Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More state intrusion....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:37 - 20 May 2008    Post subject: More state intrusion.... Reply with quote

https://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/telecoms/article3965033.ece

Precis government is planning to force through yet another database which ALL internet activity, phone calls , emails etc of all its slaves citizens. On the justification of anti terrorism.... blimey even the totalitarianists of the PRC don't do this.

Heh if the DVLA is anything to go by it won't work ..... if they can't keep track of 30million cars with 40% of the DVLA database wrong what hope for this? , of course this is due to a bribe donation paid to MPs which they will become directors afterwards.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 20 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the government's track record at implementing large IT systems I'd not worry about it too much.

I could do better with a copy of Micro$oft Access.

Mark

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 20 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank fuck I am off the radar.
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 00:28 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could they keep records of VoIP calls? The ISP simply logs the persons IP address and time online. VoIP is just IP data mixed in with the rest of your net useage, to track it seperately you'd have to be accessing all the data going to and from someones computer which is not record keeping, and dont see how it could be done storage wise, it'd be huge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
With the government's track record at implementing large IT systems I'd not worry about it too much.

I would worry about it, because they'll be using your tax £'s to pay for this shit (and let's face it, they will spend as much as they can get away with... which is seemingly a lot nowadays).
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I'd not worry about it too much

Yea, nothing to worry about. Rolling Eyes And we wonder why we're in this mess? Sheesh.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue in cheek lads.

Mark

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Tongue in cheek lads.

Mark

Sorry dude Very Happy Use a Wink next time... Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the Access comment in instead of a Wink

Smile

Mark

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:30 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long live paint!

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure how they would go about implementing this.. I mean consider the sheer amount of data that gets bused about on the internet every day, a large amount of it encrypted. How on earth would they intend to sift through all the information whilst cracking all the encrypted keys they would need to read items such as emails. And in regards to phone calls.. I mean some people can spend hours on a phone every day how on earth would they manage to listen in to every single phone convo in Britain, let alone read all of the emails and web pages that we view.

I just don't see it being a possibility, unless they manage to create some form of search software that can sift through data and pull out what it considers to be interesting to it.. But then they would only be able to view internet stuff from a British IP, so you would just need an IP changer that would make it look like you are overseas.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
in regards to phone calls.. I mean some people can spend hours on a phone every day how on earth would they manage to listen in to every single phone convo

Easy-peasy, i.e. the same way they do currently in the US.

Whole floors of the telephone companies buildings, right where the connections are made, are habited by the NSA. They literally plug their computers in the middle of the connection centre and key-word software can scan all of the calls, all of the time. There's no workers sitting there listening in, just rooms and rooms of computers waiting for patterns of words and numbers.

Very Happy I think you need to realise that just because you 'feel' that something is beyond currrent technology or unfeasible that does not make it impossible.

Jaloopa
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to fuck them off out of it is to put all of the keywords in every conversation.

Jihad holy war praise Mohammed bomb

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how they would go about implementing this.. I mean consider the sheer amount of data that gets bused about on the internet every day, a large amount of it encrypted. How on earth would they intend to sift through all the information whilst cracking all the encrypted keys they would need to read items such as emails.

Were you not watching a couple years back? , it is now a criminal offence punishable by 3 years in prison for not handing over encryption keys. It was sneaked in in SOCPA or a terrorism bill.

That has some funny tricks actually ... I put a USB key in an enemy house with a 512 encryption on it, I dob them in , police ALWAYS take computers these days, they ask for the key , he says I don't know...

Police now use the phone book method on him to soften him up and he still gets 3 years in the nick , all that is on the USB key is hahaha Pwned!
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 21 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Were you not watching a couple years back? , it is now a criminal offence punishable by 3 years in prison for not handing over encryption keys. It was sneaked in in SOCPA or a terrorism bill.

I totally missed the fact that you couldn't keep encrypted keys, that's kinda surprising.. but really I'm not that surprised to be honest.

And yeh I'm aware that you can scan phone calls but realistically who is stupid enough to discuss anything that could be incriminating where it can be recorded?

So does the encrypted key thing continue to sending encrypted data over the internet?

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 03:03 - 22 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No because you're not directly in control of the encryption, you don't have the encryption codes so cannot do anything with it, if you're referring to encrypted webpages, encrypted email would require you to create an encryption key/password.

The point is though they are not proposing to tap all conversations and phonecalls, that has not been said. They want to keep logs of all calls and texts made, ie who phoned who when, who texted who when, not what was in the conversation.

My only point was that IP telephony doesnt create logs like a conventional phone and to identify an IP phonecall would require sifting through your IP data which IS essentially tapping your net connection. So they're either not going to be able to log IP telephony because they didn't realise how it works, or they're lying about just keeping call logs and are really planning on intercepting all data.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 344 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1