Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Valve clearances Honda cb100n

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Arachnoblaste...
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 16 Sep 2008    Post subject: Valve clearances Honda cb100n Reply with quote

Anyone know what what the above clearances are? Don't think there's a free manual on the web 'cos I've tried & failed but if anyone has a link to any tech spec concerning this little bike I would be eternally grateful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

I_Hate_Euro3
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 16 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: Valve clearances Honda cb100n Reply with quote

Arachnoblaster wrote:
Anyone know what what the above clearances are? Don't think there's a free manual on the web 'cos I've tried & failed but if anyone has a link to any tech spec concerning this little bike I would be eternally grateful.


I think the Honda CB100 is closely related to the Single Cylinder CB125 version (there was a twin Cylinder version).

I think both are closely related to the Honda CG125.
But the CG125 is OHV (pushrod) and the CB100 and CB125 are OHC (over head cam).

As for if the Valve Clearance are identical between these models, I do not have a clue.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Arachnoblaste...
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: Valve clearances Honda cb100n Reply with quote

I_Hate_Euro3 wrote:
As for if the Valve Clearance are identical between these models, I do not have a clue.


Thanks for the reply mate. I still am none the wiser myself. I know I should just bite the bullet and buy a Haynes but I must have a laziness problem or something.

Strange tho, I've posted on a lot of forums & no one seems to have this info.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

I_Hate_Euro3
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: Valve clearances Honda cb100n Reply with quote

Arachnoblaster wrote:
I_Hate_Euro3 wrote:
As for if the Valve Clearance are identical between these models, I do not have a clue.


Thanks for the reply mate. I still am none the wiser myself. I know I should just bite the bullet and buy a Haynes but I must have a laziness problem or something.

Strange tho, I've posted on a lot of forums & no one seems to have this info.


I have just looked on the Haynes website and can not find a Honda CB100 manual.
https://www.haynes.co.uk/

I found the following UK website
https://www.usedbikeguide.com/bible/display.asp?id=479

Looks like the only way to find out the valve clearance for sure is to ask a Honda Dealer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my CB100N Haynes manual (Smile) the clearance is 0.05mm, or 0.002"

Pick yourself one up on eBay :-

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170262940991
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I had it out (oooerr missus) I scanned the clearances and wiring for you. Where there's two columns of data on the first page, the 100 is on the left, the 125 on the right.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Arachnoblaste...
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 19 Sep 2008    Post subject: Utterly superb Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I thank you & my Honda thanks you.
Just off to do it now. Ooh how exciting...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.95 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.2 Kb