 speedy 172 Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 19 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
 amnesia Spanner Monkey
Joined: 21 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:46 - 17 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
If its a full 'new' registration - AB12CDE then I think my 8x6 is 'just' about big enough to have the correct spacing around the legal sized / style letters.
From memory its 11mm of reflective material required around the outer edge of the letters. The black border I have is one reason why my plate is illegal - it encroaches on this area. I also have no makers mark on the plate and a Suzuki logo instead of the Euro stars.
Go here - https://www.theplatemarket.com/display_of_registration_numbers.php - for confirmation of the requirements. There is a DVLA link, but it was broken when I checked.
Again, from memory I don't think the dimensions of the plate are specified - but it has to be big enough to accomodate the letters and spacings.
So if you are the mayor of Stoke on Trent (offical registration mark is VT1) you can have a tiny plate and still be legal. ____________________ 25/7 I'm a God-damn Rock Star
"Arguing about the best 125 is like arguing which Spice Girl could sing best" |
|