Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


5 minutes of fame.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: 5 minutes of fame. Reply with quote

For those of you who don't know me that well. I'm a volunteer for St John Ambulance in London. Over the past few week we've been working with the London Ambulance Service to provide a field hospital for 'Christmas Party Revellers' aka those too pissed to stay conscious, let alone stand!

There has usually been the odd reporter wanting to write an article on what we're doing. In 'The London Paper' we've received a 2 page spread. I'm in Black with the purple gloves on (page 12).

Nice to get my mug in the local rags from time to time! Very Happy

The file has been zipped as it's huge!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play for volunteering for that. Thumbs Up

Drink til you need a paramedic. Really classy. I'd leave them in a heap and hope they choked to death on their own sick.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Drink til you need a paramedic. Really classy. I'd leave them in a heap and hope they choked to death on their own sick.


And that's why you don't work for St John's ambulance Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:32 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: 5 minutes of fame. Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:

The file has been zipped as it's huge!


Here y'are. JPEG FTW. Wink
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:39 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You volenteraily look after drunk people? Shocked I think you have something wrong with you dude. I can't understand how people can drink that much I get to a point where I know I can't drink anymore as if I do I'm sick, alright sometimes It catches up on me and I do upchuck but I am still straight enough to walk on my own and look after myself. I don't see any fun in drinking past that.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been running a field hospital in Oldham for a while now.
Rather than doing something about the drunks fighting and stabbing folks it was decided to let them get on with it and just let some poor sod bandage them up. And then they wonder why pubs are shutting right left and centre and no one want to go drink in the town centre...... Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
You volenteraily look after drunk people?


On the bright side, you get to shag the fit ones and empty their pockets/handbags. "Yeah, looks like this one was robbed and raped too" Thumbs Up
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 3.81 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.24 Kb