Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what model should i choose

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

dangee

PostPosted: 11:22 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: what model should i choose Reply with quote

Hi i own a gsxr600 Razz , but the police in my area are having a major clamp down on bikes which are supposed to be restricted to 33bhp, They can pull u over and make u go to one of their garages straight away to see if the bike is actually restricted, if it ent you can be charged with driving without a license and driving without insurance Crying or Very sad .
This is why i want to buy a cheap 125, i used to own an rs and loved it but there are not any available for around £1000.
what is the difference between an nsr125 and an ns125r, which is best.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:49 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: why Reply with quote

why do you need to restrict your gsxr to 33bhp? that sounds mad? does that mean you have to have a restricted 125? cos they ant much fun restricted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dangee

PostPosted: 12:37 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to restrict it because i have had my license less than 2 years so i have to be on a bike which is 33bhp or less.
When it was restricted i would only pull 94mph so i derestricted it so it was full power (97 bhp) and have had 157 mph out of it. But now i am risking my license

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:00 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this clampdown happening?

(Slightly worried Rolling Eyes)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dangee

PostPosted: 13:12 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

its around the oxford area. it is happening because some old boy in reading who was supposed to be on a restricted bike lost control and crashed into a pedestrian n killed them, or paralysed them or something. That is what the dealer told me any way, he said that the police had been in to his shop to collect copies of all of the restrictor forms that he had done. What i am thinking of doing is making 4 new washers for my bike which have slightly bigger holes in them so they wont restrict the power as much, so if any does happen and my bike is taken apart it looks like that it is restricted.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:12 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: what model should i choose Reply with quote

Have you got a restricted licence? If so I'd just get a restrictor.

The NS is an older model with a tubular steel frame, less power when unrestricted and smaller tyres, still a decent bike especially if you can get one at a good price.
If you're getting an NSR make sure you get one that can be/ has been fully derestricted.
If you look on the visitors bikes section on nsr125.com Pauls bike is actually an NS.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:52 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a good idea, just drill the holes out bigger and nobody's the wiser (unless their idea of checking it is putting it on a dyno).

Glad to hear it's not around where I live though... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mat

PostPosted: 16:18 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangee wrote:

i need to restrict it because i have had my license less than 2 years so i have to be on a bike which is 33bhp or less.
When it was restricted i would only pull 94mph so i derestricted it so it was full power (97 bhp) and have had 157 mph out of it. But now i am risking my license

How high does it rev with the restricter fitted?

dangee

PostPosted: 16:27 - 19 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

it only revved to 7500rpm with the restrictors. without them it will rev to 14200rpm which is 700rpm into the red, in top gear though it will only reach 12300 rpm.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: 33 hp restrictor Reply with quote

wat most people do is buy the restriction kit, and with tat u get a form/certificate saying ur bike is restricted to 33hp

as long as ur mates with ur local "cowboy" garage theyll freely sign and stamp it for you!!!

then when u get pulled show them the certificate and off u go"""""!!!

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:26 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: Good idea... Reply with quote

I dont think its gonna work when your going 150mph and show them the certificate!!!!!
Dyl

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:47 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: Good idea... Reply with quote

going 150 you're gonna be prety fukd whatever...

Earlier today I was keeping up with a Lotus Elige (GT Elise?), but couldn't overtakes as there was no space. Looked down and realised I was doing over 120, thought about my 4 month old licence and decided I better slow down Crying or Very sad

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:32 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: 150 Reply with quote

have u been 150 G? what is its top speed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:33 - 24 Feb 2002    Post subject: 150 Reply with quote

nah, don't think I've done over 130... but I'm trying Smile to stay under 100, as I mentioned I wouldn't mind keeping my licence for a while.
I'm not actually that bothered by high speeds... with the double-bubble screen you really don't notice and it doesn't seem particularly scary or anything. IMHO decent acceleration and cornering are loads more 'exciting'.
AFAIK the top speed should be about 165-170. Me and some mates might be going over to the continent in the summer where I can more reasonably find out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1