Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Dude.....where's my 2-stroke oil cap???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:16 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Dude.....where's my 2-stroke oil cap??? Reply with quote

Mornin' all.

Ok so went to top up my 2-stroke oil the other day, got the tank up and was somewhat perplexed to see that the screw cap for my oil reservoir was no longer there. It was there when I last topped up, an I sure as hell screwed it down nice an tight.

However, after searching around I can confirm its gone for good, must have came out on the road or something. For the time being I've had to resort to getting a tin foil cake tin thing and some elastic bands but I doubt thats gonna hold for long and I have a sneaking suspicion that if water should get into that reservoir my engine wont like it and I'll be back on the buses for the foreseeable.

So, anyone know where I can get a replacement for it? Anyone want to sell me one? Any better ideas for a bodge job??

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed NSR125

Cheers!

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cling film and elastic bands.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:10 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here https://www.bestpricehondaparts.com/?gclid=CODZtcD9t5QCFQHqXgodFywnUQ
then type 55105GK8000 (oil cover+seal) £6
and 55121GW2000 (oil guide) £1.82
you may also go to davidsilverspares.co.uk but you will have a delay of 1 week on delivery
i just have a comment : when the cover is screwed it's impossible to unscrew , so you forgot to put it back or somebody has stollen it
____________________
the worst day fishing is better than the best day working
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

PeterNSR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you live Ghostrider?
____________________
Current: Honda NSR 125 Smile

My bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alains, you are indeed a saint Thumbs Up

Quote:
Where do you live Ghostrider?


South Birmingham amigo, literally a stones throw from the old Rover plant.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alun111
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe lock-wire it in this time?
____________________
Summer: '00 Honda CB600F Hornet
Winter: '93 Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit VP Variable Valve
Past Bikes: Lifan LF100-5 Lifan LF125-A Honda C70
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

PeterNSR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Thanks alains, you are indeed a saint Thumbs Up

Quote:
Where do you live Ghostrider?


South Birmingham amigo, literally a stones throw from the old Rover plant.

GhostRider


OK cool do you know worcestershire
____________________
Current: Honda NSR 125 Smile

My bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know hammond's Laughing
____________________
the worst day fishing is better than the best day working
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:44 - 27 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterNSR wrote:
GhostRider wrote:
Thanks alains, you are indeed a saint Thumbs Up

Quote:
Where do you live Ghostrider?


South Birmingham amigo, literally a stones throw from the old Rover plant.

GhostRider


OK cool do you know worcestershire


Indeed, have driven through it on my way to the Malverns before

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.53 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 70.32 Kb