 fourten Spanner Monkey

Joined: 27 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:14 - 17 Dec 2008 Post subject: Which rally driving experience? |
 |
|
Yo BCF'ers,
I'm getting my other half a rally driving experience for X'mas but i'm totally unsure as to which one... I'm pretty sure I want it to be a FOREST stage rather than gravel track. But what about the car itself- should it be rear/front wheel drive (Hyundai, Ford) or 4 wheel drive (Mitsibushi Evo, Subaru Impreza?) for the better 'rally' experience.... What do the wise ones of BCF say? pray do tell.
Many thanks ____________________ www.artridertraining.co.uk |
|
 Matthie World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Mar 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:55 - 17 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Gravel can be very fun, but I think that in a forest it always seems faster.
RWD cars are probally the most fun but takes alot of skill to go fast safely in one. If your OH has any experience then probally best to go for a RWD car. If not, 4WD will be just as good experience.
 ____________________ ***Previous: GPR50, FZ750 *** Current: Monkey bike, yella SV 650 ***
Tutton says: I hate random hardons, they are so weird... |
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 17 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't bother with front or rear wheel drive - if you're given the option. Get him an an Impreza or an Evo and I bet he'll be over the moon no matter what track. ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:10 - 17 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd probably buy a POS car , like a very old battered honda civic , and take it for a spin in a forrest , Simon used to do this all the time , he wrote off each and every car this way... ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|