Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Clairvoyants/astrologers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you believe in fortune telling?
Yes, I have been to one, predictions were accurate
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but never been to one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Been to one, but nothing came true
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
no, will never go to one
80%
 80%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 31

Author Message

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Clairvoyants/astrologers Reply with quote

Would you ever go to see a clairvoyant? Do you believe in what they say or not? Why?
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people


Last edited by kitty kat on 00:55 - 21 Nov 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load of wank Thumbs Up
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:57 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

W@nk X 2
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:01 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep what he said^

I stand by what i said on MSN kitty Razz
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Re: Clairvoyants/astrologers Reply with quote

kitty kat wrote:
Do you believe in what they say or not? Why?

Nope. They're crazy people, and they're only believed by other crazy people.

Wanna buy some magic beans?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:34 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at one years ago and was conned, told me crap that never came true.Cost me £40 for the privelidge. I have loads of psychic mates but nothing comes true what they say either. Though my mate did visit a psychic who knew i was preg before me and she never met me and I wasnt even there when she said it . That was a bit weird alright, she said i was having a boy though and got the dates right.

I dont really think alot of most of them as i aint prepaired to part with alot of cash for finding out I like things like cats and flowers. They should be free or at least cost a hell of alot less as it shouldnt be taken so seriously.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter sh1te. Never been to one and more likely to buy the aforementioned beans.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:42 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks I'm afraid. My mum was always into them.

Basically they ask general loaded questions and use all the bits they pick up from the answers to tell you something that seems insightful.

Add that to a receptive believer, and 'OMG how did she KNOW!!' ensues... Rolling Eyes
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been to one myself, sister is into all that stuff. She went a few years back and described some stuff about me to her. Also told her that her and me apparently have some sort of psychic power ourselves...
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all Derren Brown psychological trickery.

Would be nice if it was true, but there isn't an afterlife anyway so there's no use wishin'.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:06 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, utter wank, read up on cold reading.

The missus an her mates had one round about a month ago, some of them came out impressed, and some of it did sound impressive. However, were I to have been in the room at the same time I wonder how much non-verbal cues I'd have picked up on being given off by the person being read.

Its largely based off people remembering what the psychic got right, and discarding anything that they got wrong. For instance, take Dragonflys example. Ignoring the fact that she probably said something along the lines of "A friend is pregnant, it will be a boy...." and thus ignoring that statistically speaking that could be said to anyone and they'd probably hit the bullseye. Anyhow, that story would probably have never got a mention had she said "err a friend is pregnant, it will be a girl, born in november" this would have been completely wrong and thus deemed a non-event, thus the psychic would be labelled as crap, and so just because they hit the spot on one thing, they gain credibility.

Seriously, if all these people can speak to the dead, why is it we never hear details about what happens when we die, specifically. Is there a god? Jesus? Buddah? Satan?

I'll only be convinced if I went to one and they started doin some exorcist shit like talking in my grandfathers voice, I;d be hard pressed to debunk that. Since I will always have something much more worthwhile spending my money on, I doubt I will ever get a chance to test this out.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a load of shit and anyone who believes any of it has a fucking screw loose, including my mum who I am convinced is going slowly senile.

MarJay wrote:
Its all Derren Brown psychological trickery.


I love Derren Brown just for convincing that group of 'psychics' that he too was psychic and they refused to believe after that he'd just used cold reading techniques. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
It's a load of shit and anyone who believes any of it has a fucking screw loose, including my mum who I am convinced is going slowly senile.

MarJay wrote:
Its all Derren Brown psychological trickery.


I love Derren Brown just for convincing that group of 'psychics' that he too was psychic and they refused to believe after that he'd just used cold reading techniques. Laughing


You should read his book, there's more tales of that kind of stuff thats just a crackin hoot an a holla.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
You should read his book, there's more tales of that kind of stuff thats just a crackin hoot an a holla.


I have done, it's a very interesting book and gives quite an insight into the type of things he uses and his views on stuff like NLP which I had a brief interest in.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:00 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed out the 'they're bleeding the desperate dry with peddling false hope'.

Astrologers are worse as they like to pretend theres some science in it... has the loss of a planet upset their 'science' at all?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think clairvoyance and astrology can be compared; one is a lone nutter who says they're in contact with the other side, whilst the other does have quite an in-depth "science" to it. Neither of them however will tell you where the cash is buried, whether your father forgives you, the name of your secret admirer or what the lottery numbers will be on Saturday.

I'd get as much useful knowledge out of my cat. But he's a Scorpio and only thinks with his dick.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone who is good, could offer you a few insights into your life, under the guise of it coming from the spirits, but I think most are clueless.

I was once in a night club and some woman was coming around doing tarot card readings and she clearly didnt have a clue what the cards stood for.

When the temperance card came up, she said that that meant the person had a temper.

Whats a bit scarey, is some women live by these things and various half-baked advice from friends.

At least horroscopes in the paper are designed to be fairly innocuous and not lead people to do anything stupid.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.9 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 103.64 Kb