BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MP's demanding ?38k pay rise (60%)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 07:23 - 30 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenx is right, just tell him you know they're all bent and that their days are numbered.

Lay into him for refusing to answer any of your questions in the second letter of yours and then remind the dirty pig that you pay his wages.

I sent a similar letter to your first one to my local mp Vincent Cable, i haven't had a reply yet but you never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:36 - 30 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah typical MPs I remember a letter about ID cards I sent when I was still bothered about things and thought I could make a difference , he effectively said I won the election and your views don't matter.

Ivan Lewis the local MP also effectively said all the Bury population were idiots for not voting labour.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:24 - 30 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron0288 wrote:

To which I just got this -

Quote:

What is your solution to all this?

Bob Blizzard MP

The solution is simple Mr Blizzard, we are all going to vote you arrogant cunts out.

This government is the most traitorous and mind-numbingly arrogant that I have ever known in my 56 years.
But what do you all expect from a bunch of fascist Labour left-wingers, hiding under a blanket of woolly liberalism?

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 01 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a really childish response this but who cares. The sooner these dickheads are out of office the better. Mind you once they are out, who have we got to take their place? David Fucking Cameron who's just as bad most likely.

Marvelous!!!! Thumbs Up

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me is the general assumption made by some MP's that they can pull the wool over our eyes and blind us with statistics.

Its all a balance I suppose, they've done some good things but unfortunately they're outweighed by the negative things.

And you're quite right, are the Tories going to be any better? We're in a pretty deep whole and I think its going to get worse before it gets better regardless of who's in number 10.

That Bob Blizzard guy seems to be a tad arrogant... Rolling Eyes

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't disagree with the mortgage payments. MP's need to be in London a great deal of the time. What gets me about it is that when they get booted ( or move house ) out the house gets sold and they keep the profit from the house price rise. This includes all the work done at the tax payers expense. Some of the longer serving MPs must make hundreds of thousands of pounds at no expense to themselves. All those profits should go back into the "public" purse.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa_broon74 wrote:

And you're quite right, are the Tories going to be any better? We're in a pretty deep whole and I think its going to get worse before it gets better regardless of who's in number 10.

That Bob Blizzard guy seems to be a tad arrogant... Rolling Eyes

an old man once said to me , I know they are all corrupt the difference is the tories are all rich enough not to constantly have to pilfer from the till.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:20 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a copy of Bazza's letter to my local mp and here is what i got back...I read all the local newspapers front to back and have not read one sentence on his position regarding expenses.

Compared to that clown Blizzard who replied to aaron0288, i think it's a pretty decent response.

Maybe they're not all as bad as each other.

I think i could have toned down the original email i sent him but i wanted to provoke a response. Thumbs Up

Vincent Cable wrote:

Thank you for your message. I am totally opposed to the blanket allowance for second homes and will oppose it. As it happens I do not claim the allowance for a second home, blanket or otherwise, though I am entitled to. Some MPs in Outer London do have second homes and claim the allowance but I (and my four Lib Dem colleagues who represent seats in Outer London) take the view that - though we occasionally have travel problems late at night - train services are adequate for us to live in our constituencies and commute. I am surprised that you feel it necessary to challenge me on the subject since my position and record on the issue has been well advertised in the local and national press.

I cannot, however, let you get away with the very aggressive tone you adopt. I am not aware of any 'massive' pay increases and certainly haven't received one. As it happens I took a big pay cut when I went into Parliament from the private sector and work far harder than when I was a private sector executive. Nonetheless I take the view that I am well paid relative to what most of my constituents earn; am happy to see my job as being a vocation rather than a job in the normal sense; and believe, as you do, that MPs should be more self-disciplined and restrained in settling their remuneration packages.

I also agree that our priority should be cutting taxes for those on low and middle incomes and am frustrated to discover that, having promoted this message for several years, I haven't yet managed to get through to you.

Yours sincerely,
Vincent Cable MP
MP for Twickenham
Liberal Democrat Deputy Leader and Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer

aaron0288
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:15 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a much better response you got Andrew. And from a Lib Dem. Do you mind if I send a copy of that to Blizzard?

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 21:26 - 02 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not at all.

If 50% of MP's thought the same way he did the public would probably have a lot more respect for them.

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 03 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see the difference in responses from MP's so I sent this:

Quote:

Hello.

Further to the latest news that Speaker Michael Martin wishes to get through Parliament a system whereby members will be given a blanket allowance of £23,000 per annum to spend on second homes, without any requirement to provide financial records as is currently the case, I wish to confirm your position on this, and mine.

My position is this: Whether the Labour Party accepts responsibility for the current state of the country's finances or not, there are a great number of voters who feel that they are certainly partially responsible. The cost of living has increased exponentially in the last 5 years, and far from the government actually doing anything to alleviate the suffering of those on low and middle level incomes, this government has increased the tax-take enormously, whilst doing nothing to control the ludicrous activities of the banks, gas companies, oil companies and electricity companies.

Further to this, the ever-increasing swingeing penalties for driving, owning or parking cars has made life even harder.

How can any sort of a pay rise above inflation and decrease in financial accountability be justified when the vast majority of the electorate, the people who you serve are struggling to get by and worry with the knowledge that they are potentially only one month from homelessness should they lose their job.

Enough is enough. If the money is not there for tax cuts, and it's not there for troops in two combat zones, then as surely as night follows day it is NOT there for further augmenting the income of MP's.

If I see that you approve of such a motion, or vote in favour it, or even abstain in the hope that it is voted through, then not only will I be canvassing the views of the people of Edinburgh North and Leith in respect of your suitability for the job you currently do, but I shall also be publicising such a display of obvious and frankly insulting mendacity to as wide an audience as possible.

If this idea has your approval, I won't be voting for you, and will make every effort to ensure that other local voters are made aware of your position. It should be noted that this missive is not intended to be a shot across the bows of the current Labour government, MP's of all flavours should be and by talking to colleagues are being put on similar notice.

I will be passing on a copy of this message to every form of Internet discussion available to me together with the strong recommendation that everyone who reads it should put their own MP on similar notice.

yours sincerely,

to Paul Lazarowicz, he's Labour so I wonder if it'll be similar to Bob Blizzard's response or inline with Vince Cable.

I did tone the letter down a wee bit...

Thumbs Up

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 03 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick response:

Quote:
Dear Mr Brown

Thank you for your email. I have of course seen the reports to which you refer, but I do not think any proposal for a ‘blanket allowance’ without receipts has actually yet been put forward. I believe that, at most, it is only one of a number of options being considered.

However, I can tell you that such a proposal would NOT have my support if it eventually comes forward. I would certainly vote against it.

Mark Lazarowicz MP

Is what he said...

First time I've written to an MP, pretty impressed with the speed of the response and obviously another no is good. I do wonder what he would vote for though...

Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 03 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trap them ,

Gordon Brown denied the UK people a referendum on the basis that pledges and promises had:

"no ligitimate expectation" ,

hence you should trap them by saying even if you say that now what prevents you from using that defence?.

Its probably why Ivan Lewis hates me , as I pestered him mercilessly with you would say that wouldn't you, till I got bored and decided to something else.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 10:38 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic but take a read of this..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/2073078/House-of-Lords-to-get-andpound100m-office-complex.html

A total disgrace.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local MP is a complete tosspot. Every bad thing that has happened to this country since 1997 he has voted for. He's regularly spouting globalist rhetoric whenever he can. Grrr.

I think I'll e-mail him a similar letter like you lot. I wonder how he voted...?

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

Strange thing is I'm not to bothered with this one.

The lords have done more to preserve freedom in this country than the commons have over the last 30 years.

Who opposed the ID card system from the start and still does?

Who opposed the 3 month detention?

Why did Blair have to force through legislation to restrict the powers of the Lords?

This item on Wiki shows the difference between MP's and Lords in their views of the citizens of this country...

Clicky

As long as the lords continue to conduct themselves for the good of the people of the country they will have my support.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 14:37 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Strange thing is I'm not to bothered with this one.

The lords have done more to preserve freedom in this country than the commons have over the last 30 years.

Who opposed the ID card system from the start and still does?

Who opposed the 3 month detention?

Why did Blair have to force through legislation to restrict the powers of the Lords?

This item on Wiki shows the difference between MP's and Lords in their views of the citizens of this country...

Clicky

As long as the lords continue to conduct themselves for the good of the people of the country they will have my support.

All valid points but i take issue with the need to spend £120k on a fancy light when we have people living on the streets, pensioners not being able to put the heating on and an ill-equipped Army.

If they need new offices fair enough, do they really need an underground tunnel to link the office and parliament?

That Battle of Beanfield link looks like a good read. Cheers, now i have something to do this afternoon. Very Happy

Kris, send your MP a similar email and see what he says. Thumbs Up

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

Kris, send your MP a similar email and see what he says. Thumbs Up

e-mail sent. Very Happy

As I say, the guy's a crook so I bet he's on board. Confused

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 15:02 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
As I say, the guy's a crook so I bet he's on board. Confused

Smile hehe, it will be interesting to see what he has to say for himself.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

All valid points but i take issue with the need to spend £120k on a fancy light when we have people living on the streets, pensioners not being able to put the heating on and an ill-equipped Army.

Agreed.

Andrew wrote:

If they need new offices fair enough, do they really need an underground tunnel to link the office and parliament?

It would cut security costs by Several hundred thousand a year.

Andrew wrote:

That Battle of Beanfield link looks like a good read. Cheers, now i have something to do this afternoon. Very Happy

Interesting reactions in that article. An MP says nothing is wrong yet an Earl ends up sueing virtually everyone when he claims it was ridiculous and violent.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2