Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My speedo trip knob question-Updated: Yes it does :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 23 Jun 2009    Post subject: My speedo trip knob question-Updated: Yes it does :) Reply with quote

I have established that my missing trip knob for my bandit 600 (1999) unfaired is attatched by a reverse thread.
Similar to this and this
edit since somebody pm'd me about this: The knob I bought was 'YAMAHA RD 250/350 lc trip knob'.
My question is does anybody know if this will actually fit my bandit? and does anyone think (just opinions here, leaning towards the cheapo one) that the chrome one is worth the extra moolah? (or if you wouldnt have it even if it was free).

Thanks in advance.


edit: oops fixed. And yer they are basically the same knob anyway.
Aye thats why i'm making the thread here instead of just buy and see Razz Already bought a harley one for 4 quid to see (couldnt work out how mine was attatched xD)


Last edited by yuri2085 on 20:38 - 18 Aug 2011; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 23 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those two links appear to show the same knob...?

I was going to suggest buying it and see, until I saw it was £8.00 Shocked

I'm missing one for a spare set too, but I'm going to have a go at making one if that's the price of replacements.
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 23 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:

I'm missing one for a spare set too, but I'm going to have a go at making one if that's the price of replacements.



Yer they are impossible to get hold of, suzuki told me i would have to buy a whole new clock -_-

Tell me if you get any luck on that subject.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 23 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuri2085 wrote:
Yer they are impossible to get hold of, suzuki told me i would have to buy a whole new clock

When I was scouting around for second hand clocks recently, I rang the local Suzuki dealer out of desperation. Get this: for a new speedo... £170!! and worse, a new tacho (and bear in mind it doesn't come with the chrome casing.. which is another £40 odd) it was...... £290!!! Shocked

Next time I have an off I'm going to climb on the front of the bike before it hits something, so I can take the brunt of the crash and so protect my clocks! Thumbs Up
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer- Yes it did fit Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.71 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 44.45 Kb