Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mistergixer's BCF & Biking dictionary.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:22 - 15 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
Why isn't this stickied? Razz This probably helps a lot of noobs.

It's in the sticky at the top of General chat; ya'know the one that says 'useful threads - check here first!' which no one reads because it's a sticky Wink.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 15 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
This probably helps a lot of noobs.

Most noobs don't leave the noob section...mistergixer would be better off putting it in there, then pm'ing every single person that posts there, because they would never think of reading the rules or heaven forbid hitting the search button before entering their own 'individual' post... Laughing (I say individual with overtones of sarcasm).

HD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 09 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt a tankslapper when your balls hit the tank, not the bars? Confused

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:26 - 09 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendaman wrote:

No, it's when the bars hit the tank.
What you're thinking of is generally called Arrrggghhhgfffffuuccckckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 09 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendaman wrote:

Thats a case of too much front brake and it fucking hurts.

I had an old bike cleaned for me as a favour for food in work(i worked as a chef at the time and they owned a hand car wash) and the polish shit they put on the seat made it as slippery as buggery. First time i hit the brake my arse slid forward and my nuts ended up somewhere in my stomach. Shocked Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 09 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I just remember when I used to motocross and your back end goes from side to side and you nearly fall off and you are jumping round the bike but you manage to stay on and you crack your bollocks on the tank in the process haha. Oh well. Now I know. Thanks guys Mr. Green

CRF_Rider
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:45 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

supermoto should be added in Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 67 days between these two posts...

biker58
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:23 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have chicken strips!! Cool

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

thread necromancy

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker58 wrote:
I have chicken strips!! Cool

Thats nice to know....

Why was this never stickied? Im not very inclined to complain about the bump because of the awesomeness of this thread.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:13 - 18 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

computid wrote:

Why was this never stickied? Im not very inclined to complain about the bump because of the awesomeness of this thread.

Perhaps because people like you don't read the stickies?

If you had, you'd have seen it's listed in the sticky Smile

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 18 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Perhaps because people like you don't read the stickies?

If you had, you'd have seen it's listed in the sticky Smile

Woops Embarassed . That just shows how observant I am!

RePT
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:06 - 18 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Ranger – a derogatory term, typically applied to owners of sportsbikes who have 1-piece leathers colour-matched to their bikes.

^love this.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 238 days between these two posts...

kotachi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:13 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I suggest adding TL;DR? Took me a while to figure that one out if i'm honest..
Suntan Sid said: "Look at it this way, your employer wants to pay you the minimum amount, it thinks it can get away with, and extract from you the maximum amount of graft. Ergo it's your responsibility to ensure that karma is restored and you do as little work as you think you can get away with, for the maximum amount of money."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotachi wrote:
Can I suggest adding TL;DR? Took me a while to figure that one out if i'm honest..

It's not a biking term though mate. There are shit loads of things like that I have and do have to Google Laughing

kotachi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:18 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but it is a BCF term! Like regularly used on this forum/anything Tef posts on... xD
Suntan Sid said: "Look at it this way, your employer wants to pay you the minimum amount, it thinks it can get away with, and extract from you the maximum amount of graft. Ergo it's your responsibility to ensure that karma is restored and you do as little work as you think you can get away with, for the maximum amount of money."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotachi wrote:

I would like to suggest that etc is also added to the list. Whilst acknowledging that the word is not exclusive to the biking world, it is used a lot on this site and I think that some people may struggle to grasp its meaning.

kotachi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:29 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha bloody ha. Embarassed

mistergixer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotachi wrote:
Can I suggest adding TL;DR?

Yup, you can.

Wink
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kotachi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:54 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:
kotachi wrote:
Can I suggest adding TL;DR?

Yup, you can.

Wink

And will you put it on? Wink

I just wanted to bump this thread really, as it is awesome and made of win.

mistergixer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotachi wrote:

And will you put it on? Wink

If someone asked, I might.
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube

cornish
Forum Conscience

PostPosted: 12:03 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to check this quite often

https://www.urbandictionary.com/

as i am not down with the kids and had no idea what HTH, FTFY, IIRC etc meant Thumbs Up

I have a suggestion for the dictionary Mr G. Wet Dream came up in a thread recently, is it worthy of a place?

promufa
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:40 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: Mistergixer's BCF & Biking dictionary. Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:

Duke – a Ducati ?!?!?!motorbike. Expensive, exotic and beautiful to behold – which is just as well, as it gives the owner something nice to look at whilst he waits for the breakdown recovery truck to arrive.

Otherwise agreed with the statement

EDIT: or maybe.. oooh I see what you did there!

hellbound
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kwack(er) – a Kawasaki motorbike. Kwackers are the mortal enemy of Gixers, and are usually owned by gheys.

So you and I are mortal enemies....and I am ghey?

"Subframe twisted" which bit is the subframe exactly?

Never have got this to be honest.

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 13 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbound wrote:

"Subframe twisted" which bit is the subframe exactly?

Never have got this to be honest.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/subframe.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4