Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

North West and North Wales fuel protest July 4th.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 06 Jun 2008    Post subject: North West and North Wales fuel protest July 4th. Reply with quote

https://www.wrexhamleader.co.uk/news/A55-fuel-protest-planned-through.4149861.jp

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2008/06/06/go-slow-fuel-protest-set-to-bring-a55-chaos-55578-21032248/

As this next fuel protest is a month away, I figured it needed it's own thread. Above is the link to the Wrexham Leader and the Daily Posts coverage of the story. At the time of writing the stories there were 116 group members on the Facebook website, now just one day later there are more than 860 members of the Facebook group set up by the organizers. EDITED....Make that 898 members....928...959...981 Smile
The protest will begin near Ellesmere port and take a route down the A55 to Colwyn Bay.

If you fancy joining in, log into Facebook and search for "fuel protest 2008".

Regards

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 07 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14983918531

That's the link to the group; 1100 people when I looked.

big2dave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 04:48 - 07 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill go

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 07 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14983918531

That's the link to the group; 1100 people when I looked.

Cheers! Smile

fuel protest
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:01 - 07 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im gwil and im one of the founding organisers of fuel protest 2008 north west and wales.
firstly a big thank you for starting this thread and helping raise awarness of the upcoming event,please if any of you wish to join us on the day please feel free to attend the more the better and maybe in return we can help promote your next gathering and get members to attend.
it has come to a head now and we need to stand united in this cause afterall we all use fuel and this is having a big affect on everyday life aswell.
at time of writting we now have well over 1100 members on face book (not bad in less than a week)
if anybody wants any further info you can see our group on facebook or contact ....
gwil > grsmechanical@hotmail.co.uk
mark>mark@aegis-consult.com
look forward to any and all support.....
Very Happy Very Happy regards gwil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 08 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a North East run too eh? Laughing, I don't wanna go back over the North West on my crap slow bike for a while...... Mr. Green
Would take me 3 or so hours getting there. Embarassed

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 08 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in this coming along. However, I don't use and won't sign up to facebook, so perhaps having a public source of info/arrangements would be more appropriate.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 08 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Facebook was used as a vehicle to get members, you don't have to be a member to join in this protest. When the info is available, I'll post it on this thread, unless Gwil beats me to it Very Happy (he is the main source)

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 08 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I've just realised that I'll be heading up from down south to go back home on the 4th July so can easily take a detour. Excellent! I'll be there hopefully!

Who else is going?

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 09 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there. The route ends at Colwyn Bay which is where I live, so wifey has offered to prepare lunch to a few of us Very Happy

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 10 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

4000+ people now.

Not sure how many of those will turn up, but word is certainly spreading!

fuel protest
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:38 - 10 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to keep you all informed..
the start will be the A5117 at stanlow and will be marked on the day,we will start to gather from 09.00 and we aim to set of 10-10.30 depending on numbers ...
we will then proceed to the M53 and then continue on to the A55 then onto the welsh assembly offices.
could i once again thank you all for your support and please keep telling your friends and family even neighbours about this also please please sign our online petition which can be found on facebook,
regards gwil[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

teampots
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:35 - 12 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be up for it depending on my vehicle options, might have a new bike by then so hopefully, also need to go to wrexham anyway

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:36 - 13 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike should be freshly serviced with new shoes on just in time for this protest, I took part in the Manchester /Salford M62 protest last thursday and I plan to attend as many of them as I can.
I found this link from the facbook page https://www.motorsickle.com/drivers.html
This should be interesting, though I'm waiting for news on a London blockade...

I'm thinking that London needs to be brought to a complete standstill, that means meeting before rush hour and totally cutting off the routes into the capital, Many Bikes and Many Heavy Vehicles.
The bikes should go in and swarm the important places, the commerce areas, whitehall, tube stations, airports, around downing street and basically make an very noticable racket...
The city would be brought to a standstill and it would be chaos, I think it should last for several hours and the goverment would then really start to feel the pressure.
Anyone with me? Any London natives or resident anarchist's up for a spot of warplanning?
Infact I'm going to make a new post for this lets make a plan... Mr. Green

damz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:07 - 13 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

any successful protest will pretty much need to be in the capital for the politicians to take notice.

only problem is that it would need to be a big protest to get attention and if it is big then the police will no doubt know about it and try and prevent it or make it less effective.

Greenchills
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:49 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we need the old big three unions back again. Theyd sort it out!

...unless the old dragon lady came out again

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

One called dear?...

Norfolk N Chance
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to do London

would be to attack it from all sides at the same time

if the heavy big rigs used the motorways, the police would head there first

the police can block off all major roads BUT any biker who can filter could run any back road into London
they cant block them all

if every biker from the surounding counties converged at the same time
just think what would happen
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk N Chance wrote:
the best way to do London

would be to attack it from all sides at the same time

if the heavy big rigs used the motorways, the police would head there first

the police can block off all major roads BUT any biker who can filter could run any back road into London
they cant block them all

if every biker from the surounding counties converged at the same time
just think what would happen

Getting the Police to block most/many of the major roads into London would be all the more effective if bikers didn't even bother to turn up.

scanny
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you guys be interested in joining the protests on july 19th? there are various locations around the uk all coordinated and it is only the first that we are doing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfoutunatly I can't make this one after all, as my bike is being serviced this thursday which will leave me skint anyhow Confused
All I can say to anyone that is going is make it there as early as possible, I missed the main pack at the Manchester /Salford ride but with another group of riders for the certainly made it worth it.
Thumbs Up Good luck

EDIT: Above poster get us soem details please, I'm up for that.

scanny
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right, a fuel protest has been organised in Manchester for the 19th July. This co-incides with about 10 other confirmed actions nationwide on that Saturday. Hopefully you can make it.

When: Saturday 19th July 2008 at 09:00

Where: Lymm Services M56/M6

Route: Down M56 towards Manchester, onto Princess Parkway, onto Mancunian Way then into City Centre

More details are here: Manchester Fuel protest flyer

If you have any questions, please contact manchesterfuelprotest@hotmail.co.uk

that is just the manchester protest. i wont put the site in the board as i dont have permission from admin but it is in my profile. you guys are more than welcome to join the protests and forum Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scanny
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi,
Was just wondering what we in the Notts / Derby area want to do on the 19th July, Do you want to repete the protest actions of June 14th? Do you want to make the Demo a longer one? (yes I know about the expense), Do we all want to load up the cars vans trucks motorcycles poster them up and spend a day in Skeggy? handing out flyiers for the site as they will have spent fuel money to get there too. Ok over to you lot give me your ideas and lets see what we come up with.

nottingham

scanny
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saturday 19th of July. Meet at 11am at Oxford services on the M40. Leaving for London via M40 to Meet the chiefs convoy from the M1, coverge on parliment square and do a drive by of Downing street, after hand delivering a letter addressed to the PM.

oxford
Quote:
Meet at South Mimms Services and heading off into London

see website for more info.

Cheers

we do not have the details on our site for this one

i am trying to get one in scotland if anyone is interested. again, for the 19th which these all are. there may also be another one in plymouth on that day too. i have asked the organiser to see about rallying his troops again from the one he did recently

although these are all one day protests, we are discussing our strategy with regards to what we are going to do to keep the pressure on and what the next step will be when we take it. these protests are largely recognised as events to gain support and increase the numbers.

was anyone here involved in the bikers protest in manchester?

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

scanny wrote:
was anyone here involved in the bikers protest in manchester?

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
All I can say to anyone that is going is make it there as early as possible, I missed the main pack at the Manchester /Salford ride but with another group of riders for the certainly made it worth it.
Thumbs Up Good luck

Rolling Eyes I just told you I was there lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2