Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another police driver kills

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:29 - 25 Aug 2008    Post subject: Another police driver kills Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7580323.stm

Not much detail on this report, just that a 61 year old woman has been killed by a police car.

I wonder what's happened this time?

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 25 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it was a young driver who had just passed his police qualification who stuck the sirens and blue lights on to get a takeaway for his mates. So sayeth the newspaper.

Confused

I wonder if the justice system will fail us again this time.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 25 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:

I wonder if the justice system will fail us again this time.

Under the laws the government has made?

Of course it will.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 01:30 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be put on litter duty for a week, if he's unlucky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:41 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

if what sond says is true he will go to prison death by dangerous driving Exclamation

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:30 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There coud be another side to this.

wheres the headline "Senile old bint walks into road without looking" Laughing

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roads are for vehicles.

Pavements are for pedestrians.

I haven't seen a Daily Mail style 'Vehicle mounted the pavement' photo.

So i'll assume she was in the road.

Can't make futher comment without the facts. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the police I have come across have been tossers, but I don't like the way everyone jumps to assume they must be doing something wrong.

Upon meeting the police I'm always polite and courteous, because they deserve respect the same as anyone else. If they are a cunt then that changes IMO

I got cut up by a rozzer car the other day in the cage, I sounded the horn and got hazard lights and a wave of sorry.

I wonder if it would be a different story if an old woman had been hit by an ambulance with sirens on.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyroforlife wrote:
but I don't like the way everyone jumps to assume they must be doing something wrong.

Who has jumped to assume anything about this? So far evidence (from an officer) shows a cop was racing to the takeaway with his sirens on. If this part of the story alone is true he was abusing his power and should be sacked even if the woman jumped out (nothing suggests this at the minute).

Quote:
I wonder if it would be a different story if an old woman had been hit by an ambulance with sirens on.

Doubt it. Saying that, are there any available statistics on emergency services accidents?

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
pyroforlife wrote:
but I don't like the way everyone jumps to assume they must be doing something wrong.

Who has jumped to assume anything about this? So far evidence (from an officer) shows a cop was racing to the takeaway with his sirens on. If this part of the story alone is true he was abusing his power and should be sacked even if the woman jumped out (nothing suggests this at the minute).

Sorry, I was meaning more generally, you know, every other thread that involves the police....

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyroforlife wrote:

Sorry, I was meaning more generally, you know, every other thread that involves the police....

Pyro

Not starting an argument, just wanted to say... there is a very good reason for that.

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:38 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
Who has jumped to assume anything about this? So far evidence (from an officer) shows...

Its not evidence from an officer, its from a newspaper saying its from an officer.

I dont know of any police officer that would talk to the media straight after an incident like this...would take quotes like that with a big pinch of salt

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 02:50 - 27 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyroforlife wrote:
in the cage, I sounded the horn and got hazard lights and a wave of sorry.

Bet it was a beat bobby, try that to a Traffic car and you may aswell drive yourself to the police station. I was cut up by an unmarked police vectra earlier this year, he used the left only lane on a roundabout to go straight ahead and came up my inside and sat there forcing me to floor it to try and get infront before he forced me into opposite side of the road on the exit.

About 2miles later he eventually pulled me under the guise of a routine stop and mentioned that I cut him up, he refused to admit he was in the wrong, when there's paint on the roundabout to prove otherwise.

I haven't jumped on the all cops are responsibe for everything and are murderes bandwagon at all, but the fact that cops seem to be able to get away with murder and are allowed to be treated differently to public during investigations seems to be proving itself recently.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 27 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we need something like the ICAC a HK body which actually has powers and isn't like the IPPC which is stuffed full of ex cops who never find anybody guilty.

The ICAC is feared amongst civil servants (inc police) and corrupt police or police who go above their powers really do get thrown off the force and get put into prison.

My dad remembers a case from the 90s where a cop was humiliated , cop pulled a gun , guy said just cus your a cop doesn't mean its carte blanche , cop pistol whipped him , and falsified a report saying he was being attacked..

Result? , cop lost his pension was put in prison for 3 years and was thrown off the force.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 16:19 - 28 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
, he refused to admit he was in the wrong, when there's paint on the roundabout to prove otherwise.

I had the exact same thing happen to me at a roundabout.

Annoying when I knew I was in the right and had to pretend that I was apologising not to do it again. As it happened I was being a bit illegal in another way, so I didnt want an argument, in case that got found out.

I know someone in the police, and he knows of an incident in which unnecessary careless driving from a policeman resulted in someone getting a broken back.

He was kicked out of the police, but wasnt charged.

Unfortunately, you need some arrogant wankers for the rough stuff that the police have to do, and its not always possible to keep them in check.

I have to admit, I'd prefer the police to be pricks who arent afraid of getting stuck in when needed and fuck up sometimes, than sensitivity trained social workers.

Wise1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 07 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
I have to admit, I'd prefer the police to be pricks who arent afraid of getting stuck in when needed and fuck up sometimes, than sensitivity trained social workers.

Exactly Thumbs Up

In this case it should not be too hard to find out whats happened, police cars are now fitted with equipment that give you read outs of what he was doing as the incident happened.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1