Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Actually getting to the engine

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Miles.L
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Actually getting to the engine Reply with quote

Alright, how do i go about getting to my yamaha 50cc engine on my scooter.. Wanna be able to access and take off the carb, change spark plug and give inside the crank case a good old WD40, clean etc.

cheers

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Re: Actually getting to the engine Reply with quote

Miles.L wrote:
Alright, how do i go about getting to my yamaha 50cc engine on my scooter.. Wanna be able to access and take off the carb, change spark plug and give inside the crank case a good old WD40, clean etc.

cheers

I just took the fairings off. Usually starts with removing the bucket seat. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Miles.L
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright nice one cheers, don't wanna cock it up.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget to cable tie your herbert flydie to stop it falling in, and make sure to remove the chuff nut LAST.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Miles.L
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
dont forget to cable tie your herbert flydie to stop it falling in, and make sure to remove the chuff nut LAST.

mate, what's that in english?

:S totally lost me.. wtf is a chuff nut and whats a herbert flydie.. Embarassed Embarassed

cheers

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bs16
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:03 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:
mattsprattuk wrote:

Laughing

I know it's stupid, once again Matt forgot to ask which powerband was fitted, but what can you do if he doesn't ask if it is the blue or red one.

swiftb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes head dissaprovingly*
Laughing

Miles.L
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah great help sorry for askin

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:09 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pff, bs16, the powerband jokes are as old as god himself, and nowhere near as funny... and god isnt even funny, so how un-funny does that make powerband jokes? thats right, pretty fucking un-funny...

anyway...

as long as you connect your polaroid selector wire to the frame before you take the fairings off, the vinyls wont fall off, and when you come to put them back on, tap your heels three times before reconnecting it to get rid of any static electricity that would be generated by the panels.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

bs16
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:14 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
pff, bs16, the powerband jokes are as old as god himself, and nowhere near as funny... and god isnt even funny, so how un-funny does that make powerband jokes? thats right, pretty fucking un-funny...

anyway...

as long as you connect your polaroid selector wire to the frame before you take the fairings off, the vinyls wont fall off, and when you come to put them back on, tap your heels three times before reconnecting it to get rid of any static electricity that would be generated by the panels.

Yeah sorry m8 my bad. Soz Miles for trying to wind you up. Listen to Matt he is da man for 50s especially 2Ts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miles.L wrote:
yeah great help sorry for askin

You'll need a thicker skin than that around here Wink

Don't be so sensitive, just roll with the pisstakes and you'll get all the help you need eventually.

Besides, we need something to amuse us.

Miles.L
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
anyway...

lol I dunno if you're being serious or not or whether I'm just dumb Razz

But yeah - where am I gunna find the polaroid selector wire?

ta,

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

inside your rear tyre, but if it was made before 2004 then its in the front.

Speedy3
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:16 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, my one was under the speedo, not sure if it may be same for him?
Current bike: 2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 :: Previous Bikes: 2001 Kawasaki ZZR-600 E9 (Sold) 1996 Yamaha Diversion 600s (Sold),1997 Honda CB250 Nighthawk (Sold), 1988 Honda VFR 400 NC24 (Written Off), 1987 Honda CB350 S-G (Sold), Yamaha DT125 (Sold), Honda X8R-S 50cc (Stolen)

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, some of the older ones had it in the clocks, but they were changed because some people complained of vinyl failure if they accelerated too hard.

not too hard to fix, ask your dealer about it, it might be able to be sorted under warranty.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You harsh bastards Laughing

He's gone and booked it into a garage now Laughing

Miles ignore 'em, you've just gottta pull the fairings off, none of the other parts mention exist.

Although they did forget that because it's a Yamaha (fairly recent I presume) it has an up-side-down carburretor, which means the float is full of anti gravity. Be very careful removing this as they cost upwards of £450 to replace. Wink

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they the ones with the carbon fibre needle jets?

i think my 58cc suzuki goldshot had one of them, and i opened it under pressure Sad worst mistake i made with that.

i managed to fix it again by asking on a forum, then not understanding the replies because they were all pisstakes Very Happy

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your thinking of the same carbs that are on the Aerox, but the CF needle jets aren't CF, just a graphic of CF pattern which adds 45bhp.

They have the same carbs in a bigger size on the new VMax, but made 100% from Platinum.

Speedy3
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:05 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

platinum jets work better surely though as their chemical structure allows them to pass fuel through more efficiently and in turn increases the top speed by 28mph aswell as allowing the variator to make 73bhp at the front wheel?
Current bike: 2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 :: Previous Bikes: 2001 Kawasaki ZZR-600 E9 (Sold) 1996 Yamaha Diversion 600s (Sold),1997 Honda CB250 Nighthawk (Sold), 1988 Honda VFR 400 NC24 (Written Off), 1987 Honda CB350 S-G (Sold), Yamaha DT125 (Sold), Honda X8R-S 50cc (Stolen)

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is getting boring now...

just take the fairings off... held on by bolts or screws.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

But remember to disconnect the linear actuator.

Sorry Embarassed

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm, scooters actually have one of them, tardo

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you do get in theres no reason why you would want to be spraying WD inside the cases.

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
And when you do get in theres no reason why you would want to be spraying WD inside the cases.

I did wonder that, but didn't want to say owt lest my lack of ped knowledge be ripped to shreds!!! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1