BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MV Augusta

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:48 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: MV Augusta Reply with quote

What do you guys think of these bikes? (sorry i i spelt it wrong) i'm just thinking of what bike to get next. not till nov lol oh well i can look forward to it.Anyone know how good they are at handaling/performance/speed/acceleration and reliability.
i'm also thining along the lines of cbr 6, r6, or zx6r i got alot of thinking to do though Rolling Eyes Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: MV Reply with quote

It's between the MV Agusta and the Benelli tornado as the best looking bike for me..The tornado is a nose infront i think but the MV is one gorgious bike.

If you've got the money for a MV your on lucky lad..i'd give my left bollock for one of them but a R6 aint a bad second best dan Smile

I'm lookin forward to seeing the F5 too..why cant the english make bikes that look like that instead of copying the 00/01 cbr in the case of the Trumph TT600

As for how the f4 handles and that i dont really know but it's up there with the best of them anyhow
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:14 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: Exotica Reply with quote

Just to add my bit...

Although I think the MV is sex on wheels to look at, it does have problems. I was lucky enough to run against one on a track day last summer and pee all over it. By the end of the day it was misfiring badly and when I spoke to the owner he said he has had no-end of problems with it.

It looks great even handles quite well but my £7 grand Gixxer pees all over it. So I guess it depends what you are buying a bike for. Pose? Looks? Handling? Performance? Exclusivity?

The Benelli also looks great but a little too weird? Sound great though at full scream! (Heard them at Brands Hatch Superbikes.) Check out their website with downloadable movies / sounds.

https://www.benelli.co.uk/benellilive/tornado/Tornado_main.htm

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:32 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: mv Reply with quote

I ant got the money i'm getting a job in a couple of months, so start saving till nov then pay the rest on loan. The insurance ant to bad over here. They are goreous bikes, just thinking about it at the moment.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: Exotica Reply with quote

As chills said get one for the looks / status symbol. For the same money you could get a better bike and upgrade various components.styling.
Personally I'd have to have a damn lot of money (now where did I put those lottery tickets?) before I got a bike like that.
So far I'm liking my ZX6r; as you may expect... not that I've had the chance to try it out in reasonable conditions Crying or Very sad

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: MV Reply with quote

my dads mate has an mv augusta F4 and he says that the handling is shite, he would prefer a duc 998.

wait for the MV F5

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:59 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

i didn't think they performed very well. i am really looking at the 600's. its proberly going to be between the r6 and zx6r

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: The 600s Reply with quote

Tough choice between the zx6r and the r6...but one i wouldn't mind makin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: ZX-6R Reply with quote

u seen the price of the ninjas, theyve gone rite down, nows the time to buy 1!!!
Springbok_Tony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: Truimph Reply with quote

U mean the speed triple, single swing arm, quite nice!

Vissie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only 17 and I had the big privalige (correct spelling ?) of driving a 2002 R6 what a machine. i could not beleive my eyes when I saw that i was clocking close to the 210km/h. I actually got scarred.

But hey I got one hell of an adrenaline rush.

Defanetly I would cgoose the R6 over ZX6.
( I don't like kawasaki that much.)

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: 600 Choice Reply with quote

Vissie wrote:
Defanetly I would cgoose the R6 over ZX6.
( I don't like kawasaki that much.)

I'm the complete oposite from that Vissie..Not that i dont like the R6 it's just that they are gettin too popular just like the R1 so i would go for somthin a bit different in the zx6r

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:17 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: 600 Choice Reply with quote

apparantly the zx6r is actually second best selling bike to the cbr600 in the UK... though you do seem to see more R6s around

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: zx6r Reply with quote

I read that myself G in the MCN. Are or were Kawazaki offering 0% finance on their bikes?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:02 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: zx6r Reply with quote

may have been, not sure... I got mine second hand.

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:28 - 23 Feb 2002    Post subject: zx6 Reply with quote

they are quite a few R6's. How does your ZX6 go G? they are also very nice biks, i got alot of time to think about it and save(till Nov) but i spose its a good thing to look forward to

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:49 - 24 Feb 2002    Post subject: zx6 Reply with quote

It goes very nicely... TBH I don't think there's that much in it between the 600s, the rider is almost allways going to be the limiting factor, not the bike.
Unfortunatley due to slimey roads and not much free time I haven't really had a chance to push it's handling... I've had to console myself with traffic light races and attempting wheelies on the back road to work Smile .

Your best bet is to get test rides on all the possible bikes to get a feel for which one suits you, not that I actually did this; I was intending to get an older model (which afaik were generally considered to be the best 600 95-98/99) for around £3k, but this one showed up with loads of extras, for £775 more it seemed worth it.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:12 - 24 Feb 2002    Post subject: ZX6R Reply with quote

i also prefer the ninja, esp in blue and black

wat extras did u get G?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1