quote

We seem to have lots on Scotland wanting to devolve from England, Wales wants its own assembly and rules. Why don't we just vote on if we , The English, should allow Wales, Scotland, Northen Ireland and all the other little British hangers on Stay part of the English Empire, small as it is now. Lets kick the whole lot. Build our walls and keep the buggers out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

England don't own the Union. They are not the bosses of it.
Each member is an equal part of the union.

This is where a major misunderstanding and signs of extreme ignorance on behalf of some English people comes from; the fact that they think it is their choice as to what happens.

I can fully understand why Scotland want out. The union is basically England governing 3 other nations which is not what it should be. To be honest, if Scotland did become independent, I would head north and cross the border. I feel more in common with Scotland than the contents of the M25!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:09 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Re: England evicts Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
We seem to have lots on Scotland wanting to devolve from England, Wales wants its own assembly and rules. Why don't we just vote on if we , The English, should allow Wales, Scotland, Northen Ireland and all the other little British hangers on Stay part of the English Empire, small as it is now. Lets kick the whole lot. Build our walls and keep the buggers out.

You get my vote. You have to keep London, especially the Westminster bit though, that's part of the deal. And the Royal family, you have to keep them too.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 16:19 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fully understand Scotland wanting to become independent as they will be self sustainable, with North Sea Oil and Whiskey trade.

However I just cannot see how Wales could ever benefit from independence. Could someone enlighten me as to how they would have a good economy? As far as I know Wales is full of loads of disused mines, valleys, large port at Milford Haven for oil and that is about it.

I suppose they have a tourist industry, but still it seems as ridiculous as Cornwall professing they don't need England.

England doesn't have any industry, but it does have the City, which I guess at a whim accounts for our economy.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have the Darien compensation money back then? 1/2 million quid with compounded interest since 1707 should be a fair penny. Not forgetting that 1/2 million quid in 1707 is worth about 500 bn probably these days. Should clear up our budget deficit nicely.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're looking at a long term aim here, and it may mean not in our lifetime. Yes Scotland could have a viable economy with North Sea oil while it lasts, 25 years max. Wales does have the refineries, its tourism, and TV and film location work. However, I think that indepedance for Wales is a bit further away than it is for Scotland, NI is on a whole different timescale again. What all these countries would benefit from though is being represented as independant states in Europe. The EU funding they receive would be a redistribution of the money the UK currently pays, and while this may mean England pays more to Europe, it would certainly pay less internally. But as I say it's a big issue and will take a while to work out if it ever is, and before one gets all zenophobic and nationalistic, you have to remember that it was English (read Norman) and then Bristish expansion through the BEF and Empire that brought all these people to the British Isles and created the migration within.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

but who says the EU is going to last that long anyway? .

There are cracks in the fascade already of the EU, in that one size doesn't fit all ,

Germany's economy is strong and growing it wants to increase interest rates to head off inflation

Spain/Italy want to cut them to avert (or try to) advert their crashes and to devalue the currency to attract tourists.

Neither can do this.

If spain declines, the big economies have to chip in to bail them out, in the USA this is OK as they have the same culture and they are all Americans.

But in a smaller sense its not ok , southerners resent subsidising northerners , ie Scotland England divide. But we are a union we have commonalities, how likely are Germans wanting to subsidise Spanish folks?.

Scotland has a huge demographic time bomb anyway, its population is dipping rather low.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:53 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Can we have the Darien compensation money back then? 1/2 million quid with compounded interest since 1707 should be a fair penny. Not forgetting that 1/2 million quid in 1707 is worth about 500 bn probably these days. Should clear up our budget deficit nicely.

Now let's not even get started on the massive bribes (money, land and titles) paid by the English crown to members of the Scottish parliament to ensure they voted themselvesd out of existance.

Call it "compensation" if you like, but bribery it was. It was illegal then and it is illegal now.

If you try to bribe someone and it doesn't turn out how you wanted, you don't get to ask for the money back.

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Scotland or Wales to be independent. I want the United Kingdom to remain united. Our rich diversity of culture and language makes this the best Nation on Earth and we should celebrate it, not tear it apart.

*edit*

I kept Northern Ireland out of that statement deliberately as it has just started to rise from a dark period in it's history and needs time to settle down and begin to enjoy the peace that it's people have longed for.

snigger..... Very Happy

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:32 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally I don't want the UK to split up. The links are too close for it to make much more sense than Citizen Smith calling for "Freedom for Tooting".

It is strange though that Wales, NI and Scotland have their own localised governments while England doesn't. But not sure it is worth wasting a load more money on yet another tier of government (same applies to the existing assemblies).

Not sure why England would want to keep the Royal Family if the union did split up. Why would they want to keep the Scottish royal family (the thrones merged when the King of Scotland became the King of United Kingdom)?

Scotland would also not keep much of the oil revenues. A fairly large chunk of the North Sea oil fields are in what (by conventional rules) would be English national waters.

Itchy mentions a Scottish demographic time bomb. Personally I would say we all have that problem, and the sooner it hits then the less painful it will be. Sure you can try to get people to breed to increase numbers, but a large part of the problem is we are overpopulated. Boosting the young population to try and support the older population is like giving an addict heroin to make them feel happy - you are just delaying the inevitable.

All the best

Keith

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:47 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Not sure why England would want to keep the Royal Family if the union did split up. Why would they want to keep the Scottish royal family (the thrones merged when the King of Scotland became the King of United Kingdom)?

Well surely someone wants them? Somebody sent away for some German rent-a-royals when ours became so inbred they produced nothing but chinless wonders, madmen and bleeders.

So who was it then? Own up!

EDIT:

Perhaps should also mention that the current monarch is universally referred to as Queen Elizabeth the Second. She is the first queen of that name in Scotland.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:57 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Perhaps should also mention that the current monarch is universally referred to as Queen Elizabeth the Second. She is the first queen of that name in Scotland.

Couldn't call her Queen Elizabeth as people would get confused with the ship already named that and sailing the Atlantic.

All the best

Keith

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell would want the inbred wife of a Nazi?

Neutral

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
H
Itchy mentions a Scottish demographic time bomb. Personally I would say we all have that problem, and the sooner it hits then the less painful it will be. Sure you can try to get people to breed to increase numbers, but a large part of the problem is we are overpopulated. Boosting the young population to try and support the older population is like giving an addict heroin to make them feel happy - you are just delaying the inevitable.

All the best

Keith

It is IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS TO SUSTAIN A PONZI SCHEME until you start to draw from it, and thus transfer the problem to somebody else. Via immigration of increasing the birth rate.

I mean what are the alternatives? , if you notice M4 (UK money supply is at 14%) which implies inflation is also at 14% (they have a very good causal relationship yes causal).

Means you have to save a helluva lot for your retirement the current forumula is X25 what you want as a yearly salary, so you want 10K a year in 2050? you need 250K retirement pot.

Unfortunately this does not consider the ravages of inflation , my dad started to save for a pension in the 70s he paid lots into it, the £850 a year sounded alot in the 1970s infact it was a massive pension since he made massive payments into it until I was born when he paid slightly less into it but still about 25% of his wages.

It is now 2008 and £850 buys very little.

Remember it is in the governments best interests to cause hyperinflation as hyperinflation effectively means debts are reduced in size the UK currently owes 3.26 trillion , 6.2 trillion if you include some other things, we can NEVER repay this unless we inflate our way out of it ie print out 50% more money the value is halved. But then so is the debt effectively. You may notice why OPEC hates us currently the $ has dropped like a rock , due to fiat currency printing
thus all the OPEC nations who were holding billions of USD suddenly lost 1/5 of the value of it. I still have to wait till 2050 to retire or there abouts thats a good 40 years of inflation.

Thus your 250K saved up for 10K a year means 10K will buy a couple of pints come 2050. Hell I still remember in 2005 a loaf of bread was 96p, its now £1.34.

The alternative is much much worse, I'm talking of a 700% income tax rate, yes seven hundred percent to be able to cover the liabilities in the future 30 million workers who all want 20K of buying power when they retire, ie we need to increase the income tax take of 151 bn to 1057bn (a 700% increase). Whuppie I went to work and earned £100 , unfortunately my income tax bill was £700 for this £100.

Either that or zilch public services and all the taxes put into the pension pot ie 560bn which still isn't enough as you need 1 trillion to cover the pension liabilities year on year , you seriously telling me you want a 700% income tax rate?.

check out this

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/retirement/article.html?in_article_id=441485&in_page_id=6

new tax for old age.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:05 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It is IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS TO SUSTAIN A PONZI SCHEME until you start to draw from it, and thus transfer the problem to somebody else. Via immigration of increasing the birth rate.

Except that it is probably the least sustainable idea anyone has come up with.

Problem is that we have more and more people who are non productive until later in life (university, etc) and live longer, yet still retire early on.

Work from 16 to 60 and die at 70 means 70% of your life you are contributing to pay for the times you are not working (or put another way each working year is supporting 6 months of non working life). Work from 25 to 60 and die at 85 and only 53% of your life you are contributing (so each working year is supporting 17 months of non working life).

And worse, those older years are the ones where you are likely to need expensive medical treatment.

Current breeding to support the elderly is just like a crack habit. Might work in the short term but sooner or later will really screw you over.

All the best

Keith

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:06 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:
England don't own the Union. They are not the bosses of it.
Each member is an equal part of the union.

This is where a major misunderstanding and signs of extreme ignorance on behalf of some English people comes from; the fact that they think it is their choice as to what happens.

I can fully understand why Scotland want out. The union is basically England governing 3 other nations which is not what it should be. To be honest, if Scotland did become independent, I would head north and cross the border. I feel more in common with Scotland than the contents of the M25!

But the British government is 99% jocks. Confused

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Current breeding to support the elderly is just like a crack habit. Might work in the short term but sooner or later will really screw you over.

All the best

Keith

so what do you suggest?

the phillip morris method?,

Ie children at 15 are pulled out of class and forced for smoke 2 packs of cigs to get them hooked.

Monsanto is asked to GM hyper tobbaco which is 2 million times more additive than normal tobbaco, and you can get addicted from inhaling 2nd 3rd or 4th hand smoke.

Or

The second people turn 50 they are asked to report to 'community resource preservation centres' where they are executed and turned to Soylent green.

Actually I just found an idea stolen from a game,

When people retire they are plugged into a Matrix like VR system where they are hooked to feeding/life support machines thus they sit in huge tower blocks crammed full of people who are plugged into such a system , with major advances such as plugging directly into nerves people will feel this is reality and they live out their lives in such a manner, NI contributions are used to pay for your VR equipment and your state pension is used to maintain the machines.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:32 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally, stop paying people to breed. First stage first kid gets child benefit, 2nd means no extra child benefit. 3rd means loosing all the child benefit. Same for family tax credits.

No need to cut the population in a single massive sweep.

Use the money saved for education to provide skills that can provide an income to the country. We can only sell each other imported goods and services for so long before we run out of money to import anything. We are getting away with it at the moment based on fantasy house prices making people feel rich.

Whatever happens the pension age needs to increase.

All the best

Keith

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the problem is how we 'expect' the state to look after us when really we should be saving and paying our own way, rather than relying on private pensions that will have been robbed or state pensions that will be worth nothing because of inflation.

Also, if we actually made something in this country, rather than an economy based on debt and boom and bust economics, then perhaps we'd be a wealthy enough country to look after ourselves.

Saying we're overpopulated is a sham, there's an amazing amount of space left for life if we realised. It's a non-sensical answer and basically akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A complete overreaction to the mess we're currently in. Soon Keith will be suggesting people start Euthenising old or sick folks like the bloody Nazis. It's a false answer.

All economic studies prove that a developed nation actually reduces population; so why then do we constantly wage economic war on third world countries, forcing anything other than sham dictators out and forcibly keeping their economies down?

Bleugh, only a matter of time until they suggest 'family-tax' schemes or one child policies like China...

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:19 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Part of the problem is how we 'expect' the state to look after us when really we should be saving and paying our own way, rather than relying on private pensions that will have been robbed or state pensions that will be worth nothing because of inflation.

The private pension schemes were people looking after themselves and paying their own way.

Kris wrote:
Saying we're overpopulated is a sham, there's an amazing amount of space left for life if we realised.

We are very highly populated. Very high up the list for the world. England is (excluding tiny Malta) joint with Holland the most population dense country in Europe. The GB figure is brought down by the lower Scots figures. UK population is growing at 0.7% a year (more than immigration).

Kris wrote:
Soon Keith will be suggesting people start Euthenising old or sick folks like the bloody Nazis. It's a false answer.

Not in the slightest. My point is to deal with the problem now (and get the population eventually down to a reasonable level). Avoiding dealing with it as you suggest will likely result in such nasty results.

Kris wrote:
All economic studies prove that a developed nation actually reduces population; so why then do we constantly wage economic war on third world countries, forcing anything other than sham dictators out and forcibly keeping their economies down?

True, but the UK population last century increased by 53%. 5% in the last 20 years of that century. World population increased by a factor of 4 last century.

Kris wrote:
Bleugh, only a matter of time until they suggest 'family-tax' schemes or one child policies like China...

No time at all as that is essentially what I am suggesting. Just done without that haste and nasty side effects that will be necessary is we avoid dealing with it.

All the best

Keith

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
The private pension schemes were people looking after themselves and paying their own way.

Not really what I meant. Holding a piece of paper saying that you should be getting x amount of £ when you hit 65 is worthless given our banking cartels and fiat monetary system. Depending on that (or property values like a lot do) is not looking after yourselves.

Kickstart wrote:

We are very highly populated. Very high up the list for the world. England is (excluding tiny Malta) joint with Holland the most population dense country in Europe. The GB figure is brought down by the lower Scots figures. UK population is growing at 0.7% a year (more than immigration).

That's comparatively. In reality we could sustain more, quite obvious really. Current way this country operates is far more of an issue IMHO.

"According to a BBC Report in September 2005, immigration made up more than half of Britain's population growth from 1991 to 2001."

We don't have the 'real' figures regarding illegal immigration either but I know they don't control the borders; if population growth was a real immediate concern wouldn't they be stopping the illegal immigrants at the Eurostar?

Keith wrote:
Not in the slightest. My point is to deal with the problem now (and get the population eventually down to a reasonable level). Avoiding dealing with it as you suggest will likely result in such nasty results

"A reasonable level" What level is that then? Who's to say how many people should be alive? You? Me? The 'state'? The transition of 'population' into 'the problem' was a eugenics tactic, born from the socialist darwin theories. I remember doing Geography at school ten years ago and every other lesson or textbook was how people were the problem and how great China was. Human population will naturally level off; it's basic really. We cannot sustain life if there are too many. Premptive anti-human tactics is remeniscant of many very nasty regimes. I know you don't want to pay for other's kids - fair enough. Limiting how many I have by taxation or law? You can go and screw yourself.

Keith wrote:
True, but the UK population last century increased by 53%. 5% in the last 20 years of that century. World population increased by a factor of 4 last century.

World population I have already covered, Re: Third world bank loans etc. Economic warfare, openly stated. If we allowed them to actually develop then every indicator says that their population will decrease.

Regarding UK population, didn't we have a mass influx of immigrants in the last century, mostly invited? I'd actually be interested to know why population growth is such a bugbear to you, personally.

Keith wrote:

No time at all as that is essentially what I am suggesting. Just done without that haste and nasty side effects that will be necessary is we avoid dealing with it.

That's a weird statement. I understand the first bit: that you want to stop people breeding by force. Well, I fundamentally disagree with you on that point.

The next bit puzzles me, "Dealing with it". That's very strange rhetoric IMO, I know you think we are a problem but the side effects part I struggle with? Please clarify.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:49 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Not really what I meant. Holding a piece of paper saying that you should be getting x amount of £ when you hit 65 is worthless given our banking cartels and fiat monetary system. Depending on that (or property values like a lot do) is not looking after yourselves.

Well, given that when you need your pension you are elderly there is nothing else you can do.

Kris wrote:
That's comparatively. In reality we could sustain more, quite obvious really. Current way this country operates is far more of an issue IMHO.

We could sustain more, but with a reducing quality of life and a greater dependence on imports.

Kris wrote:
We don't have the 'real' figures regarding illegal immigration either but I know they don't control the borders; if population growth was a real immediate concern wouldn't they be stopping the illegal immigrants at the Eurostar?

Illegal immigrants should be stopped when they enter into Europe. By the time they get to the Eurostar then they should be legal immigrants.

Kris wrote:
"A reasonable level" What level is that then? Who's to say how many people should be alive? You? Me? The 'state'? The transition of 'population' into 'the problem' was a eugenics tactic, born from the socialist darwin theories.

At a level where it can sustain itself with a reasonable standard of living without relying on cheap labour in other countries (it shouldn't be cheap labour, they should be coming up to our standard of living, or better). Not relying on getting deeper into expecting an increasing population to support the older population

Kris wrote:
Human population will naturally level off; it's basic really. We cannot sustain life if there are too many. Premptive anti-human tactics is remeniscant of many very nasty regimes.

Or the result of head in the sands attitudes to population sizes. Do it nicely now or if we follow your ideas we will be reduced to the hideous methods we all deplore.

Kris wrote:
I know you don't want to pay for other's kids - fair enough. Limiting how many I have by taxation or law? You can go and screw yourself.

No need for the law, and I agree with you on that. Tax is something very different. By counting out taxation you are forcing everyone to pay for others kids.

I have no objection to investing in kids. Spend the money making the most of what we have (education, productivity, lifestyle, etc). Once they are born make the most of them and allow them to make the most of their lives.

It is a very long "game", and short term ideas such as encouraging more and more kids will just make the evential crunch more painful.

Kris wrote:
If we allowed them to actually develop then every indicator says that their population will decrease.

You have already had the figures. UK population (and I take it you mean the UK as a developed nation) is still increasing even without immigration. Hence the evidence does not support you claims.

Kris wrote:
Regarding UK population, didn't we have a mass influx of immigrants in the last century, mostly invited?

We had an influx, but also a large outflux:-

https://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/rp99/rp99-111.pdf

Page 7. Since 1901, more people have emigrated from the UK than immigrated. By 1997, a net exodus from the UK of 15,600,000
had occurred.
. Without that last centuries population growth would have been almost doubled.

Kris wrote:
I'd actually be interested to know why population growth is such a bugbear to you, personally.

Because I see it as unsustainable, and find the cramped conditions that this is resulting in a deeply unpleasant (just look at how cramped modern housing estates are even compared to those of 30 years ago, let alone a 1930s council estate). Immigration might have have contributed some to this but is not that major factor by any stretch of the imagination.

Increasing population to pay for those older sections of the population to live is just putting the problem off for another generation. Only real solution is to increase the age people expect to retire. At the same time have a decent enough health system that people can continue to work , rather than having people who could be easily treated standing round for years waiting to be healed (something that would increase both productivity and quality of life).

Kris wrote:
That's a weird statement. I understand the first bit: that you want to stop people breeding by force. Well, I fundamentally disagree with you on that point.

No I do not, and nowhere have I said so it even hinted that might be the case. Stop trying to make me out for being evil just because I do not want to leave things to become more unpleasant.

If my suggestions are "stopping people breeding by force" then the current financial system must be forcing people to breed.

Kris wrote:
The next bit puzzles me, "Dealing with it". That's very strange rhetoric IMO, I know you think we are a problem but the side effects part I struggle with? Please clarify.

Cram people into a limited area and they will start to act in more socially unpleasant ways. Like rats in a cage.

All the best

Keith

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Well, given that when you need your pension you are elderly there is nothing else you can do.

Not true. Lots of other ways but we've been conditioned to trust the banks and financial institutions implicitly.

Kickstart wrote:
We could sustain more, but with a reducing quality of life and a greater dependence on imports.

Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. You want the current (or relatively similar) standard of living now to remain don't you! Well it won't because a) The monetary and whole banking system is a lie and being shored up by constant loans of imaginary handouts, b) The globalist-agenda leaders (If you want I can find the links Thumbs Up ) are setting up open trade agreements to send all work to the lowest bidders worldwide, c) We don't have a proper industry anymore - how do we deserve it? and d) Constant EU treaties making it much easier for foreign workers to enter UK, work for peanuts (undercutting UK work) and send cash home.

Kickstart wrote:

Illegal immigrants should be stopped when they enter into Europe. By the time they get to the Eurostar then they should be legal immigrants.

This is linked to the various EU treaties above. We should be looking after the UK, our troops should be at home on the borders stopping this illegal influx happening. Any legal immigration should be monitored closely and regulated to assist our economy.

Kickstart wrote:

At a level where it can sustain itself with a reasonable standard of living without relying on cheap labour in other countries (it shouldn't be cheap labour, they should be coming up to our standard of living, or better). Not relying on getting deeper into expecting an increasing population to support the older population

Unfortunately we have been fed a lie, a life based on cheap slave imports and no manufacturing. To change this we will need to re-open factories etc, get back an industry again. Naturally our current lifestyle is likely to reduce in quality here initially anyway. As for the younger generations supporting older - it could be made to work very easily with proper management I'm sure. Once a population levels off and finds it's plateau it will naturally become a constant(ish) cycle. Until then it should be easier? Non? I think we should be asking the 'authorities' <spit> why it isn't working. Population numbers will have little to do with it I'm sure.

Kris wrote:
Or the result of head in the sands attitudes to population sizes. Do it nicely now or if we follow your ideas we will be reduced to the hideous methods we all deplore.

My ideas? You don't know my ideas. <confused>

Your idea of taxing families out of having kids (because what happens with taxes? They go up, up, up... ) is nicely? Blimey Keith!
It's completely unnecessary IMO, much more suitable a solution would be to rebuild this country's industry as said previously. Provide much more work and a more prosperous country and I'd wager we'd benefit much more than just taxing everyone heavily.

Kickstart wrote:
you are forcing everyone to pay for others kids.

I have no objection to investing in kids.

What's the difference? Very Happy You should pay some towards kids if (using your logic) you're not providing children to teh country's workforce. Who's going to support you when your pension is worth nothing?

Kickstart wrote:
the evidence does not support you claims.

Not my claims, it was a report on Influences on Population Studies by the US govt. I will try and dig it up but many others are online - do a search.

Kickstart wrote:
"Without that last centuries population growth would have been almost doubled."

Meaningless statement, much like a 'what if?' comment.

Kickstart wrote:
cramped modern housing estates are even compared to those of 30 years ago, let alone a 1930s council estate). Immigration might have have contributed some to this but is not that major factor by any stretch of the imagination.

Look back even further and we've improved. S'all relative. Very Happy Cramped cities occur for many reasons but people still buy into them; some here absolutely love it. The housing industry has had a big hand in the housing estates, much as town planners and enviro-mentalists. How come my housing estate has acres and acres around it but we're all situated together? See?

Kickstart wrote:

No I do not, and nowhere have I said so it even hinted that might be the case. Stop trying to make me out for being evil just because I do not want to leave things to become more unpleasant.

If my suggestions are "stopping people breeding by force" then the current financial system must be forcing people to breed.

Society's problems are not down to population size, there's a plethera of other factors I'm sure you're aware of. (growing police state, yuppy-culture etc). You've bought into the idea that reducing the number of humans you see around you would better your life - I completely disagree. You effectively dislike people is what you're saying. Razz No wonder you don't want people to have kids! Wink

Kickstart wrote:
Cram people into a limited area and they will start to act in more socially unpleasant ways. Like rats in a cage.

Only a dumbed down, lazy, scumbag population would put up with the behaviour you describe. Any decent folk in that 'limited are' would realise that the overall standard of life was under threat and take steps to get rid of any problem residents. Only our apathy and slave mentality prevents us from doing so and is our ultimate undoing. I think you may find this is your real enemy. Thumbs Up

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:43 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Not true. Lots of other ways but we've been conditioned to trust the banks and financial institutions implicitly.

Not really. Unless you are going to directly rely on your offspring.

Kris wrote:
Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. You want the current (or relatively similar) standard of living now to remain don't you! Well it won't because a) The monetary and whole banking system is a lie and being shored up by constant loans of imaginary handouts, b) The globalist-agenda leaders (If you want I can find the links Thumbs Up ) are setting up open trade agreements to send all work to the lowest bidders worldwide, c) We don't have a proper industry anymore - how do we deserve it? and d) Constant EU treaties making it much easier for foreign workers to enter UK, work for peanuts (undercutting UK work) and send cash home.

It has a lot more chance of working than just adding more to the population.

Of course I want standards of living to at least stay the same. And entirely possible for it to do so if money is invested in future generations, not just wasted.

Kris wrote:
This is linked to the various EU treaties above. We should be looking after the UK, our troops should be at home on the borders stopping this illegal influx happening. Any legal immigration should be monitored closely and regulated to assist our economy.

Maybe true, but how is that very different than monitoring the population to assist the population? It is pretty much the justification for the police state you object to.

Kris wrote:
Unfortunately we have been fed a lie, a life based on cheap slave imports and no manufacturing. To change this we will need to re-open factories etc, get back an industry again.

Fully agree. For that you need a useful population, not a large population of which many can just about serve a McDonalds. Hence concentrate on quality not quantity.

Kris wrote:
As for the younger generations supporting older - it could be made to work very easily with proper management I'm sure.

Such control I find almost as abhorent as various eugenics suggestions.

Kris wrote:
Once a population levels off and finds it's plateau it will naturally become a constant(ish) cycle.

No sign of it levelling off. We are just exporting enough people to keep population growth down a bit.

Kris wrote:
My ideas? You don't know my ideas. <confused>

You are happy to have an increasing population, or at least hope that it naturally stops increasing. Yet at the same time you are relying on that increasing popultion to support the older generations. The increasing population is not sustainable, and shows little sign of naturally stopping.

Kris wrote:
Your idea of taxing families out of having kids (because what happens with taxes? They go up, up, up... ) is nicely? Blimey Keith!

Where have I mentioned taxing them out of having kids? All I have suggested is removing the money paid back to those having kids (and suggested using that the money saved is spent on educating those who are born).

Better to have 9 useful people rather than 9 useless and one useful person.

Kris wrote:
It's completely unnecessary IMO, much more suitable a solution would be to rebuild this country's industry as said previously. Provide much more work and a more prosperous country and I'd wager we'd benefit much more than just taxing everyone heavily.

Ignoring your comments based on imagining me taxing people heavily, if we need an industry (and I think we do) then what is of most benefit is the high return industries dependent on skilled design. We used to have it (and in some areas still do), but much was destroyed by poor political decisions (eg, much of the UK aerospace industry destroyed by cancelled projects in the 50s and 60s). Having an industry based on someone screwing something together for £10 an hour when elswhere it can be done just as well for £1 an hour is a quick route to going out of business.

Having people just doing unskilled jobs which could easily be automated is doing little. For example, Fiat built a factory in Poland as they could employ people more cheaply there to build the car than it would cost to use a robot for the same tasks!

Kris wrote:
What's the difference? Very Happy You should pay some towards kids if (using your logic) you're not providing children to teh country's workforce. Who's going to support you when your pension is worth nothing?

There is no shortage of kids. No need to pay people to breed (they will do it anyway). Spend the money on giving the kids the best skills. Then we might have a chance of the pensions being worth something.

Kris wrote:
Meaningless statement, much like a 'what if?' comment.

Not true. You have claimed a fairly stable population. I have shown that it has increased, and the only reason the increase is not twice as much is due to mass emmigration.

Kris wrote:
Look back even further and we've improved. S'all relative.

So why go backwards? The reason for cramming houses in is to avoid impacting more on the surrounding green areas. Gives you a choice of build on those areas, make the houses ever smaller or just don't keep increasing the population.

Kris wrote:
Society's problems are not down to population size, there's a plethera of other factors I'm sure you're aware of. (growing police state, yuppy-culture etc).

Of course I am aware of them. I just can see that an over size population is a major factor, and impacts on many of the other factors.

Kris wrote:
You've bought into the idea that reducing the number of humans you see around you would better your life - I completely disagree.

You might disagree but you have come up with no basis for that disagreement. Would less humans increase my quality of life? Probably, but I have no proposal that would make a directly noticeable difference in my life time.

Kris wrote:
You effectively dislike people is what you're saying. Razz No wonder you don't want people to have kids! Wink

There you go again. You have failed to understand my point so you have instead tried to paint me in an evil light.

Nobody other than you has talked about enforced eugenics, taxing people for breeding, etc. I have merely suggested to stop giving all the tax breaks to people to breed.

Kris wrote:
Only a dumbed down, lazy, scumbag population would put up with the behaviour you describe.

And with and ever larger population, forcing things to be done on the cheap, that is all you are likely to get.

All the best

Keith

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Personally, stop paying people to breed. First stage first kid gets child benefit, 2nd means no extra child benefit. 3rd means loosing all the child benefit. Same for family tax credits.

Pretty sure China tried that already and that was a bad move. The one child policy ensured that all second or third children were either abandoned as street orphans or were murdered after birth. In China its tradition for you to move in with your son after you retire and he looks after you, so if your only child is a girl you have no retirement plan. Although that's less likely to happen in the UK, there would still be examples of it happening. Abortion rates would go through the roof (ethical problems).

Our population is generally ageing anyway just give it a few decades and we will be calling for a higher birth rate.

https://www.statistics.gov.uk/images/charts/6.gif

Shows that in general most the people in the UK are 30+, give that 40 years and our population size will have dropped significantly assuming there isn't another "baby boom" or there aren't any major medical advances in that time.

So really we kinda want birth rates where they are.

But back to what the OP was saying, most people I have met from Scotland and Wales don't want to be independent, as they are aware of the funding provided by England to keep them stable. If they did break off they would suffer greatly I think. Either way there is only a few that really want to break off anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2