Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

common questions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 16:58 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: common questions Reply with quote

How about if when somebody is about to ask a common question that may be found in the FAQ section, the board is able to recognise common words such as "what" "125" "first" "bike", and a pop-up suggests that instead of posting their question they should refer to the FAQ.

It is probably too difficult to implement but it would cut down on annoying common questions.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:00 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Re: common questions Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:

It is probably too difficult to implement but it would cut down on annoying common questions.

nice idea but its probably what you have said.

And then theres the problem of it messing up. And relaying most of our messages to somewhere else or suggesting something every 3 mins. lol

Don't give the board AI it will kill us all eventually!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 17:07 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was only for people who were Guests or had 0 Karma then it might work. Once they had some karma they would understand the posting etiquette a bit better.

But you're right... it is a bit like AI! Confused

Last edited by Major_Grooves on 17:22 - 24 Jun 2003; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:20 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the purpose of the "Search" function? Maybe Korn should just make a bigger button for it...Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 17:37 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or limit posting for newcomers so that they can only post after they have used the search function.
Possibly limit L plate warriors and derestricted dangers to so many posts per day (say 10 posts per day) and ease them into BCF life.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:23 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to add a basic intelligence test to the signup process, thus stopping all idiots from registering Smile

And make said test a requirement for a guest to post.

Suggestions for questions:

-What day of the week is it?
- what colour is the sky?
- what do bikes run on, petrol, diesel or water?
- are you stupid? (yes or no answer)

I think this should solve most of the current problems Wink

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 18:41 - 24 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if everytime a newbie starts a new topic they are presented with a message asking them if they are sure they want to ask the question, and have they checked the FAQ first.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 11:04 - 25 Jun 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
Or if everytime a newbie starts a new topic they are presented with a message asking them if they are sure they want to ask the question, and have they checked the FAQ first.

That would be a more suitable approach to solving a few problems, but you'll always get people that kinda miss the FAQ anyway..lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1