Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to get away with possession of over 1oz of coke.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: How to get away with possession of over 1oz of coke. Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1039493/One-law-billionaires-Tetra-Pak-heir-wife-caught-crack-cocaine-heroin-wont-face-court.html

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:17 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for them. Smile

yandy_yay
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:18 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate very rich t0ss3rs !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:27 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why i'm surprised.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:36 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Man-jailed-dealer/article-247492-detail/article.html

Just dug that up, lives round the corner from me, similar amount of drugs but gets 2 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the logic was that over an oz couldn't be construed as intent to supply due to the wealth of the possessor.

But one could also assume that such a defence would not be afforded to a normal user caught with only coke and no paraphenalia of supply (scales etc).

"You're rich, therefore not a supplier, you other guys are poor, so must be suppliers." Assumption and defence based upon wealth, not law. Or, to put it another way, you may safely possess large amounts of class-A if you're rich, but not if you're poor.

Another small nail in the coffin of justice. No issue with the rich being let off, my issue is with normal people not being treated the same.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

Another small nail in the coffin of justice. No issue with the rich being let off, my issue is with normal people not being treated the same.

I don't think there is room for another, its already covered in the darn things as it is...
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had enough money to buy your way out you would, they shouldn't have faced punishment for it anyway.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:06 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
https://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Man-jailed-dealer/article-247492-detail/article.html

Just dug that up, lives round the corner from me, similar amount of drugs but gets 2 years.

If the law was fair, poor people would get the same lawyers as rich people.

Rich people can buy a more favourable version of justice.

Life isnt fair, anyone who says it is, is living in dream world.

I'd love to hear what the CPS give as their reason for not prosecuting the tetra pak heir, while sending someone else down for 2 years.

Not that the excuse matters really. Bottom line is the rules dont apply to everyone. Its just not often that this fact is publicised.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:40 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think how fare it is when a rich person gets sued for the same remark to a female colleague as a normal person but the rich person pays thousands and the normal person just gets told to say sorry.

If I won the lottery I would use my dosh to get away with as much as I could. if i wascaught speeding i would use that loopwholw lawyer. if i got caught with my pants down in the car with a load of hot ladies i would use my dosh to either hush it up or advertise that i could get real women into my car without first hitting them with a spade.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

or advertise that i could get real women into my car without first hitting them with a spade.

How the hell you do that then? Please, I really need to know, as the forensic evidence is mounting.....

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Quote:

or advertise that i could get real women into my car without first hitting them with a spade.

How the hell you do that then? Please, I really need to know, as the forensic evidence is mounting.....

GhostRider

Win the lottery. Very Happy
Money talks and everyone jumps to the money tune.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is money and there is MONEY, the tetrapak guys have billions,

in the rag todat the boss of dabs worth 11mil was in court on drug possession.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 11:55 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I..."You're rich, therefore not a supplier...

Hmmmm Thinking
I'd have thought the opposite, but that's just my opinion you understand.

The logic would go, you're rich, therefore you could be rich by being a supplier therefore we'll treat you as such and seize your assets until you prove you're innocent.

I guess that you be the case for a wealth(ish) Joe/Jane Public without the heritage of the guy mentioned.

Again, as said, a sad reflection of the legal system.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
No there is money and there is MONEY, the tetrapak guys have billions,

in the rag todat the boss of dabs worth 11mil was in court on drug possession.

"Atherton, aged 50, of Victoria Road, Heaton, has been charged with attempted rape, possession of drugs, false imprisonment and making threats to kill".

Not quite the same charges really.......

Quote:
The logic would go, you're rich, therefore you could be rich by being a supplier therefore we'll treat you as such and seize your assets until you prove you're innocent.

Yeah but you dont get Tetrapak rich by flogging an ounce of Chez, you'd need to be shipping kilos/tons for that kind of money. I know several people who were at one time or another involved in, lets say, non-taxable activities who did very well out of it, but really werent that well off, nor to they look like they possessed the money they did either.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 22 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer...

You, of all people, should take what you read in the Daily Wail with a pinch of salt.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 22 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
Hetzer...

You, of all people, should take what you read in the Daily Wail with a pinch of salt.

Depends if it backs up or denounces one of his theories or belief systems. Laughing Wink

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:23 - 22 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok which bit of the story do you think isnt true ?

In a twisted kind of way, the CPS decision almost makes sense in one way. If the major harm that drugs do, is the crimes users are willing to commit to buy the drugs, someone who has enough money to buy drugs without any need to ever commit crimes no matter how addicted they get, should be let off.

I dont actually agree with that, but its sort of a valid argument.

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 23 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Next time I get done with drugs I'll claim that I was going to give them away for free and didn't intend to profit by my actions.

Thumbs Up
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 23 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

"Atherton, aged 50, of Victoria Road, Heaton, has been charged with attempted rape, possession of drugs, false imprisonment and making threats to kill".

Not quite the same charges really.......

I only saw the headline while I was in the petrol station... Embarassed
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1