Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Theory *bullshit*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Theory *bullshit* Reply with quote

What a load of guff.....ok yippee first of all, i passed my driving theory test, which co-insidently i've taken a theory test bike/car over 5 times now.....either because of expiry, i've been banned or failed.

Anyways, i know the drill, pass the grumpy old fart your licence who scowls at you depending on how clean/dirty it is. Then i had to sign on the electronic pad with a touch screen pen, apparently it didn't match, i had to do it again. WTF, let me write it down, this is BULLSHIT. He got me to sign it twice, i can't remember the last time i tried to write on ice with a the wrong end of a pencil but this is what it replicates im sure.

Then they send you into the room with the computers. I haven't been there for a few years, but the staff haven't changed, all cunts.
I hadn't read the itinery, i knew the time and the place when i booked online, so just turned up.

I get on with the questions and when i get through a few i look into the bottom right of the screen.....15 of 50! Shocked
Fu** sake, 50 questions, this BULLSHIT!

I smirk at some of the new questions, I’ve done this a fair few times now and revised also.
They've re-worded questions, they've changed orientation of some questions to confuse. Now, the 50 questions didn't bother me, i was pretty confident. The thing that really pisses me off is the fact that this now costs more money, there is a huge amount of questions to choose from, and all they've done is simply tap in to the system 50 not 35 and ask for more money. Rolling Eyes

So i end up getting 45 out of 50, you need 43 to pass. Neutral Thumbs Up

I'm not exactly ecstatic, but pleased purely because i don't have money to throw at a fu**ing memory game.

A memory game is all it fuc*ing is, memorise the questions, work around the subtle confusion thrown in, and bobs your auntie, you can now attempt to pass your practical.

Bullshit

Ok, picture this.

You open the envelope, and lets pretend I failed.

What i'm aiming for i guess is to get some understanding about the do's and don’ts on the road today, so i need to be prepared next time. So what the fu** is this about?
You get say 5 questions wrong, they list how many you got wrong and then simply tell you in what area you fu**ed up in.

Example

You and your vehicle - 2
Hazards and awareness - 2
Road signs - 1

HOW DOES THIS FUCKING HELP?!

So out of hundreds of possible answers to these 'areas' of questions you have to go away and guess at the one's you got wrong try your best to revise and memorise it all or else you're going to be a very skint driver.

I could go on all day, and when it comes to the questions, holy shi*…..why don’t they give you a hat with a dick on the front just in case you forget where you stand?

Here’s one for you, one that I got in the test.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Killa127/question.jpg

Now I know, being the absolute retards they are, what answer they would like. So to pass, I clicked it.
But seriously…. There’s a van, two car pile up, you arrive at the scene, it’s a quiet country road. The van driver is hurt, but not badly, the second car has been shunted by the other car behind is leaking petrol, passengers inside are screaming as the doors seem to be jammed.

The DSA ideally would like you to stand with your hands in your pockets, not putting yourself at risk. The emergency services will only be between 5-10 minutes and by that time your problem maybe be solved as a fire may break out and engulf those people who are screaming.
In the real world, however, I’m sure this wouldn’t be the case. But in the case of a £30 memory game, let em burn.
Bullshit.

Fuc* you DSA, fuc* you DVLA.

Evil or Very Mad Middle Finger
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its any consolation I got 100% on mine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

..zzZZZ
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:
If its any consolation I got 100% on mine.


I had 35 out of 35 once, big deal, still bullshi*

Are you saying you got 100% on the whole thing, or just questions? Laughing
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:40 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever got 100% on the whole thing? It must be pretty hard to do it on Hazard Perception.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the car one a year after it came out and the bike one 9 years later.

In all that time it is still the same patronising dribble that is common sense to about 95% of the population.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

scootabk
Nova Slayer



Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can scream then you know they're breathing, tell them to shut the flip up and you go to the casualty who's quiet first, as they're probably a lot more serisously injured
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelmer wrote:
I did the car one a year after it came out and the bike one 9 years later.

In all that time it is still the same patronising dribble that is common sense to about 95% of the population.


I think may be what they are trying to achieve, to sort the ones with no common sense out, but then that obviously doesn't work.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jaloopa
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most are common sense, but there are a few that just require knowledge of pretty arbitrary things (who knows stopping distances off by heart, and who's ever A: used the knowledge or B: found them to be accurate?)
____________________
mattsprattuk wrote: but at least the lifan could do like 104mph in 3rd gear
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:59 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the accident question what they are looking for is that you don't become another casualty for the services to deal with. if you can sort things out then fine, but don't make things worse.
The theory may not be the best way but it is one way to get people to at least have some thought about the road and other users of it. You could learn by rote or you could understand the road and its ways. I know which I would prefer.

As for the 50 questions as an ADI I had 100 questions and a minimum pass mark of 94% I got 100% as for the Hazard perception test I got 73 out of 75.

I do put it down to 24 years on a motorbike though and knowing the knack of doing the test.

If you have a better way please feel free to tell me and I could sell them to the DSA.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
As for the 50 questions as an ADI I had 100 questions and a minimum pass mark of 94% I got 100% as for the Hazard perception test I got 73 out of 75.


If I got that score I'd be so pissed off I didn't get full marks Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 72.75 Kb