Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

yamaha xt 125r lighting problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

jim231187
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Jun 2009    Post subject: yamaha xt 125r lighting problems Reply with quote

Hi every1, i've just got my self an xt 125 2005 as a cat c write off. I've done all the repairs but im having a nightmare with the lighting. When the bike is running, the little sidelight in the headlamp works, the rear no plate lamp works and the brake light works. The main headlamp doesnt work, neither does the tail lamp. Also the full beam indicator stays on even if you switch off the main beam but goes off if you remove the front bulb. I've replaced all of the bulbs but this didnt make a blind bit of difference. Please help!!! Thanks.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 20:45 - 07 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the fuses?
It might also be worth going over the wiring loom with a multimeter, to check for continuity.

jim231187
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:58 - 07 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply mate, do you know or know a way where i can find out where the fuses are? i can only see a main fuse by the battery and thats fine.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 10:40 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having found a wiring diagram (here) for an XT250, it looks like there may only be the one fuse, so apologies for getting that wrong.

In which case, I'd start looking for shorted connections. Look for anywhere the wires are in immediate contact with anything else, and check to see that insulation hasn't been worn away: sometimes you'll get bare patches caused by the vibration of the engine.
It may be something that looks totally silly, too: my 125 had a short on the front left indicator, and it was stopping the bike from starting.

Check the condition of the wiring as best you can. If you can't see anything, then get ready to go over it with a multimeter.

I'd also have a look at all available switches and connection points, too, to make sure there's not any corrosion that's playing havoc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1