Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RS50 with senda/mx/rx engine trouble

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hutchysrs50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 24 Feb 2009    Post subject: RS50 with senda/mx/rx engine trouble Reply with quote

Soooo

The engine went on my rs 50 so i bought an engine off ebay, but it was kick start only (only paid £60), anyway i spent about 3 hours carefully drilling out the hole for the starter motor to fit in and it fits fine.

i fitted the stator plate and flywheel on from my old engine, pushed the button and the engine was turning over fine, had great compression ect... after a while i gave up cos i didnt want to burn out the starter motor. Since i could smell the petrol and it was getting a good spark i tryed kcik starting it and it started straight away!

I just cant see why it doesnt start off the button! as far as i know the engines are the same....
The engine Turns over... gets a spark.... has good compression, sucks the petrol in ok but it doesnt fire!!

if i hold the button down and push the kick start round with my hand, even slowly you can hear it go to start up.

Any reasons why it doesnt start off the button?

Ichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 24 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that the starter is draining all the power not allowing the plugs to give a good spark. Just take the plug out and see what happens off the button.

Any difference in the power output from the stator between the two engines?

Hutchysrs50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 24 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
It may be that the starter is draining all the power not allowing the plugs to give a good spark. Just take the plug out and see what happens off the button.

Any difference in the power output from the stator between the two engines?

non at all, the engine turns over exacly the same, after all, its in the same bike with with the same electrics, coil stator plate ect..

obvs when i take the plug out the engine turns over alot quicker, but thats just down to having no compression.

either way, the engine turns over exacly the same speed.

Ichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 24 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant that you should check the spark when kicking it over and compare to the spark off the button.

Hutchysrs50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 25 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Sorry, I meant that you should check the spark when kicking it over and compare to the spark off the button.

Checked them both, they seem to be the same. after all the spark shouldnt change unless your thinking its loosing power and loosing a spark when i press the button. (also the battery is fully charged and new, also put a jumper pack on when im using it for a long time.)

i just dont see why it isnt starting, there both effectivly being started the same way Neutral

i press the button and the flywheel turns or i push/kick the 'kickstart' to turn the flywheel.

i will look into the electrics more tomorrow as its the only thing i can think of Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1