 Twisted2004 Nova Slayer

Joined: 08 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:03 - 18 Mar 2009 Post subject: YZF1000 Cam Chain and Tensioner Rattle |
 |
|
Finally got round to having a look at my cam chain and tensioner on my YZF1000R Thunderace (1998 45k miles)
I started today. The bike is currently in bits.
I removed the cam chain tensioner first. It didnt look too bad. But I can see some wear on the teeth of the plunger.
I pulled off the valve cover to check the front guide. Again doesnt look too bad. No cracking or significant damage. Although there are some grooves in the guide.
I also checked the cam chain for slackness. There seems to be some play in the chain.
I have included videos and pics.
Video 1 - The Noise/Rattle
Video 2 - Cam Chain Test guide and tensioner -
Video 3 - Cam Chain Tensioner
IMAGES
https://picasaweb.google.com/twisted2009/ThunderaceCamChain
VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=twistedthunder2009&view=videos
Does the cam chain look stretched and need replacing?
Does the cam chain tensioner needs replacing?
Guides are worn and need replacing?
Or go and buy a new bike?
Let me know what you think. Thanks again in advance! |
|