|
|
| Author |
Message |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:47 - 07 Jan 2009 Post subject: Where do I live?! |
 |
|
Right.
Drawing towards the end of my time as a student now, the hard work has truly begun and I am now getting stuck into my dissertation. In 6/7 months time I hope to recieve a letter telling me that I have a fantastic degree in History and I can go visit the real world.
So I am currently applying for graduate jobs/schemes etc and some application forms are asking me questions of where I currently live. Now; my family home is in Somerset, however I study at Coventry, I live here during term time. So what is my current address? I am on the electoral roll in Somerset and here and one would guess when I finish uni i'll be living with the rents again for a short while at least.
Thanks for your help.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LimehouseCBF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LimehouseCBF Nova Slayer
Joined: 04 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:45 - 07 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The campus is in the city centre so everything you want or need is at your fingertips, clubbing, shopping, decent food, plentiful pubs.
As for the uni, the standard I think is pretty poor, it is a poorly run organisation that seems to have only one aim, get as many people enrolled as possible, then when they get into uni forget about them.
HOWEVER, the engineering courses here are highly regarded as some of the best in the country, an old housemate of mine was studying motorcycle and motorsports engineering and to be honest for him, it wasn't what he expected. You won't be in uni that often, but you will get to tinker with some motorbikes. The coursework looked pretty intense from what I could tell, but he didn't have as much coursework as me.
If I had to choose between Swansea and Coventry, given the choice it would be Coventry everytime. In the centre of England you have Birmingham on your doorstep and nowhere is really far away. (apart from a beach ) ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LimehouseCBF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LimehouseCBF Nova Slayer
Joined: 04 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|