Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What are the answers?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: What are the answers? Reply with quote

don't really know how to put this post but..what are the solutions to the situations/unwanted rules and regulations we are currently facing.

if your a hardcore truth seeker who's aware that false flag operations are a fact,world domination and enslavement are goals..or your just pissed off about uneeded/wanted laws that have no backing by the general public being pushed forward if you like it or not..pay as you drive for instance..

some people see no issues..others but a few..and a few..see a lot.
i could list issue after issue im sure your own will come to mind..the EU for me is a huge issue..the power structure of this country being handed over..without even much of a debate..its as though a few 100 people are controlling the lives of millions..how does one change the paradigm of a government from one that thinks it can do as it wants..to one thats out to serve the nation in such a way that each year that goes by..life actually becomes easier and more pleasant to experience..

its so much more complex than "cut all taxes and shut the fuck up" im aware of this.. but what about choices such as going to war? why is it the fate of a nation comes down to just a few men... who here voted to send our body to iraq? how does the freedom of a country rot so such you cant even have your say in the middle of the street without a permit..or be arrested?

protesting will not change a thing "there at it again" "ew fuck em write some more legislation after lunch and send the riot squad in-oh and don't forget to get the media to knock out the image that there tin foil hat wearing lunatics"

over throwing a government will not work..it would result in utter chaos if successful and i doubt it would be unsuccessful..would just give the army something to do.

voting for "leaders" every few years and letting them get on with it does not work..if youv been watching the American convention lately with 1000"s of people screaming for obama..they actually think things are going to change for the better Shocked Shocked when its about to get worse over there than its Ever been..not to mention the usa government has been telling us to expect a big attack early on in the next presidents office term to "test" his strength Shocked

the control off a country and its effects on the world need to be in the hands of more..big issues Should be voted on by the hole country..because thats who the government is working for not the other way around..yea not every one would be happy with each out come.. it be a dam lot better than it is now ..how could we ever to get to this point?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your perfect system ie referenda it would probably be even worse, since people generally do not understand the issues they vote upon.

If you've noticed recently there are tons of pro ID card folks, pro draco style laws put in etc...

And people don't think it through properly.

The baby boomers are THE most guilty of this, they voted for small pension contributions AND took them back in the form of tax cuts, AND expect workers now to pay their impossible pensions.

This has effectively doomed everybody under 35 to working just to pay for their pensions , since the boomers form a massive voting block any moves to change this just won't happen...

The boomers effectively sewed the seeds of their own downfall..

Also people vote selfishly too , in that they do what is good for THEM not for the good of society.

Good for society would be a Hong Kong based flat rate tax system, which has higher personal allowances for children/dependents/education rather than state handouts.

This means that if you have a child you are NOT given X amount of money for that child , instead your personal allowance goes up a fair bit, although this involves an element of robbing peter to pay paul , paul still has to go out and work to benefit from the extra allowance.

A system would this would destroy the chav class overnight.

My own imperfect system is probably a well educated beneviolent dicatorship, in that such a government can take long term decisions and make long term decisions in the interest of society which are unpopular.....
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: What are the answers? Reply with quote

mad_man wrote:
but..what are the solutions to the situations/unwanted rules and regulations we are currently facing.

I reckon mass disobedience, although a decent percentage would have to be on side. Only way to get that is to get your message out locally with leaflet drops, council meetings, resident associations etc. I reckon grass roots level is the key, eventually if individual groups get big enough they will naturally merge anyway...

Am I hopeful? Can't be sure. The mugs will accept anything nowadays, basically whatever the telly says.

Carbon Dioxide a devil gas? Hell yea we can believe that! Iraq's WMDs? Hell yea we can believe that! Russians attacked Georgia first? Hell yea we can believe that! Ad infinitum..

Not many seriously believe tyranny can happen here. Until that figure reaches decent proportions we are stuffed, IMO of course.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had the answers would we know what to do with them? Would we be able to implement them? Who would then be the down trodden seeking the truth?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
In your perfect system ie referenda it would probably be even worse, since people generally do not understand the issues they vote upon.

If you've noticed recently there are tons of pro ID card folks, pro draco style laws put in etc...

And people don't think it through properly.

The baby boomers are THE most guilty of this, they voted for small pension contributions AND took them back in the form of tax cuts, AND expect workers now to pay their impossible pensions.

This has effectively doomed everybody under 35 to working just to pay for their pensions , since the boomers form a massive voting block any moves to change this just won't happen...

The boomers effectively sewed the seeds of their own downfall..

Also people vote selfishly too , in that they do what is good for THEM not for the good of society.

To paraphrase; "panem et circenses"

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:00 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally I have no issue with the basic idea of a united Europe. That is very different to being happy with the current structure of the EU.

Voting wise we have a seriously screwy voting system. Pretty much limits it to a couple of parties and forces an adversorial political system. That said a true PR system does result in tiny parties having massive amounts of say. Maybe to keep some geographical accountability have a PR election for each county.

While I do think we have loads of pointless unnecessary laws I do not see this as a conspiracy. I see it as largely a result of the voting system. You vote for a party with a load of policies many of which you will object to.

Another problem is politicians wanting to be seen be doing something, along with apathy about the minor fiddling that is all the is left for them to fiddle with. So you land up with 10% for the legislation and 9% against so things get passed, despite 80%+ not giving a damn. Hunting with dogs for example.

All the best

Keith

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Its not so much a my system..the my perhaps should be replaced with the word our,im not silly enough to expect a perfect system after all we are on a rock thats spinning at 1000"s of mph and traveling where at fuck knows what speed. a little more imput from many more minds would no doubt be a good thing,imagine that only a number of people that matched the number of active politicians had the right to invent things and we were limited to just there progress through out all of history..the world created by human would"t be a fraction of what it is. i feel the direction of the world works in a similar way.

A big step would be to create a system that informs the public of the issues at hand..there short/long terms effects..the days of the fear mongering "who got stabbed and which mp got caught with his cock out in a public toilet" BBC came to an end.

i understand the rest of what your saying..crazy idea but if this system ever were to come into play..before people vote they should have to show that they do understand the issue..some how.

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 02 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
If we had the answers would we know what to do with them? Would we be able to implement them? Who would then be the down trodden seeking the truth?

find the answers first Laughing

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 01:33 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you mean like all the laws that start off as a small incident, then the bbc news report "there are calls to do this and that" then there's a suggestion of what might happen with regards to a new law, then it happens, no questions asked.

The next example I can see coming of this is the recent kid being shot in the head by an unattended air rifle and subsequently dying. Days later there were "calls" to restrict sale, useage etc of airguns and soon I imagine they're either going to put them onto firearms certificates or do something else ridiculous because ONE moron causes an accident that could've happened regardless of the new law being in place and this unknown, faceless, minority collection of people making these "calls" change the law.

Everyone who abides by the laws suffers, the only ones who don't are those that break them in the first place, making the creation of new laws a pointless way of controlling the lawless...obviously... Rolling Eyes

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs to get to a tipping point, a critical mass where doing nothing is going to be worse than doing something.

At the moment the government is busy trying to encourage people into mortgages they can ill afford while trying to prop up the housing market.

This is perhaps the biggest most underhand method of control they have after encouraging getting married and having kids with tax breaks.

Stable families might be good for society, but they're even better for control.

How much have you got to lose?

Thumbs Up

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands-up! How many of us have burnt ourselves on a hot soldering iron, a cigarette lighter in a car or the heated food display cabinet in the chip shop. Perhaps you've touched something electrical and got a bad shock.

OK you can all put your hands down. Very Happy

In the same vein, how many of you will continue to vote for New Labour, the Conservatives, the LibDems, Plaid/SNP, UKIP or not even vote at all?

We have screwed ourselves over.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be an idea if there was a box that stated that none of the listed candidates/parties were worthy of our vote. then make voting, not compulsory, but an advantage. Then we would see how many votes are actually given to each party and who do the tactical votes and who do not have confidence in the parties at all.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
It would be an idea if there was a box that stated that none of the listed candidates/parties were worthy of our vote. then make voting, not compulsory, but an advantage. Then we would see how many votes are actually given to each party and who do the tactical votes and who do not have confidence in the parties at all.

But we'd still be screwed over.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Skudd wrote:

But we'd still be screwed over.

So what would you suggest?

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what would you suggest?

Assuming we wont ever have another general election, there's not much we can do. Britain has been browbeaten and brainwashed into submissiveness. Those of us who still have the will to fight are outnumbered. Generally, the British have become selfish, in fact so selfish they do not care about their childrens freedom.
We're fighting a losing battle.

If we are granted another general election in May 2010, a massive effort must be made. Every household in the country must be taught the value of an independent government. They must be made to understand that they are not being represented by the people they elect as leaders. They must be made to understand that another 4-5 years of the LibLabCon-men (and women) will seal the fete of their children and grandchildren, perhaps forever.

Plans have been made but I doubt they will ever come to fruition.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in what way are you fighting the battle?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:45 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

I'm guessing he'll be doing something like voting BNP/UKIP. Rolling Eyes

Tories, Lib Dem or Labour; they're all generally as bad as each other but its only when they get their second term of office that they start getting greedy and screwing the country over badly.

For their first four years they improve the mess left by the previous party, their second four years they're over confident and so doing whatever they want.

In some ways it could be benefical to the country if the shit did hit the fan. The army would then be patrolling the streets and they wouldn't be messing around arresting people for them to be given some crappy little community service sentence. Thumbs Up

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It seems the battle is over.

Earlier I grouped UKIP in with the other scum.....
Quote:
In the same vein, how many of you will continue to vote for New Labour, the Conservatives, the LibDems, Plaid/SNP, UKIP or not even vote at all?

To which Ste replied...
Quote:
I'm guessing he'll be doing something like voting BNP/UKIP

So there you have it, people walk around with their eyes shut. Sorta, can't see the wood for the tress.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the battle is over, has the war been won? if so isn't history written by the victors? and what does it feel like to be a looser?

No seriously, people talk about the battle the war, fighting for freedom, showing it to the man and all the other superlatives, but do they know what they mean or does anyone understand? Or is it that things aren't done in a way they want , but if they were some others would just be saying the same things about them, fighting the struggle, war, being oppressed, correcting grammar/ spelling etc etc etc.

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in Britain, were too comfy now. There will always be a fringe but they'll be labelled terrorists so discounted by the comfortably numb majority, they won't care when they're habitually rounded up (on a mere suspicion) and beaten.

I reckon there'll be a number of Megacorporations running things within my lifetime, there'll still be a semblence of government and democracy, but it'll just be a refined more clever version of what we have now.

What am I doing? Nothing just now, my tipping threshhold hasn't been reached.

I've just been reading some of the stories on the site in Kris' sig. Specifically about the reporters arrested around the Rebuplican conference in Denver... Poor show indeed...

Thumbs Down

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

History is history, usually written and rewritten by the apparent victors.

For the record, I vote for my local independent.

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being North of the border, we have a compromise in voting SNP. They're not too entrenched as a political party, but Scotland going independant is bound to rattle some cages...

Although, I suspect that much of their support is due to disgruntled labour/tory/lib voters and not necessarily because of their stellar proposals...

Thats who I'll vote for both up here and down there.

Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 16:33 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to vote for someone who has passion for the country and for it's citizens. There is not one party representative that has this quality.

Perhaps I am being brainwashed with media garbage, but Barack Obama seems to ooze in not just confidence, but sincerity and passion for his own country. Being black doesn't even make me sympathise him. He is a brilliant orator and a fantastic motivational politician. If he lives up to his promise, the USA should be a much better place and maybe someone in the UK will follow suit.

Gordon (Boring) Brown just doesn't cut being a PM, at least Alastair Darling has a cog in his brain that actually works. It was about time someone at Labour stated we are in deep trouble.

I got made redundant yesterday, I have now given up with this country, bunch of wankers.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon your post sums up this phrase perfectly:

People don't mind being oppressed by others as long as the person doing the supressing has Charisma.

Politicians are no more than Actors, Barrack is just another right wing lunatic who has good acting lessons, in time people will grow to hate him too.

Idealism and promises mean NOTHING , once they are in power they have no obligation to actually honour their promises.

Brown used the defence of no legitimate expectation on any thing contained in the manefesto,
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 03 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Jon your post sums up this phrase perfectly:

People don't mind being oppressed by others as long as the person doing the supressing has Charisma.

Politicians are no more than Actors, Barrack is just another right wing lunatic who has good acting lessons, in time people will grow to hate him too.

Idealism and promises mean NOTHING , once they are in power they have no obligation to actually honour their promises.

Brown used the defence of no legitimate expectation on any thing contained in the manefesto,

Amen to that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2