Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Secret Government Freezing Death Ray Discovered!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Secret Government Freezing Death Ray Discovered! Reply with quote

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/15/goddard_arctic_ice_mystery/

The public have a right to know.

Of course, I REALISE that this sort of POST isn't CREDIBLE UNLESS I capitalise a few RANDOM words, but this dam tinfoil HAT keeps SLIPPING down over my eyes!!!??!

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all BS , submarines have surfaced at the north pole many times so its been relatively ice free for ages.

The question to ask is...

So how will more taxes that none of which will be spent on environmental causes improve the environment?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Re: Secret Government Freezing Death Ray Discovered! Reply with quote

You wear a fucking 12 inch thick lead hat fella! you must fucking do to be so blind to whats happening in the world around you,and its not even funny:?

Quote:
Of course, I REALISE that this sort of POST isn't CREDIBLE UNLESS I capitalise a few RANDOM words, but this dam tinfoil HAT keeps SLIPPING down over my eyes!!!??!

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis things like this that re-affirm my belief that the ONLY reason the govt is making such a big deal out of global warming is because there is money in it..

I wonder who worked out that listening to the eco-hippies would equal big money?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

global problems are needed to create a global structure of power to deal with the issues.we are ok for the next ten years though,although we may as well use that time to bring into global carbon taxes just in case the problem comes back.

Researchers studying long-term changes in sea temperatures said they now expect a "lull" for up to a decade while natural variations in climate cancel out the increases caused by man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

The average temperature of the sea around Europe and North America is expected to cool slightly over the decade while the tropical Pacific remains unchanged.
This would mean that the 0.3°C global average temperature rise which has been predicted for the next decade by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change may not happen, according to the paper published in the scientific journal Nature.
However, the effect of rising fossil fuel emissions will mean that warming will accelerate again after 2015 when natural trends in the oceans veer back towards warming, according to the computer model.

i didt realize the sea which is warmed and cooled by the temperature of the sun could make such a turn around for us.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 11 years and 4 months before it really started to kick in.

I always wondered what caused the Grand Canyon or the Deserts that were around when they built the Pyramids?

Or what catastrophic accident that caused the two poles to freeze in the first place. That can't be natural all that ice. who put the salt in the sea too? They are the ones that need to be taxed for buggering up good drinking water, fertile land and flat ground and what about the Salt Lake Flats? thats not right either.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 01:19 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all the methane and CO2 from the dinosaur farts. Lord Tyranosaur made a law stating any dinosaurs farting would be put to death for causing global warming, so he ended up killing them all, the dinosaurs died out and the world then froze instead.

Global warming is just another good way to oppress. The ozone layer healed itself, so no doubt once everyones recycling their poo and feeding daffodils to their car engine the climate will repair itself too according to 'official sources'. Then it'll be something else, probably overpopulation, so birth control and sex tax.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
. The ozone layer healed itself, so no doubt once everyones recycling their poo and feeding daffodils to their car engine the climate will repair itself too according to 'official sources'. Then it'll be something else, probably overpopulation, so birth control and sex tax.

erm the ozone hole hasn't healed itself its still there just that it doesn't get published about much...

This serves as a good example however in that humanity changed its ways and stopped using CFCs (in the western world anyway) as much, and in all probability used a cheaper alternative to boost profits...

And its still not healed or stopped growing..
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 14:00 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

erm the ozone hole hasn't healed itself its still there just that it doesn't get published about much...

And its still not healed or stopped growing..

Got any sources? I was thinking about the Ozone layer the other day, as a prime example of enviro-panicking that amounted to nothing, but got lots of great publicity for otherwise-irrelevant groups and organisations.

When I was a kid in the 80's and 90's, the word on the street was that we would all be dead by the time I was 20 because of CFC's. We all seem to be pretty much alive and kicking despite me being almost 30.

It was all a load of supposition and bollocks - just as man-made 'climate change' is - which has already been stealthily changed from 'global warming' as the 'facts' didn't support the hysterical conclusions.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 14:09 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it hasn't healed but apparently it's in the process of repairing itself. And it hasn't been mentioned in the news for about 10years purely because it serves no purpose anymore as it was blamed on CFCs and we don't use them. They might find it growing again though soon and start blaming it on carbon dioxide, thats if the evidence of global warming starts to dwindle (like it is).

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
No it hasn't healed but apparently it's in the process of repairing itself.

Repairing ITSELF? Oh, PLEASE - you'll be telling us NEXT that the TWIN TOWERS fell down all by THEMSELVES.

When are you people going to LEARN?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

Got any sources? I was thinking about the Ozone layer the other day, as a prime example of enviro-panicking that amounted to nothing, but got lots of great publicity for otherwise-irrelevant groups and organisations.

When I was a kid in the 80's and 90's, the word on the street was that we would all be dead by the time I was 20 because of CFC's. We all seem to be pretty much alive and kicking despite me being almost 30.

It was all a load of supposition and bollocks - just as man-made 'climate change' is - which has already been stealthily changed from 'global warming' as the 'facts' didn't support the hysterical conclusions.

How come I get the feeling that I've stepped into a large cow pat and with my other foot stepped into another.. and I'm essentially standing in two piles of cack?...

anyway

I did post my scepticism just in not so explict terms , ie we did what we were supposed to do ie remove CFCs and nothing happened.

I have a feeling some big companies held some more profitable patents on alternatives to CFCs made a fat wad of money out of it.

I'm not a fan of CFC theory though in that CCl3F (A simple CFC) is er not done chemistry for ages.... erm Carbon , Clorine and 3 Florine is 4 atoms or is it ions? , means its heavier than the air. Hence people just cashed in on it chasing an incorrect theory unrelated to CFCs or something like that....

Much like plenty of people are cashing in on MMGW,

Also bothers me less due to my darker skin than the natives.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:07 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ages since I read anything on the hole in the ozone layer.

Best I could make out the hole was found, but could have been there for ages.

It has changed in size, not necessarily at the times CFC use was cut down. And nobody has explained how a heavier than air gas has such an effect at high altitude. However ozone is generated at lower levels near the equator and moved up and towards the poles.

However moving to non CFC based chemicals for aerosol cans and refrigerants was pretty much a low cost change. Real cost was so minimal that it was easier to change than do more research to find out.

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1