Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

(BCF) Snetterton Video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:43 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: (BCF) Snetterton Video Reply with quote

Okay, very poor attempt, because this was pretty much the third time I've done it so I was losing enthusiasm, so dodgy music mixing, dodgy transitions etc....

https://www.giffould.com/trackdays/snetterton3/snett%20edited.wmv
71Mb os something, so only for you broadband hoes at the moment.

https://www.giffould.com/trackdays/snetterton3/snettedited-sma.wmv
This one only 36mb, and doesn't seem to lose much

I may do a couple of smaller version and a bigger one at some point!

The camera is mounted on the back of Alex's r6, while I'm on the turquoise r6 that catches up about 1/4 of the way in.

More to come....

(they probably won't be fully uploaded until about 10-11am today btw.)

Last edited by G on 09:54 - 19 Jun 2003; edited 2 times in total

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
its a classic i recommend u download it Very Happy

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kevo
Cop Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 13:06 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Video Reply with quote

Nice, especially the guy waving as he went past! , mint Smile

Oh and that complete arse on the white thou who ran over your back tyre going to hot into russels and crashed! Laughing

Kevo.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:26 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Video Reply with quote

kevo wrote:
Nice, especially the guy waving as he went past! , mint Smile

Oh and that complete arse on the white thou who ran over your back tyre going to hot into russels and crashed! Laughing

That would be the guy waving who crashed into me Confused

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 14:39 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Video Reply with quote

kevo wrote:
Oh and that complete arse on the white thou who ran over your back tyre going to hot into russels and crashed!

I ain't seen that bit. How far in is it?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:44 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Video Reply with quote

Doesn't actually show it... I was infront of Alex at the time.
Does show the aftermath as Alex passes it.

Full 'report' written and will be posted when I get back from work,

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice video!
It even showed some good riding Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah wicked vid G well liked it, you and that R6 are really going for it! wicked Andrew save these vids I wanna watch em again at the weekend please pretty please!
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kevo
Cop Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 15:20 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Video Reply with quote

Kornel wrote:
kevo wrote:
Oh and that complete arse on the white thou who ran over your back tyre going to hot into russels and crashed!

I ain't seen that bit. How far in is it?

As G said above you don't see the crash but you see the bike on the floor just before Alex comes back to the pit lane.

I knew the guy was gonna crash as came in far too hot into russells trying to beat G.

He basically went in to hot, had to run wide and caught the back of G on the way out. Luckily it didn't upset G's bike.

Regards,
Kevo.

Johnn

PostPosted: 16:13 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Neowwwwww! Reply with quote

neWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that was nice Smile

How fasy were you going?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 16:45 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, I take it you hired the R6, how much did the track day + bike cost you altogether? (roughly)

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:47 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the R6 from? Hire bike? If so how much?

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 16:49 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kornel wrote:
Where did you get the R6 from? Hire bike? If so how much?

www.biketrackdays.co.uk

go to bike hire somewhere on that site, G said he payed £140 for it, although it had no clocks!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:08 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The report:

Snetterton: G's Review

After some initial scares over bikes that were moving about on the trailer more than they would be on the track, we managed to get to the B&B at a not too ridiculous time.
Stayed at the usual place...
Breakfast delivered to 'the shed' this time.
Weather wasn't looking great on the 20 minute drive over the bumpy back roads to the circuit.

Got the bikes untangled from the mass of webbed-tie downs fairly quickly. I wandered over to the turquoise 'Lady Snoots' Van and found my hire bike, £145 with a £200 damage deposit, but they let me have it for £140 because they didn't have any change.
The r6 looked a bit scraggy, lots of scratches as you might expect and no clocks, not even a rev counter which worried me a bit more because it had been a while since I had ridden an r6 and I'd never got that used to it when I had. Apart from the race fairings, and no clocks, the bike had standard but tweaked suspension and a jetted, race filtered and race canned engine, the rest bar the much lower clip-ons was standard.
I was actually wondering if I should have gone for the more expensive company that were offering an r6 for £180 including tyre warmers looking at the lack of clocks. On the track it behaved pretty faultlessly though, not quite as much straight line acceleration as Alex's r6, though it seemed that it had standard sprockets, while Alex's has been down geared. It may have been this that gave me the confidence to drop to first in Russels and at points for Sears and coming out of the Esses however.

As we wandered over to the registration then the briefing there was a light sprinkling of rain and no hint of a break in the clouds so that the sun could pop out for a few minutes to dry the track out a bit.

Being in the intermediate group, we were first out, so the first session was taken pretty easy, a slide on the first corner after the 'sighting' laps suggested I needed to be very cautious on the cold race tyres. A couple more little slides were explained when I got back to the pits at the end of the session and the tyres were still hardly warm.
During the second session a 'dry line' was starting to form, giving about enough grip for knee down, though overtaking on Corams proved to be a bad idea because it meant going through some wetter track and a bit of standing water, leading to an interesting rear wheel slide.
By the third intermediate session it was wet again and any chance of good grip had disappeared. A few more little slides suggested I really didn't want to be pushing it much more, though we noticed that most of the people that had crashed were actually on race wets!

Waiting for the third session Luke said something particularly stupid, especially considering he was number 13 in the novice group... 'No one in novices has crashed yet'
True to form, as is life, something went a bit wrong and he high sided coming out of Sears, unfortunately Alex who was filming at Riches didn't get it on video, but did get the aftermath.

After lunch, true to the BBC weather forecast, the weather brightened up and the track was bone dry by the time we were back on it. After the initial 2 sighting laps to get everyone woken up again, I could really make use of the hire r6, catching up and overtaking all the bigger bike that got me on the straights when braking and in the corners, bar an r1 that I eventually lost in some traffic.
Vicky got a session on Alex's r6 on the first novice session after lunch while Alex and I got some film and video footage.
Luke continued to poke around his VFR and with the offer of one of Alex's foot pegs for the final session, was able to get it into a rideable state.

For the final session Alex strapped an old camcorder to the back of the bike, we weren't sure if the marshals would make a fuss, so Luke was to follow Alex to the pits to retrieve the camcorder if a fuss was made. The blue electrical tape seemed to do the trick and only the riders behind were curious.
I started at the back of the pack, so was let out a section behind Alex. After the first lap to get some heat into the tyres, I was pushing it a fair bit, though I still couldn't catch up until about half way through the session. Alex and I tussled for about 7 or 8 minutes .... with me going into Sears and the second half of the Esses a bit too fast a couple of times and almost going straight on, only just slowing down enough that I felt confident to turn.

Getting towards the end I overtook and managed to keep ahead for a bit. Coming out of Russels, while quite leant over, suddenly both wheels lost traction, for a couple of seconds I could see my £200 deposit disappearing, then just as quickly they caught again and I was back turning rather than heading straight of the rumble strips.
With a pounding heart I shook my head at the BCF people on the pit wall and went through the start-finish straight to notice a red flag... which confused me because though it felt like it at the time, I hadn't crashed. I wondered if some one had been a bit to eager and radioed ahead to red flag the session. Getting round the track at a slowish pace thanks to the red flags I didn't notice any crashes.
As I pulled into the pits the BCF people waiting waved me over to tell me what actually happened:
Apparently a GSXR1000 that was catching my up, tried to overtake on the outside while coming out of Russels (the bike can be seen on the video a bit earlier waving at the camera on Alex's bike). As I had no idea there was anyone else around, I was making use of the whole track to get the best speed out of the corner. Apparently the GSXR ran over my rear tyre with his front, he was completely wiped out, but managed to get his bike up before I had got around the red flagged lap.
It was also pointed out that there was coolant leaking from bike, I took it back to the Lady Snoots pits and had a quick look over, there didn't seem to be any significant scratches and no fresh coolant leaking. I talked to the bloke later and he just commented 'you seem to have got a coolant leak' ... I presume he hadn't noticed the little 'incident'.
Luke, Vicky and I wandered up the pit lane until we found a bloke nursing a hurting shoulder and a mashed bike. Luke asked 'What happened?' and got the response 'Some idiot got in my way'. I don't think anyone had explained that it's the prerogative of the person overtaking to do it safely.
I decided it was probably best not to hang around so me and Luke wandered off, while Vicky stayed to be nosey. Apparently it transpired that he had broken his shoulder bone, so any anger towards me wouldn't have been vented in a physical form, though he didn't seem to be the sort that wouldn't listen to reason.

We managed to not be the last people to leave as opposed to the previous time when we were locked in, with one truck left as we went, despite the smaller matter of the car keys disappearing!

Got home in quite good time, whereupon Vicky kindly leant Luke an old foot peg to replace the one he had borrowed from Alex.

If you are unsure of whether you really want to come on a track day, talk to Luke, who was incredibly unlucky to crash on his first trackday, yet is still enthusiastic for more!

kevo
Cop Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 19:20 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report G,

One comment though, even during the early parts of the morning when the rain was chucking it down. I had good grip with my 090's. I never recall having the bike even twitch on me. Rather silly thinking about it now but I was giving it some serious throttle coming out of those corners in the wet, little demons in my head said I was going to slide at any moment, the good demons kept them at bay and all was good on the grip front, strange or just good tyres?.

Luke however with exactly the same tyres and a few more miles on them commented that the grip was not good for him.

G, have you got those digicam pics of my tyres you took in the later part of the afternoon?.

Regards,
Kevo.

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 19:22 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody cocky Gixer riders Razz

Sounds like you had a good time!

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 19:29 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
talk to Luke, who was incredibly unlucky to crash on his first trackday, yet is still enthusiastic for more!

Not only that he was back out the same day, respect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:31 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up G Very Happy

Ste, you feel like sticking those vid's on cd please Wink (i'll give u a blank next time i see you if you want)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:34 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:

Ste, you feel like sticking those vid's on cd please Wink (i'll give u a blank next time i see you if you want)

I havn't downloaded them yet Razz

Hang on, I'm on dialup as well... Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing

Danny

PostPosted: 19:37 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Danny wrote:

I havn't downloaded them yet Razz

Hang on, I'm on dialup as well... Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing

Tis ok, you've got till saturday Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:39 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you remember to order my new clutch for me? Razz

Danny

PostPosted: 19:41 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Did you remember to order my new clutch for me? Razz
er................yes....... Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:44 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can stick various vids on CD if you want.

Danny

PostPosted: 19:46 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I can stick various vids on CD if you want.

Well Ste gave me a cd full of BCF vid's, so i've probably got most.

But yea please make me a cd, especially of the sunday when i was on your bike Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:48 - 19 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I meant...though whether I sort all the vids by them is another matter...
There's more track day vids to come.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2