BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bennetts's admin fee craze

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of crap that made me leave Bennetts several years ago, never to return. The last policy i had with them i had to leave running even after i had sold the bike, as cancelling would have been more expensive.

Even so i got a quote from them for the new bike just to see what prices were like... £450. Guess they need the cash to pay for all those TV ads.

Instead i went with a company called 1st Quote. Been with them before and never had any hassle, though to be fair i've never claimed... £85 Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bishbash
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...I just got a quote from Tesco insurance for £661 FC. Bennetts can definately go screw themselves and their admin fees.

Oh also, excess, do you pay exess when your at fault in an accident? Or do you pay excess in any claim?

BB

Trackday videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/bishbash13
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 08 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash wrote:
Oh also, excess, do you pay excess when your at fault in an accident? Or do you pay excess in any claim?

BB

It all depends, I've had a few car accidents over the past 11 years. First time I dealt almost solely with their insurance company and didn't have to pay the excess at all.

Second time i dealt through my company as the other driver didn't accept liability immediately. I initially paid the excess and then claimed it back from their insurance co through mine.

Third was 'my fault' so i paid the the excess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 10 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak from personal experiance with Bennetts but on saturday i phoned them up to tell them i was no longer on a provisional and that i would like pillion cover added aswell and there was no fee . The woman i spoke to was even quite suprised when the system didnt show a £25 admin fee as it had been the first thing she had warned me about.

c-m
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 28 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its all about e-bike.

When owning a 125 they are perfect on PAYG as you can cancell at anytime when you pass and get a bigger bike.

Of course PAYG is more expensive but you get a NCB every 8 months.

I passed my test in Feb and as e-bike allow you to do everything yourself online you can go on add bikes remove bikes change address and license all for free. Of course if your premium rises you have to pay the extra.

When I get my new bike I plan on insuring on a standard 1 year policy with ebike since they are not much more expensive than anyone else.

I was hit by a take-away driver last year and ebike and the laws, private doctors etc.. they use were very impressive. And that was on a third party pay as you go policy.

I did recently do a quote search and as I say they were more expensive than some brokers but not by too much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 29 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-m wrote:
I did recently do a quote search and as I say they were more expensive than some brokers but not by too much.

Swop to another bike and it may be totally diffrent.

krebsy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 30 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:

Instead i went with a company called 1st Quote. Been with them before and never had any hassle, though to be fair i've never claimed... £85 Laughing

I'm with 1st quote and the've been absolutely fine, though they are a broker, not an insurer.

I had the Divvy (£174 first year, £100 the next) then the ZZR-600 (£200 the first year then £113 the next) with them and only got an issue when I went to insure the VFR. KGM (the insurer I'd been with for 2yrs, 11 months through 1st Q.) said "You've no NCB with us so we won't insure the VFR. 1st quote reminded them that I had nearly 3 years worth, "Ok, so it's £118 to change the bike and £751 fully comp for the new one."

"Two words", said I, "one of them is 'off'..."

1st quote then ran the numbers through another insurer, losing me 11 months NCB Sad but getting me fully comp insurance on the VFR (after having a proper big national crash computer recorded smash Smile ) for £241.

Plus free breakdown cover and "Gold rider" extras on the policy (gear and lid cover etc...)

K.

1280 x 1024.

jack_zxr400
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 30 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be needing to get insurance soon..

been checking gocompare.com etc looking for prices

any insurance companies that people would recommend I check?

c-m
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 01 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
c-m wrote:

Swop to another bike and it may be totally diffrent.

Not too much really, i've ran quotes on:

GPZ500
ZZR600
CBR600
ZX6R

GPZ varies from £70-120
The others are around 350 ish

Obviously the extras and things make comparing exactly like for like difficult.

Was going to check the price on an R6 but would rather keep my anal virginaty.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2