 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:15 - 13 Feb 2009 Post subject: Dubai in the poopy stuff |
 |
|
https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/dubai-boom-halt
Employees who lose work in the UAE automatically have their visa rescinded, generally giving them 30 days to leave.
"I look out of my balcony every day and I see Brits by the pool on their laptops," said Andrew Hillocks, 29, a sacked telecoms consultant whose passport has been seized. He will be escorted to the airport next week. "They're looking for work that just isn't there. I sold my car to cover my loan, but other people are panicking."
Under Dubai's strict legal code defaulting on debt or bouncing a cheque is punishable with jail. Any expatriate in financial difficulty knows the safest bet is to take the next outbound flight.
This is what happens when you build a city on a debt-economy.
Oops...  ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|