Push bike help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 6ft 3 too, although you are bit more heavy than me Razz

Erm think it cost him around £600-700, but that was a few years a go (at least 4). https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ Just had a look and they have a 'bike builder' page so I guess you can get an idea off there. I haven't really been into cycling properly since I got a moped so I have lost track with what is good and not, I wouldn't know what the latest group sets Shimano are best etc.

I think if I did a few (3-4) of 60-70 miles days over the summer I'd be able to do a 100 miles rides, especially if it wasn't a particular hill route. 20 miles on a decent road bike doesn't sound much to me now (although I haven't done any proper cycling for a year).

There will probably be a similar bike shop in your area that makes custom bikes, I dunno how local you are to Preston

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im from Reading so a fair distance away Razz Same sort of situation i used to cycle everywhere before i had any transport and i live out in the sticks, then got bikes and only rode a few times since.

Now neither of my bikes work and i was made redundant so getting a pedal bike seems to be the awnser.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno why, but it is satisfying riding a pedal bike. I often do the roads I learnt on my pedal bike on my motorbike. They are good (motorbikes), but you don't take in the views or what is around as much as you do on the bike.

Plus it is a damn good feeling getting to the top of a steep hill, being out of breath and being able to look back at what you just climbed. I went over Honister pass (1 in 4) in the lake district. Got to the top sweating to fvck and then realised I still had another gear on the back... I just found it funny at the time, was satisfying because me and mate had been worried that we would have to push up the hill (we never push) as it has a bit of a name for being pretty damn steep.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds55 wrote:
I dunno why, but it is satisfying riding a pedal bike.

It is indeed, it must have to do with the chemical reactions in the brain with the happy hormones if i'm correct? If i'm wrong then please correct me.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excising realises endorphins... I think that coupled with feeling of freedom when on a pedal bike is what does it. About 3 days after finishing my 3 peaks cycle ride (10-11 days cycling or walking everyday) I had a low day and my mum (nurse) thinks that just stopping excising as much will have been the reason. So lonewolf, don't stop cycling to work Thumbs Up

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds55 wrote:
Excising realises endorphins... I think that coupled with feeling of freedom when on a pedal bike is what does it. About 3 days after finishing my 3 peaks cycle ride (10-11 days cycling or walking everyday) I had a low day and my mum (nurse) thinks that just stopping excising as much will have been the reason. So lonewolf, don't stop cycling to work Thumbs Up

I wont be stopping, i need some wet gear tho so i stop gettin soaked an havin to work in wet cloths haha!

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a dry bag and and chuck that with some clothes in into a rucksac and ride with that. When you get to work change then. When it rained I used to put a waterproof breathable jacket (gore-tex) on and just wear shorts, oh and sun glasses because the water flicked up by the bike stung like a bitch when it went into the eyes.

But then I guess your cycling to work and not doing a 60 mile bike ride Laughing

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds55 wrote:
Get a dry bag and and chuck that with some clothes in into a rucksac and ride with that. When you get to work change then. When it rained I used to put a waterproof breathable jacket (gore-tex) on and just wear shorts, oh and sun glasses because the water flicked up by the bike stung like a bitch when it went into the eyes.

But then I guess your cycling to work and not doing a 60 mile bike ride Laughing

Work is like 4 miles away if not more, rear wheel flick gets my pants soaked an fron wheel flick covers the legs at the front, had water an muddy water in my eye, very unpleasent!

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love cycling in the rain Very Happy As long as its not windy it just feels refreshing.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how warm it is too!

Hail stone fucking hurt. Was bouncing on my ears between my face and sun glasses.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pisses me off, cos the rain is constantly beating on my face, the wind forces rain harder, tyres flick ground water all over me.

Its not nice.

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im strange i quite like getting cold and wet. Laughing Same as when im on motorbikes, its the feeling of getting in taking ya gear off and relaxing in the warmth Mr. Green .

Its wind i cant stand though.

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard of a universal contender? Been offered one for £30 so i might get is just to get started again, looked on google and cant find any info on it Confused

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some form of weird game show contestant? Laughing
My fucking DMR moto R/Ts havent come yet, am basically on the cord of my rear tyre, i hope the R/Ts will last longer than a week of rear wheel lock ups AKA strategic cornering... Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2