Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Dance yourself thin?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:19 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Dance yourself thin? Reply with quote

Hi guys, hope you all had a good christmas.

I was wondering, would a good way to lose the fat I have accrued over the past year be to dance it away? I'm talking properly dance as in to hard dance or hard house music, stomping and glowsticking like at a rave, very energetic dancing which I enjoy doing. If I were to do 30 minutes to an hour of this a day every day, would it burn fat at any noticeable rate? I only ask as I want to get back into shape and I hate running or cycling. Walking is another option but wheres the fun in that and it takes ages Laughing

Cheers guys.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:39 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine it with some serious crack smoking and you'll drop weight like a space shuttle on take off Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weight loss is simply using more energy than you take in, so I reckon that if you enjoy bopping about for a bit every day and eat sensibly you'll be on a winner Thumbs Up

Most people fail to keep up their exercise regime as it's not enjoyable. Sounds like you enjoy dancing, therefore it's more likely you'll still be doing it come Easter, which is the idea. Not sure if you've noticed the ads on telly, but most of the fitness DVD's are quite dance based this year!! Rolling Eyes

Dance!
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could hack dancing everyday simply because its boring on your own and doing a gram of mandy five times a week will get expensive Wink

Swimming is good for me, no sweat and doesn't hurt my joints.
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regularly spend a night dancing around like a loon in my extension (so as not to disturb my deaf Spanish neighbour) to music, after a couple of albums I can be properly out of breath and knackered - I reckon it does me as much good as going for a 5 mile run (lunch time exercise)... just don't counter the good by supping on nice cold beer Wink

There's nothing boring about dancing around on your own after a day being trapped in meeting rooms/tied to a desk, especially if you're singing along at the top of your voice too Very Happy
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:34 - 30 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bella can get away with it, because she's eleven.

If you do it, you're a fag.

Post saved in the shame folder. Expect to see this again in the future.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:45 - 31 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, does it really look like I care what people on here think of me? I won't meet most of you anyway (Thank fuck, in most cases!)

Theres nothing better than getting some good hard dance on and stomping the fuck out! Cept taking drugs and doing it!

Plus its less risky than sodomising Asian children so I think you have no room to talk! Wink

Cheers for the more helpful replies!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 31 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares what people think? If you want to Dance, Dance Man, Dance!
(shoots a few shots at your feet)

People who go round calling people "fags" for doing anything remotely unusual are daft. If you live life worrying about what others think, there's always going to be morons who get kicks from mocking you for anything, and you'll get no where.



However, it will only have any success if you don't get bored of it.

I've always thought the best way to stay trim is to make activity part of the fabric of your life - so you stay fit without trying. Rather than partitioning an hour of your life each day specficially for exercise.

The problem is that 99% of us have really sedentary lives where our bodies are UNNATURALLY still. Humans are not designed to sit at keyboards for 8 hours a day motioning only our fingers.

Postmen don't go to the gym, for example, they get enough of a work out in the mornings.

To answer your question, if you burn off more calories than you consume (this being your recommended level) then you're heading in the right direction. Doesn't matter whether its by throwing stones or playing with children.
Consider your diet though: if you want to lose weight but you continue to eat shit, don't expect any sympathy when you fail. Less meat, more veg.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.


Last edited by steppen22 on 12:35 - 31 Dec 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 31 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuffle FTW - https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYEIBK5X1o&feature=related
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mooserx
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 31 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancing??? to lose weight????

wtf??? are you a little gay???

why not just go for a run?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 01 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore robby and just go for it.

Worked for this guy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 01 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooserx wrote:
dancing??? to lose weight????

wtf??? are you a little gay???

why not just go for a run?


There's so many comebacks that would totally slaughter you all over and make you look like a cretin, particularly touching upon the fact that if you ever left your house on a weekend to go to a decent club, you would notice people dancing (Straight people at that, oh the humanity!), and the fact that if you interviewed a few women (You know, those things that walk around outside with lumps in different places to you, you might have seen them when peeking out of your basement mirror) and asked them if the ability to dance is attractive of unattractive, you would find that they would mostly answer in the former and you generally find people who can dance in clubs are rolling in pussy for the most part, or that attacks on peoples sexuality are not only one of the most unimaginative ones but also usually say more about the people that use them, I mean put some effort into it for Gods sake! I could have also have mentioned that theres nothing wrong with being gay, though in my humble opinion I would have thought sometimes dancing can be more straight and masculine than running, have you seen the tight fitting fluorescent lycra that joggers wear, and that way they continue to jog whilst waiting for the lights to change, do you really think that is cool? Though unless you have a set of traffic lights in view of your bedroom window I wouldn't suspect you have the foggiest clue what I'm talking about. I could have said all that, but I fear my comma button would take too much of a pounding and I just can't be arsed at the end of the day, so I thought I'd choose the easiest one to type:

Go fuck. Mr. Green Middle Finger

And to you Shaun, there are different types of dancing, and mine is more like this: https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HD1Q0v0im2c
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 01 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom, I don't think Shaun really cares if dancing is gay or not, or whether he even thinks it ... just you were an easy target and he took the opportunity to play on it Laughing

For what its worth, any exercise is good exercise and dancing is as good as any. If you find it fun and stick at it long enough to see results then fuck what anyone else says.

But it's still funny that Shaun got to you a bit Wink hehe.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:54 - 01 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Phantom, I don't think Shaun really cares if dancing is gay or not, or whether he even thinks it ... just you were an easy target and he took the opportunity to play on it Laughing

For what its worth, any exercise is good exercise and dancing is as good as any. If you find it fun and stick at it long enough to see results then fuck what anyone else says.

But it's still funny that Shaun got to you a bit Wink hehe.


My reply wasn't to Shaun at all except the last bit, Shaun and I are (were Laughing) good friends.

Cheers for the advice. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 01 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Sparks! wrote:
Phantom, I don't think Shaun really cares if dancing is gay or not, or whether he even thinks it ... just you were an easy target and he took the opportunity to play on it Laughing

For what its worth, any exercise is good exercise and dancing is as good as any. If you find it fun and stick at it long enough to see results then fuck what anyone else says.

But it's still funny that Shaun got to you a bit Wink hehe.


My reply wasn't to Shaun at all except the last bit, Shaun and I are (were Laughing) good friends.

Cheers for the advice. Thumbs Up


Oh yeah! you didn't even reply to shauns post, don't know why I thought you did.. oh well, that makes most of my post irrelevant lol.

the running man is fun to do in the kitchen with socks on.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 02 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:

Omg dude wtf!
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:19 - 03 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing is a fine way to keep in shape!

I personally think a bloke who can dance is an attractive quality, wayyyyyy more attractive than the proverbial beer belly!!!! (I'm sure a LOT of women would agree).
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 04 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:

the running man is fun to do in the kitchen with socks on.


Hell yea!!
I have a BIG pair of knitted socks to wear whilst dancing, great for some super-smooth sliiiides along the kitchen floor Very Happy
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 04 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough (although probably not to fat people), I'm actually skinnier than I was when I went out dancing regularly... I am told this is because fat is lighter than muscle Shocked .
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 17:32 - 07 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not combine other excercise with hard-house music if you like it so much?

Like buy a cheapo second hand excercise bike, and make up a mix CD with your favorite tunes, preferably one with long breakdowns and good build ups, then 'pedal your tits off' to the tunes, Going really mental when the big beats drop. I reckon you'll get a similar euphoric feeling as dancing around. Endorphins being released and all that stuff. Plus will be a LOT more enjoyable than just cycling in silcene and less mental than dancing on your own Wink

But basically you just want to raise your metabolic rate enough so you start burning off the fat, and the best way to do that is through excersice. Then you can actually start eating more and still lose weight (balanced diet of course).
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:14 - 08 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Leroy give you a few hints.

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0746Edaolz8



Cheers
John
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:40 - 08 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

skluff wrote:
Why not combine other excercise with hard-house music if you like it so much?

Like buy a cheapo second hand excercise bike, and make up a mix CD with your favorite tunes, preferably one with long breakdowns and good build ups, then 'pedal your tits off' to the tunes, Going really mental when the big beats drop. I reckon you'll get a similar euphoric feeling as dancing around. Endorphins being released and all that stuff. Plus will be a LOT more enjoyable than just cycling in silcene and less mental than dancing on your own Wink

But basically you just want to raise your metabolic rate enough so you start burning off the fat, and the best way to do that is through excersice. Then you can actually start eating more and still lose weight (balanced diet of course).


Interesting, already have an exercise bike in the spare room but I hate it so much I find it hard to stay motivated. I think it's broken because I don't get tired at all pedalling hard on the top setting and I know for a fact it's not because I'm fit Laughing

And I already seen that video, theres a few good moves on there but I think its largely a pisstake - or I go to the wrong raves Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 10:23 - 08 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either try and replace the friction mechanism thingy, or - if you can wait a month or so - there will be a tidal wave of excercise equipment appearing on Ebay as people realise they can't actually be arsed to stick to that new year's resolution.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 08 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thinking, I think I'll wait it out and also look for a good exercise routine to burn fat, I used to do HIIT which was a killer so might look into that again.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 2.32 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 129.27 Kb