Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

challenge

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tom

PostPosted: 23:02 - 04 Dec 2001    Post subject: challenge Reply with quote

Can someone name all the supersport 125s available today? Apparently Sachs do one, i wondered if there are any other less well known manufacturers who make this kind of bike besides honda, aprilia, cagiva & Sachs?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan

PostPosted: 01:16 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: 4 stroke Reply with quote

Sachs are bringing out a 4 stroke 125 v twin. Should be a beut and wont seize like old 2 pokes. N e 1 no when its being released.
Dyl

Keith

PostPosted: 04:34 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: 4 Stroke Twin Reply with quote

Hi
Do you really want a bike that will just about manage, in full power form, to make the learner limit amount? It may be reliable, but then is a CG125, and given a choice between a CG and almost any 2 stroke sports 125 my choice would need 2 stroke oil
All the best
Keith

G

PostPosted: 05:16 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: v-twin 125 Reply with quote

All of the v-twin 125s I've seen are <ugh> cruiser styled (whats the point...). It might be in preperation for various anti-2 stroke legislation, but whatever, I doubt it'll be much good.
G

stan

PostPosted: 17:16 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: saches Reply with quote

I have seen the saches bike, it is really nice, it is modelled on an MV Augusta, if you want i will try and get a pick???

JASE

PostPosted: 17:42 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: HONDA LSR Reply with quote

There is also a import, the HONDA LSR 125, looks like a Flat NSR, I think its got the same power plant as the NSR, it's cheep as well only £2599 !!!

kewbie

PostPosted: 18:00 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: sach Reply with quote

I havent heard about any other sporty 125s.
The only ones I know are
Aprilia RS125
Honda NSR125
Cagiva Mito
Sach xtc 125
The Sach one is the worst out of the 4. In my opion this is because ot doesn't have any unique points, its not as good looking as the Mito, its the slowest and its just as un-reliable as the RS and Mito. Its also not as adjustable as the RS (preload etc), and probly the other bikes. Even one of the bike mags (superbikes and Performance bikes) rated it last against the competition. It's a german based company, and they have brough a new 'model' (just paint) based on the MV agusta.
I have heard rumers that Derbi might bring out a GPR125 (which I think would kickass) and that Gilera might do the same, both basing their bikes on ther GP125 technology, which they seem to now alot about with them winning shit loads
l8r
Ryan

jase

PostPosted: 21:17 - 05 Dec 2001    Post subject: Gilera & Derbi Reply with quote

Gilera & Derbi are both owed by Piaggio, Next year(2003) there bring out a 125cc super sport, it looks like the 90's Gilera supersport bikes. De-restricted they get about 39bhp
The New Gilera bike would be the only other 125 i would trade my NSR for.

Keith

PostPosted: 02:44 - 06 Dec 2001    Post subject: Gilera 125 Reply with quote

Hi
We bought a Gilera CX125 in 1991. This is the one with the single sided fork and swinging arm.
It is the most unreliable bike I have ever come across.
After 1400km the electrics fried. The electronic rev counter was just like burnt toast and the bike would barely run (any throttle at all and it died). When the bits to fix this finally came through the bike seized a main bearing, absolutely solid. After fixing this it still ran badly, which turned out to be ignition problems (in this case due to the no OE ignition switch fitted as they hadnt sent the original one back). After this it still ran badly which turned out to be the attomiser tube in the carb had sheared off (vibration), bending the needle jet. Finally all this was fixed.
The bike would flood if the fuel was left on, but flood VERY quickly if you turned the fuel off while it was parked. A Gilera place fixed this, and it went fine for a week. Then it flooded badly, but I didnt realise this and removed the spark plug and turned the engine over. Out came the petrol which got ignited. One insurance claim later and some new parts arrived, but I really could not be bothered to do the work. Finally did about 2 years ago, and found the power valve had seized solid. Replaced this and put it back together, and found the bodywork had turned brittle with age. MOTd the bike and it seized the top end on the way back from the MOT. Rebuilt the top end but now having problems getting the radiator to bleed through (had this problem before).
The last Gilera sport 125 was the GFR125. This wasnt bad, and felt quick. A PB road test between the GFR and the RS commented that the Gilera felt quickest, but the RS was the quickest.
The Sachs just uses a TZR 125 engine.
All the best
Keith

Dylan

PostPosted: 00:54 - 07 Dec 2001    Post subject: Me thinks it would be good Reply with quote

It would have great fuel economy, well cheap insurance etc. It wouldnt be as fast but would have more low down grunt from the v-twin powerplant. It is a sports bike and not a cruiser.
Dyl
gp's have gone 4 stroke so so should we.

jase

PostPosted: 02:32 - 07 Dec 2001    Post subject: Gilera! Reply with quote

M bro has a NEW GILREA DNA 125, its very fast 75mph (restricted)it beat my Nsr when it was restricted, Its got no gears, and a false fuel tank, so you can store things in.
BUT.....Its very rustable, the exhaust started to rust the day after he got it! Digital speedo has broke twice.
Building of the Bike is SHIT, but is only £2399, that scooter £ (but is it a scooter?)

Viper

PostPosted: 05:09 - 07 Dec 2001    Post subject: Crappy shitty little things... Reply with quote

No offense to your brother, but i have a SERIOUS hate for those damn little things.
My bike is still restricted, and i have been had off the lights by two of those crappy little shitty things now!!
Probably given the fecking "riders" a bit ego trip, and shamed the whole nsr population.
But you just have to look at someone sat on those bloody things, they look so completely stupid!!
They remind me of the little rocking 'things' on springs at the kiddies playground!
....does anyone know what i am talking about....!!
...someone back me up here....!
...And YES its a F***ING scooter!!!
Yours Sincerely (!)
~V~

Viper

PostPosted: 05:14 - 07 Dec 2001    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

I think all this late nite essay writing, with no food, is starting to dissolve my brain.
I think i should leave uni and go home now!
I think i need to lie down!

Richard

PostPosted: 16:25 - 07 Dec 2001    Post subject: i know the ones... Reply with quote

u mean, the little wooden things that usually get painted red and have a brown seat.. hahaha... damn shitty little dna's, i tell u what they r, wannabe bikes... and get that damn thing against a derestricted nsr and theres no competition!
fuckin wannabes... grrrrr
l8r
zimma
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1