Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Derestricting my moped

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dryani
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Derestricting my moped Reply with quote

Ok, first off the bike in question is a Roadrunner Classic 50cc, I have not received the scooter yet, but it is on its way. I wanted to gather some information beforehand while I wait for it to arrive.

I am interested in learning about its restrictions and derestricting it because I live on a hill and on a 35mmph road. I am 22 years old, and the scooter is primarily for my gf who is 21 years old. There are no legal complications where I live with derestricting the unit, and the reason I wish to derestrict instead of buying a more heavy duty model is because the 50cc model does not require licensing in my area, nor does it require insurance or motorcycle training.

My strong point is in computers and electronics, not mechanics, so I will be hiring someone to derestrict the unit for me. What I would like to know is if anybody knows how to derestrict the unit so I can show the mechanic a general jumping off point.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Re: Derestricting my moped Reply with quote

Dryani wrote:
My strong point is in computers and electronics, not mechanics, so I will be hiring someone to derestrict the unit for me. What I would like to know is if anybody knows how to derestrict the unit so I can show the mechanic a general jumping off point.


So hire someone who knows what to do is the best idea... Perhaps asking the shop you bought it from to do it would be the best way.
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 31.88 Kb