Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sprockets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Carl Howell
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 07 Oct 2008    Post subject: Sprockets Reply with quote

My sprockets are knackered (I think they are 'hooked' and its making the chain go tight) but as my bike is fairly rare (Yamaha FZX250) no one makes aftermarket sprockets and I may have to wait a while to get some from Japan and it will cost loads.

I'm thinking of getting some made (I think I read on another forum about someone who had some made). Anyone know where I can get it done and how much? I think I will probably get a front to fit but will be stuck for a rear. I may drop the sprocket off at a bike shop near me and see if they can find one to match.

Also I may put a few teeth on the back or drop a few off the front as I've figured it out and top gear is good for 150mph+ on the limiter. It's a 250 and will only just do the ton but I don't want to be redlining at 70 down the motorway. At the moment top gear is 1000 rpm above the speed (70mph is 8000rpm, 80mph 9000 etc. Redline is 15,000.

Thanks, Carl
____________________
Owned: 2002 Gilera DNA 50, Yamaha DT125R

Own: Yamaha FZX250 Zeal (FZR250 engine as a similar shape to a Hornet)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.44 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 27.62 Kb