Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Recover missing emails from .PST

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Recover missing emails from .PST Reply with quote

Hi guys and girls,
Got a bit of a situation here, got a pst file that is 110mb but when you link it too outlook it only displays one folder with one message in the folder.
I have tried running ScanPST and using thunderbird but doesn't seem to be able to recover any mail.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good freeware outthere that may know to recovering these lost emails.

or other links/guides etc.

Cheers

Deano
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should do it:

https://tinyurl.com/78gb4q

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheeky cunt, i've been looking for some time now on google. as I cannot spend most my day looking for something I was asking for anyones recommendations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678

PostPosted: 15:17 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've transferred all my emails across computers before using the .pst file, but I'm pretty sure I just linked it to outlook as you have already tried.

Have you tried opening it from a 'blank' version of outlook? like a fresh install or something that doesn't have any settings?
You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably won't help, but when I had problems with my Outlook losing folders last month I was recommended to close Outlook and start it from the command prompt using:

outlook /resetfolders

Didn't fix my problem, and probably won't fix yours, but it's what Microsoft advise trying.

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanceLikeAMonkey wrote:
Probably won't help, but when I had problems with my Outlook losing folders last month I was recommended to close Outlook and start it from the command prompt using:

outlook /resetfolders

Didn't fix my problem, and probably won't fix yours, but it's what Microsoft advise trying.

I did that and it sorted my folders out. Thumbs Up Never thought stock Microsoft advice would work!!!

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad thing is I work for a Microsoft partner and followed there procedure of opening the pst with notepad, adding an entry to purposely corrupt the file and run a scanpst after. This my friends made it worse.
More emails disappeared than to begin with. Shocked
But if you search long and hard enough you can normally find some info or something someone has written to overcome something like this.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 19 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 'Kernel for Outlook'.

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Microsoft-Outlook-Mail-Recovery.html

Still haven't paid for mine, it still works.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 10 years, 105 days between these two posts...
georgex1234 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1