Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Songs with meaning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

shellywoozle
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Songs with meaning Reply with quote

Songs say alot and we associate them with memories etc.

What is you favourite tune and why?

I love Savage Gardens - Truly madly deeply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Dg1Ymji-Q

Holds some soppy memories
____________________
Tell your pants it's rude to point !!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

no associations, but my fave tune at the moment is

fleet foxes mykonos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeiRe4Qp9Dw
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

All mine are always connected with negative memories.
I have loads but i often listen to songs that reflect on how i feel, so no happy telly tubby-esque songs on my play list. Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shellywoozle
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
All mine are always connected with negative memories.
I have loads but i often listen to songs that reflect on how i feel, so no happy telly tubby-esque songs on my play list. Laughing


Suppose my song is sad as it was one I listened too when I split from the love of my life ..... god knows why I still like it LOL but I do.

Never god rid of the song nor my feelings for him. Maybe I should burn a copy onto disc then burn the disc LOL
____________________
Tell your pants it's rude to point !!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

deepfriedmars...
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Monkeys- From the Ritz to the Rubble brings back really happy memories Smile

Kirsty
____________________
Scottish and proud!
CBT passed-15/04/09
'06 Honda CBR125R Smile-Currently bikeless Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:58 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

shellywoozle wrote:

Suppose my song is sad as it was one I listened too when I split from the love of my life ..... god knows why I still like it LOL but I do.

Never god rid of the song nor my feelings for him. Maybe I should burn a copy onto disc then burn the disc LOL

Time heals all wounds they say, though i dont know if that type of wound heals at all.

Atleast you can admit it, where as i dont. Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your tits out for the lads - Various Artists.

I think it says a lot about what I want from life.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shellywoozle
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
shellywoozle wrote:

Suppose my song is sad as it was one I listened too when I split from the love of my life ..... god knows why I still like it LOL but I do.

Never god rid of the song nor my feelings for him. Maybe I should burn a copy onto disc then burn the disc LOL

Time heals all wounds they say, though i dont know if that type of wound heals at all.

Atleast you can admit it, where as i dont. Laughing


Aww hugs hun ..... mine was Nov 2007 and not healed and I don't think it ever will. Time just makes the memories of the bad things he did fade LOL
____________________
Tell your pants it's rude to point !!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best song for memories is Buck Rogers or similar era Feeder songs Seven days in the Sun, Just a Day etc.

It reminds me of fun, friends and fine weather.

My Own Worst Enemy by Lit reminds me of my late teens getting absolutly shitfaced and fucking people off was my forte.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
Get your tits out for the lads - Various Artists.

I think it says a lot about what I want from life.


I want that played at my funeral Thumbs Up

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:04 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Child by Guns N Roses...

It's been a while by Staind...

Good Riddance by Green Day...

Hello by Evanescense...

Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chillies...

Times Like These by Foo Fighters...

Gravedancer by Velvet Revolver...

My Sacrifice by Creed...

Are the ones that spring to mind... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scouse
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:52 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any song from the Snow Patrol - Final Straw album brings happy memories.

Hot chip songs make me laugh because they remind me of when my daughter was 18 months old and dancing like a loon any time she heard any of them. . Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arms Wide Open - Creed, reminds me of when my son was born, as the song is about having kids.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

karoshi
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in your heart, Aztec Camera
Buck rogers, Feeder
Find you're here, Wolfsheim
Self esteem, Offspring (actually the whole Smash album is linked to strong memories from 1995)
____________________
Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P. Dowd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promise Ring - Red and Blue Jeans

'Nothing feels good like you in red and blue jeans and your white and night things...'

Such a cool song brings back loads of memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9lZ7anrKPE&feature=PlayList&p=45233B3D6A3C9DCA&index=32

And alot of music by the get up kids, jimmy eat world, etc
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardy bum-Arctic monkeys

sums up everyday life,living with a pregnant hormonal wife and all
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Catalyst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fray - how to save a life

Reminds me of leavers day at school back in '07, good memories from school. Gets me all nostalgic and i'm only 18, much rather be back there!

Robbie Williams - She's the one

Just reminds me of when i was a kid growing up through the 90's when he was popular, a lot of his songs from that time bring back memory's though. Best years of my life before it went downhill. Miss them days like mad, having no worrys and going out in summer all day then back for dinner to watch robot wars Laughing .
____________________
|--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50...Neutral--Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:48 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy eat world - The middle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVP0b8qvZg8
For such a cheesy popish track i found it really helpful when getting through a very difficult time in my life.

Pantera - Walk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2xSwOY0xs
Whenever i've wanted to revel in being pissed off about something this song has been there for me.

Def Leppard - Lets get rocked : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygiTv7tEYm0
Brings back my teenage years every time i hear it.
____________________
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:58 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizzzard wrote:
Jimmy eat world - The middle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVP0b8qvZg8
For such a cheesy popish track i found it really helpful when getting through a very difficult time in my life.

Pantera - Walk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2xSwOY0xs
Whenever i've wanted to revel in being pissed off about something this song has been there for me.

Def Leppard - Lets get rocked : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygiTv7tEYm0
Brings back my teenage years every time i hear it.


I fucking love Walk, I'm gonna have to listen to that again, it's so pumping.

"ARE YOU TALKING TO ME!"
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurt - Trent Reznor



But I prefer the Johnny Cash cover, as Im currently learning it on guitar. Doesnt remind me of anything, it just quite literally provokes emotional response from somewhere in my head and makes me feel.

I barely even relate to it tbh. Not like its my life story or anything.


Oh, and one that I really cant help but be lifted/emulsioned by, is Remy Zero - Save Me. Yes its the Smallville theme. No, I dont care. Cool
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.48 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 113.79 Kb