Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gordon Browns speech

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:58 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Gordon Browns speech Reply with quote

in a language most would understand. EPIC FAIL.

But alas, suddenly he is a hero, a man of the people, a sensitive caring prime minister with nothing but the best interests or all at heart. Who will not use his children as props apparently (yet to be seen, and no qualms about stuffing his pointless wife up there to fumble out a few words apparently)

A whole party, stood firmly behind him. Rolling Eyes Applause at every fifth word Laughing

I sincerely hope this is just media spin nonsense, paid handsomely for no doubt.

This whole farce is being hailed as some big success, some turning point. I wonder how much of our money this cost, thick end of a million I shouldn't wonder.

What the hell is going on, surely nobody capable of thinking for themselves will be the slightest bit influenced by such a load of rubbish.

In fact, its barely worth starting a thread over, it is just irritating me how much coverage it has recieved over the past few days, as if its the end to the worlds ills and our green and pleasant land is waiting for us just around the corner.

I despair.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was the same bollocks that every politicians speech goes like today.

<Insert crap about obscure point #1>
*APPLAUSE*
<Insert crap about obscure point #2>
*APPLAUSE*
<Insert crap about obscure point #3 WHILST SHOUTING AND MAKING FINGER GESTURES AS YOU FINISH>
*MORE APPLAUSE*

Someone once said a politician is a person who can speak for hours and never actually say anything.

I really hope this whole 'turn-around' is media hype, and people don't sincerely accept this tripe for anything more than the typical bullshit that it is. Sadly, as we all know, if the media hails it as a success story, and continues to do so, eventually people will start believing it.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh but the number of sheeple who will actually buy into that shit is unfvckinbelievable.

ETA...

I expect more of this in the coming days...

https://news.stv.tv/uk/30910-brown-gets-poll-boost-after-speech/

Last edited by cestrian on 23:13 - 24 Sep 2008; edited 1 time in total

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:13 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Yeh but the number of sheeple who will actually buy into that shit is unfvckinbelievable.

Indeed - it's virtually none.

People that will end up voting him will do so for other reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 02:54 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: Gordon Browns speech Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
I wonder how much of our money this cost, thick end of a million I shouldn't wonder.

Yeah, it's called Harry Potter tax Wink

It's a load of bollocks, as said if you listen to anything any of them say, they really don't say anything at all, just sort of repeat or elaborate the question asked using slightly longer words, they don't answer it. I can't listen to Gordon brown anyway, i'm too distracted by his inability to breath and talk like normal people, he has to rant for 30seconds then gasp for air.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 07:19 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye -the guy is an utter freak, he's obviously not human! Why would anyone with such an annoying tic put himself in the public eye?! I'd seen comedians take the piss out of it and thought they were exaggerating - turns out they weren't!

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

I cannot watch Gordon Brown talk because I can't help but fixate on that thing he does with his lower jaw between sentences, its just bizarre.

These speeches are so obviously choreographed, I've only seen snippets of it (couldn't sit and watch all of it with out losing the will to live) but it seemed like the usual bland platitudes. Wheeling the wife out was a very cynical move, but will probably only be seen as such by other cynics. It seems enough people bought into it to provide a blip in the polls.

Gordon Brown is a serious person, he doesn't do public speaking, he's crap at it, his smile is so disengenuous. He should be in a back room somewhere with someone shiny out front doing the talking... Hold on, what am I saying, he's a chump! he shouldn't be in power at all...

Dear christ, his speech, it must have worked on me!! It must be sublimial suggestion!! My jaw... Its gone all funny... OH NO! WE'RE AW DOOMED AH TELL YE DOOMED!!!

Joking... Wink

Thumbs Up

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa_broon74 wrote:
He should be in a back room somewhere with someone shiny out front doing the talking

He should be allegedly dangling by his alleged fat neck from the nearest alleged lamp post to No. 10.

Allegedly.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a useless zombie waste of space, so out of touch with the day-to-day realities of living in the real world he might as well be on another planet. The only thing he and his sh!t-house party are any good at is banning items and activities.

He's not even capable of levying a windfall tax against the energy companies, despite knowing we're being charged massively more than the continentals so that we are effectively subsidising their cheap energy. Fvcking scumbag criminals who care not a jot about the public they're supposed to be serving.

As for his speech...yet more pointless lying waffle. Blah blah blah blah blah blah...ad-nauseum.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt need to hear it, saw it on front of papers that he dragged his bint onto stage with him, and I just thought "do they still do that shit??.....More important, please tell me people dont still fall for that shit".

Christ, next he'll be making sure there's photos of him kissing babies.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1