Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I'm back baby

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Cptn. Awesome
Crazy Courier



Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 26 May 2009    Post subject: I'm back baby Reply with quote

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, I had an off (only minor) and I trashed the fairings on my VFR400 NC24.

Well after lots of money, a new car, almost buying a VTR1000 from Kawasaki Newcastle and almost coming to tears I (or moreso my Dad) have finished the bike and it's now road legal.

Very Happy

One point I would point out to anyone who has had an off and can't decide if its worth repairing their bike because of it's lowish value, I say that if you truly love the machine you ride then do it. I fell in love with the noise my VFR makes, the way it rides and the way it looks so for me it was a no-option choice.
____________________
Rides - '60 Plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25, '03 Plate Kawasaki ZX6R B1H and an '87 VFR400 NC24

Naughty Fawbish: "An eagle is but an eagle until the suns flare blinds his prey." - Fawbish, 2010.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rhys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:52 - 26 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. Nice to see you kept your bike 'alive' and stayed by it regardless of money. I did a similar thing to my bike, luckily I had a spare fairing otherwise it really would have been costly as I spent £200 on parts to get it back and its still not to what it was - exhaust scraped, but do not know what I would have done if I didnt have the fairings, maybe it would have been tracked.

Now ya best be keepin it that way Razz

Very Happy
____________________
Current Bike: '94 RVF 400R
Bike Pics Youtube Myspace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ttr
Crazy Courier



Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 26 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, keeping '24s on the road.

I too love the sound mine made, and quite miss it in a lot of ways.

Just keep on top of the collector box, if it sniffs moisture it falls apart, and you can't get them with any ease any more!
____________________
GS125-> NT400->VFR400->CRM250->Z750 + GS125->NTV650 rat + VMX1200->GSF600 + GPz550
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 37.09 Kb